User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 192.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@DAISHI said: Yeah but that's TWD. Not to say it's not its own thing but it sorta is.

Again, you just have to think back to 2009 and the advent of Monkey Island. Exactly the same situation. EVERYTHING was MI. The only difference was that the interest after episode 5 immediately got transferred to S&M3.

@DAISHI said: Every time my girl is afraid, my heart just melts. There's nothing I can do for her. I can't save her. So why do I even have love?

Protection is an illusion. But upholding that illusion can be pretty convincing. And rewarding. After all, we do think of Don Quichotte as a noble figure, don't we? Care, consolation and encouragement aren't illusions. You can give that. Real and true and felt and passionate. That's a strength that makes us people.

And don't start with the chemical nonsense. Love is more complicated than chemicals, and in the end, our feelings are the only truth we can really rely on. If love is all chemicals... give a heartfelt thanks to the chemicals. ;)

• @der_ketzer said: The need to log in every time you closed your browser keeps even me away.

It's not even just when you close your browser. It's whenever you're inactive for fifteen minutes or so. Because I never close my browser. Ever. And I still had to log in repeatedly.

I might be making my permanent residence at myth-weavers after this. I practically have been living there anyways recently.

• Hey Musically Inspired is there a trailer for the new game?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@der_ketzer said: The need to log in every time you closed your browser keeps even me away.
    Also searching for new posts is a nightmare right now. So what is the point of even going there?

For what it's worth, the feedback has been heard, and both of those things are supposed to change when the new site launches. You'll be able to have a persistent login (that was supposed to happen in the beta, but seems the mechanism was bugged). I believe the current plan for improving navigation is to develop a "Next unread post" button, which you can click to travel to each new post in the thread in visual (rather than post-time) order.

• Why does the messageboard say the last post was yesterday at almost 24 hours ago?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@DAISHI said: Why does the messageboard say the last post was yesterday at almost 24 hours ago?

Whereabouts is that?

• der ketzer's post says it happened yesterday, almost 24 hours ago.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Strange. Looks regular to me:

[ATTACH]3704[/ATTACH]

This discussion has been closed.