User Avatar Image

How about someone like Ben as a new Protagonist?

posted by Chanut_N on - last edited - Viewed by 776 users

Ben 2.00 as a new protagonist in Season 2.

The game will force you to decide between the most moronic solutions. Which stupid way would you choose? Something like that.

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Someone like Ben? Hmm, we'll most likely be dead by the end of the episode x)

• @AnnaSan said: Someone like Ben? Hmm, we'll most likely be dead by the end of the episode x)

^Ice for that burn? lol Ben killer!

• @Mark$man said: Or maybe like Ash Ketchum, where the PC gets dumber and dumber as the story progresses xD

and stays 10 years old forever? LOL

• @thestalkinghead said: instead of the silent option you always have the choice to say "my dad was special forces"

@thestalkinghead said: ^hell yeah!

Everytime he meets someone new he fucks it up and they end up leaving xP

• Every choice would be like a Duck/Shawn choice. No matter what you choose you can't save Shawn. And in the fourth game you an NPC gets an option to save you.

• "Oh god, I've been bitten! Ben 2.0, you have to cut off my arm before the infection spreads!"

Press Y to: cut off his leg
    Press X to: faint
    Press B to: run away
    Press A to: ...

• @CarScar said: "Oh god, I've been bitten! Ben 2.0, you have to cut off my arm before the infection spreads!"

Press Y to: cut off his leg
    Press X to: faint
    Press B to: run away
    Press A to: cut off wrong arm

Fixed. :D

On topic, I know this started as somewhat of a joke, it would be interesting playing as someone meeker and more vulnerable next season. Lee was both strong and fairly smart so his well being wasn't a big issue through most of the game, it was generally other people you were worried about. It's probably most obvious with the food decision in episode two where keeping a piece of food for Lee was the least picked option, probably because we all knew how strong could be. Imagine if you played as someone too weak to fight back without food. It'd make choices like that a lot harder.

It could maybe even work as a bit of role reversal from the parental theme in the first season. Instead of a parental figure you might play as a relatively child like figure who needs help from people and is resented by others for it. It'd be tricky, but if done right it might make for quite the unique experience.

• Hmm I'd like to play as a young character, maybe low teens, but still fairly reliable. The kinda child that reads on this kinda stuff (nerdy I suppose) but is handy. They aren't strong, but they aren't weak. They aren't smart, but aren't dumb. They aren't always friendly, but aren't hostile. Fairly in the middle. But should be caring of others, like Clem :) and is adaptive to the situation, a character that can improvise depending on the task at hand, maybe even more so than Lee (so we can make that amputation in time god damnit!) Female or male doesn't matter to me, it'd be interesting either way. I'd say start the character off with a bad note, and have people hate him/her, and kind of baby him/her, and the character will have to go through other experiences and become an even better survivalist, and later be faced with a very difficult problem (a walker horde, an attack from another group, a surrounded situation, etc.) where your character, depending on the ways you handled previous problems and trained yourself, can either go BADASS and prove that you are not a child, but as Chuck had said, you are ALIVE. Maybe at the end go from the follower to one of the primary leaders, using your wit, your newfound strength, your acquired skills, and your ability to improvise and strategize to keep your group alive. I'm not saying have a teenager lead mid-aged adults, but becoming a leader in a sense like Glenn of the show. Not be the central leader, but someone who can step up when needed and take charge and be someone that the group looks up to.

Either that or your character absolutely fails and gets many of your group killed, becoming a liability to the group and maybe a detriment for awhile after. Maybe be able to prove yourself later on, but never be what you would have in the first choice.

Or maybe a third option where you failed in decision making, and preparing yourself for the hardships to come, you aren't able to kill walkers when they attack your friends, are overpowered by a walker and get seperated by the group, and by the end are killed by a horde. Maybe just before sacrifice yourself to allow others to escape survive, seeing that you made it back briefly.

I wouldn't like a Ben character, like seriously by the end I'd hope suicide was an option. But this I think would be pretty cool, and would allow for a branched story. Or if Telltale couldn't do that, have those you save if you are the better version get killed off in unsavable situations (like Ben). Then you'd still have the same arc. Then your character could disappear instead of die. Your fate unknown :P

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Fixed. :D

On topic, I know this started as somewhat of a joke, it would be interesting playing as someone meeker and more vulnerable next season. Lee was both strong and fairly smart so his well being wasn't a big issue through most of the game, it was generally other people you were worried about. It's probably most obvious with the food decision in episode two where keeping a piece of food for Lee was the least picked option, probably because we all knew how strong could be. Imagine if you played as someone too weak to fight back without food. It'd make choices like that a lot harder.

It could maybe even work as a bit of role reversal from the parental theme in the first season. Instead of a parental figure you might play as a relatively child like figure who needs help from people and is resented by others for it. It'd be tricky, but if done right it might make for quite the unique experience.

Hilarious!

Add Comment