User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users

So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah I'm thinking the same way I did with Colonial Marines, being a huge fan of both the "Alien" series and TWD, I'm gonna assume the worst from it so I won't be disappointed lol. Had high hopes for Colonial Marines but should have known better, okay game but what a god awful, plot hole, Ret-conning piece of story that turned out to be. It was an embarrassment to the original "Aliens" movie and will forever pretend it never existed... much like S. Darko...

Hope this game doesn't let us down like many believe it will.

• @mosfet said: And the PC version has been cancelled. That's pretty much an admission that they don't give a fuck about this game. I guess they figure the PC crowd is more discerning?

Well.... Ok then.

Will probably end up saving me money in the long run.
    Thanks Activision, no impulse buy from me now.

• I'm sure they'll cry their way to the bank.

• What about Crysis 3,is that any good?

• @Saoralba131 said: What about Crysis 3,is that any good?

The gameplay is pretty similar to Crysis 2, except that the levels are more open in general, with more verticality, the AI is better, and the guns feel a bit more responsive. The story is a bit deeper and less confusing than Crysis 2, but it isn't anything to write home about. The graphics are insane, hands down the best looking game on all platforms of release (especially great on PC). It's a fun game, but a bit short by my standards (it's about 6-7 hours long, if you take your time).

The multiplayer is pretty fun, kind of like a mix of Call of Duty and Halo. There are a lot of different modes and maps, and the hit detection is pretty good, assuming you have a decent connection.

• I played Crysis 3 Beta Multiplayer, and I didn't really enjoy it. It felt like Call of Duty in the future.

I do like Call of Duty (more so just MW2) but after 5 mins or so I quit the beta, others might've liked it though.

• @Phil_TWD said: I played Crysis 3 Beta Multiplayer, and I didn't really enjoy it. It felt like Call of Duty in the future.

I do like Call of Duty (more so just MW2) but after 5 mins or so I quit the beta, others might've liked it though.

5 minutes isn't an accurate representation of the game... at all.

• @Yertos said: Yeah I'm thinking the same way I did with Colonial Marines, being a huge fan of both the "Alien" series and TWD, I'm gonna assume the worst from it so I won't be disappointed lol. Had high hopes for Colonial Marines but should have known better, okay game but what a god awful, plot hole, Ret-conning piece of story that turned out to be. It was an embarrassment to the original "Aliens" movie and will forever pretend it never existed... much like S. Darko...

Hey, if you get high off your ass before you watch S. Darko...it still sucks ungodly amounts of ass. :(

• I'll get the game just to be supportive of the Walking Dead. If the game sucks, I'll let everyone else do the talking for me :D

• I'm going to pre-order it next week. I mean, come on, Daryl Dixon.

Add Comment