User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 9.3K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The Fallen said: In the christa version of his death he stops talking mid word which isn't a good sign. The full quote i hear is "Ill...be...Arghh...O..."

We cant say for sure if he's alive or dead of course, only that the situation looked bad. Escape far from impossible though if you want to look on the bright side.

Well.. Kenny didn't want to die, which he especially reveals if Ben lives to episode 5. I don't know too well bout the building, but the alley has alot of windows and doors and probably other ways of escaping.

In the building, there was light shining through. There was some way out. And all buildings have doors :P Windows almost definitely, and since they were over the first story, staircases or even an elevator. So take ya pick.

I think it is a very high chance of him living. I hope anyway.

• In the alleyway there was a window it's is possible he escaped through it

• @Mark$man said: Well.. Kenny didn't want to die, which he especially reveals if Ben lives to episode 5. I don't know too well bout the building, but the alley has alot of windows and doors and probably other ways of escaping.

In the building, there was light shining through. There was some way out. And all buildings have doors :P Windows almost definitely, and since they were over the first story, staircases or even an elevator. So take ya pick.

I think it is a very high chance of him living. I hope anyway.

I'm still not sure whether he meant he didn't want to die or whether he didn't want to "quit" like Katjaa, and can justify it as a sacrifice instead of suicide, in the Ben version especially his decision to stay behind is quite needless.

Maybe im just needlessly negative, but can you blame me with all the game hass shown us so far? The options open for them if they want to write an escape. I'm certain he do know he at least tried to fight his way out and your right that the situation, if bleak wasn't hopeless, but the whole thing felt like a death scene to me, his last goodbye with Lee and the resigned look on his face.

• Eh maybe. It was at first, maybe that is why you feel that way. Gammin said when it was first recorded it was clear Kenny died, but did a retake to make the 'death scene' more subtle.

Kenny didn't want to die, he wanted to make it. He wanted to believe in hope. He wanted to help Ben because of pity, that he felt bad for being a jerk to him. Probably also saw it as a Shawn position. He was going to die, but Kenny didn't want to leave another helpless victim.

I know that I were to think as Kenny, he knew that if there was ANY way he could make it out, it wouldn't be with Lee there too.

Kenny didn't wish to give up, as you said with the talk about Katjaa. That you don't give up until the very end. He also spoke of being a better friend, so he wanted to redeem himself. I don't think he'd die before truly accomplishing that.

If you talk between him and Lee, I forget what you have to choose, but he will say how either way, it's okay. Either he saves the boy/he survives, or he gets to see his family again. However, when the walkers close in, he seems to have a change of heart and makes a run for it, ending Ben quickly. I don't know why, but I think he had his reasons.

He wasn't sacrificing himself, there was no reason to. And it wasn't a suicide, because he spoke about how it is never the answer. I think it is a special conversation(as in you have to choose just the right responses). I can understand your thoughts though, and he could be dead. I am a huge TWD fan though, and if there is one thig I know, if you don't see the body, they aren't dead. They will clarify with time. I can hope he is alive, and it seems you are a fan of him as well. I think the chances he survived the death scene are higher than him dying, even if Telltale only gives him a brief re-intro before snatching him again to truly kill him. I can think this because Telltale is low on veteran/returning characters. You have Clem, Omid, Christa, Molly(possible), Kenny(possible), Lilly(now possible). I think that's it unless Lilly used Carley's pistol to kill Carley/Doug xD (reference to episode 2 with Andy). Just gotta hope!

• Kenny better pull a Tyreese on this one x)

• Kenny's scene isn't really a death scene. More of a "Lee needs to confront the stranger alone" scene to get Kenny out of the picture in a believable way.

• @Mark$man said: those 'death sounds' were made by the walkers. In the one with Ben, most sounds are made of Ben getting eaten after dying.

I don't see how Ben could make any noises after being mercy killed by Kenny

• @Mark$man said: Eh maybe. It was at first, maybe that is why you feel that way. Gammin said when it was first recorded it was clear Kenny died, but did a retake to make the 'death scene' more subtle.

Kenny didn't want to die, he wanted to make it. He wanted to believe in hope. He wanted to help Ben because of pity, that he felt bad for being a jerk to him. Probably also saw it as a Shawn position. He was going to die, but Kenny didn't want to leave another helpless victim.

I know that I were to think as Kenny, he knew that if there was ANY way he could make it out, it wouldn't be with Lee there too.

Kenny didn't wish to give up, as you said with the talk about Katjaa. That you don't give up until the very end. He also spoke of being a better friend, so he wanted to redeem himself. I don't think he'd die before truly accomplishing that.

If you talk between him and Lee, I forget what you have to choose, but he will say how either way, it's okay. Either he saves the boy/he survives, or he gets to see his family again. However, when the walkers close in, he seems to have a change of heart and makes a run for it, ending Ben quickly. I don't know why, but I think he had his reasons.

He wasn't sacrificing himself, there was no reason to. And it wasn't a suicide, because he spoke about how it is never the answer. I think it is a special conversation(as in you have to choose just the right responses). I can understand your thoughts though, and he could be dead. I am a huge TWD fan though, and if there is one thig I know, if you don't see the body, they aren't dead. They will clarify with time. I can hope he is alive, and it seems you are a fan of him as well. I think the chances he survived the death scene are higher than him dying, even if Telltale only gives him a brief re-intro before snatching him again to truly kill him. I can think this because Telltale is low on veteran/returning characters. You have Clem, Omid, Christa, Molly(possible), Kenny(possible), Lilly(now possible). I think that's it unless Lilly used Carley's pistol to kill Carley/Doug xD (reference to episode 2 with Andy). Just gotta hope!

If he wanted to live he wouldn't of stayed behind, and there was no way out of either scenario.

• @Mornai said: Kenny's scene isn't really a death scene. More of a "Lee needs to confront the stranger alone" scene to get Kenny out of the picture in a believable way.

Yeah, I kinda feel that way, too. Though I'm not totally convinced that he's either dead, undead, or alive.

Personally, whatever TTG decides to do would be fine with me. I trust 'em!

• @King Cam72 said: I don't see how Ben could make any noises after being mercy killed by Kenny

Dude, seriously? a body getting torn apart and eaten as walkers eat him doesn't make a lot of noise? Brie never said much, but the walkers biting her made alot of noise.

Add Comment