User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 183.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If King's Quest happened, everyone would probably come flocking back.

• TWl.png

Working on an animated short, I guess. This'll go far. Yep.

• Woo! I need to read that first issue of Howard the Duck now.

• @Secret Fawful said: TWl.png

That's what George Lucas does to you.

• @der_ketzer said: That's what George Lucas does to you.

Please don't mention that guy and Howard in the same sentence.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@DAISHI said: I feel like the Telltale forums are dying.

Ah, no. There's actually still a lot happening in the TWD forum, including newly registered members asking about stuff that has been discussed 1000 times. ;)

I was a bit shocked to see how quickly interest in the forum beta waned. I really hope there's no community loss in that migration... :eek:

• @Rather Dashing said: Did you see/what was your opinion on Coralline? Depending on how you liked or didn't like it and why, it'd be easier to figure out if you'd like it.

I thought it was all right. It's been quite a while, so I'm not really sure what exactly I did/didn't like. Maybe I'll have to give it a watch again soon and get back to you.

@Rather Dashing said: I was a bit shocked to see how quickly interest in the forum beta waned. I really hope there's no community loss in that migration... :eek:

Oh, I'd guarantee that there will be. I just hope that the finished product is such that I don't decide to join the exodus.

• @Vainamoinen said: I was a bit shocked to see how quickly interest in the forum beta waned. I really hope there's no community loss in that migration... :eek:

The need to log in every time you closed your browser keeps even me away.
    Also searching for new posts is a nightmare right now. So what is the point of even going there?

• What do you do when your boss promises to give you information about the new department your supposed to be working on at the end of the week, but then decides to go on holiday for the rest of that week and not tell you anything at all?

Because thats the situation I am in now.
    And I've had enough now.
    This guy, just hasn't done anything about his side of the arrangement, and after four month of pushing a trolley around I've just had enough.
    (It was only supposed to be 6-8 weeks. I heard that come from his very lips so I know that I couldn't be confused here)

I haven't even bothered to go into work this week. I don't even KNOW what work I'm supposed to be doing.

I just can't go on with this. I mean I worked 5 days a week for four months, 37 hours a week, and only getting paid my regular 7.5 hour weekly pay, and for what?

Nothing. Exactly nothing.

I have learned nothing. Dotcom never did anything with me except order me to push trolleys around all day.
    For fucks sake, I'm supposed to be doing a placement here. I'm doing a fucking business degree. I need to be learning stuff. Anything.
    But I learned nothing else. I didn't even have that day out with the driver I was promised.

I... need to look for something else now. A new job, or just charity work for the week or something, because anything is better than this.

I mean I had to get out of it. The despair was all-consuming.
    I don't see how people can live with that monotony. That groundhog day-like experience.
    It was maddening. I constantly felt like running out of the store and jumping into the traffic or something, just to escape it all.

My life isn't great as it is, but this was pushing me over the line. It was just plain unhealthy.

I can't bring myself to tell the uni about it still. Its been a very long time since I've been in contact. Likely screwed everything up, but Its the shame guys. I feel so ashamed of myself. That I let this happen.
    I was so desperate to stay on the course I tried everything. I probably should have sucked up that very little pride I had left and just transferred.
    I just can't handle it. Seeing all those "uni-friends" again.
    They might even half-care about me, but I couldn't face them.
    They were all so successful, getting everything they wanted, having those perfect little experiences, posting it all up on facebook and that, and me?

nothing. I just never achieve anything, and it just depresses me.
    I try so hard to do stuff, but I just never seem to get enough traction to be successful.

I don't have a lot of skill. I don't have any connections really.
    Even basic things have been a struggle to me. Hell it took a lot of convincing by my parents just to go to a Magic draft.
    Something that simple, and I struggle with it.
    I was so nervous when I went as well. Its so stupid but its true. I'm just full of fear.

Afraid to step out of the shadows I lurk in and be noticed.
    I crave to be recognised, to be acknowledged, to have that little bit more, but I'm so afraid to commit to that. Afraid I'll get burned by playing with fire.

Only when I surrender my heart, do I ever seem capable to rebel.
    But its a kind of mindless rebellion, and it simply does not last.

Somehow this c-c-cowardly Lion needs to learn some true bravery. Else he's just going to go nowhere.

Sorry for dumping this all down at once, but I really needed to vent today.

• @Vainamoinen said: Ah, no. There's actually still a lot happening in the TWD forum, including newly registered members asking about stuff that has been discussed 1000 times. ;)

I was a bit shocked to see how quickly interest in the forum beta waned. I really hope there's no community loss in that migration... :eek:

Yeah but that's TWD. Not to say it's not its own thing but it sorta is. The General Chat area is my frequent flock because I don't always want to talk about specific games per se.

(FYI To Darth Marsden ever since you corrected me for saying "per say" I can't abide it being written incorrectly)

This discussion has been closed.