User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 92.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Uh are you dying any time soon? Like in the next year?

• @DAISHI said: Uh are you dying any time soon? Like in the next year?

I don't know. Do any of us? Maybe I will die next year. Maybe I'll die tomorrow. I have a problem that crops up every few months....well, it's happened twice. It comes out of nowhere. I become weak, then ill, then I have to lie down. Eventually, my body completely shuts off and restarts, and my senses come back one at a time, followed by the worst panic attack and feeling of my brains about to explode you could imagine. I've come pretty close to seeing that white light both times, and I don't know if it'll happen again or when. It's times like those that make me realize:

One second you're here, then bam. You don't even see it coming, and your world is ripped away from you. It could happen anytime, anywhere. So yes, I treat every day like my last.

• Yah well my friend actually is going to die this year. Don't torture yourself so much. She doesn't, she enjoys her life. She's not pondering its deep philosophical truths and meanings. over thinking life just leads to less enjoying it. She's enjoying her life.

• I don't fear death.

I only fear pain and dismemberment.

• My mother's only friend is dying within the week. Just found this out tonight. We can't see her in time. My mom doesn't know what to say to her. Friends for 22 years, those two, and she's all my mom has for a true friend. My mother is going to feel so alone soon.

Her friend is happy, and at peace. She doesn't want anyone to grieve.

I thought about that all day. But that's not me. I've always been afraid. When I was a baby I would go into fits of tears if someone laughed. As a child, I had crippling phobias of the dark and hallways and nightly recurring nightmares. As a teenager I was a nervous wreck in high school trying to get everyone to like me while dealing with extreme shyness and agoraphobia and panic disorder, and I failed with almost everyone. And now as a young adult I'm scared to go to sleep because I'm pondering the meaning of life. I have never been able to enjoy life. I make jokes, and make fun of others to cope. That's how I get enjoyment. Not great.

This isn't a switch, you overpaid quack. :) This is WHO I AM. I can't deal with this on my own. I need professional help. Which is really funny since I consider that a load of bullshit. Shrinks are people too; they're afraid and they deal with the same things I do and lack the same answers I do. Yet they're the professionals who can help me. Funny. That's funny.

• Prozac helps with anxiety.

• I'm on Zoloft. It does weird things to me. If I forget to take it, I end up on a down and have mood swings. I'm at the point with it if I don't take it I shake and my head feels dizzy.

I had mood swings before I took it, though, too. Zoloft's very effective against panic attacks. I can feel them coming on, but they never happen. It's like being unable to pee.

• I feel like the Telltale forums are dying.

• @DAISHI said: I feel like the Telltale forums are dying.

They always are, when there is nothing new. Well except for the Monkey Island sub. That one was very active even after.
    And all that's left is the same old guys writing here.:D

• Well there is the odd TWD forumer wandering over now and then. Wouldn't be so bad if people would stop leaving.

This discussion has been closed.