User Avatar Image

Season "extra" discussion, speculation & news

posted by Araron on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

New Up at Noon is up guys with Gary Whitta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsiavaPiZjQ .

Apparently,we will have more info on the SXSW GEEK stage,but we might also get something between Season 1 and 2,to ease (or worsen) our Season 2 wait.DLC maybe?

So whats your though on all of this? :)

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Araron said: Yeah,there will be an episode between the first and the second season. :)
    Btw, IGN-Confirmed,we are waiting for official news from Telltale. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/more-telltales-walking-dead-coming-before-season-2

you sure that there will be an episode between the first and the second season? Oh... I don't like that. Really this makes no sense because we already know that almost everyone in the group are dead

• @zev_zev said: you sure that there will be an episode between the first and the second season? Oh... I don't like that. Really this makes no sense because we already know that almost everyone in the group are dead

We got the hint that there would be "more walking dead" before the second season and are all wildly jumping to conclusions. :p

We have no idea what it would actually contain yet, who it may focus on, or even when it would be set

• @zev_zev said: you sure that there will be an episode between the first and the second season? Oh... I don't like that. Really this makes no sense because we already know that almost everyone in the group are dead

Well that's kind of the point. To allow the gamers a look at the series when things weren't going to shit, and where you could get a little extra time with certain characters, get to learn of their personality, and learn of their stories while being able to have a chance to say goodbye before time rips them away again.

Or something to do with Omid and Christa before meeting Lee and the others.

Or the group at the drugstore before/in-between saving Lee.

The three month intermission between episodes 1 and 2, and the initial meeting of Mark.

The inside story of Crawford.

The story of the Stranger. Maybe his son.

A side-story of Lilly after she leaves, allowing her character to meet up/be set up for next season.

The story of Chuck before finding him on the train.

The story of the cancer-patients.

Or something in that nature. I think that'd be quite interesting.

• @The Fallen said: We got the hint that there would be "more walking dead" before the second season and are all wildly jumping to conclusions. :p

We no idea what it would actually contain yet, who it may focus on, or even when it would be set

We can hope! And yeah, it could even start at the meadows if they wante to. I doubt that, since it is right where season left off, but who knows? :D

• @Mark$man said: We can hope! And yeah, it could even start at the meadows if they wante to. I doubt that, since it is right where season left off, but who knows? :D

It's may be a short story about the people in the far. And THIS will make sense

• Maybe it will be meeting Mark at the Air Force Base.

• maybe they'll do the same as ea/bioware masseffect 3 'dlc'

and just make a movie for free that ties stuff up ?

no gameplay at all.... if it's short update like say 10 mins of cut scenes

if it's like a normal episode 2-3 hours then don't use qte's just have the simple movement on rails stuff with dialogue options and mayeb add some 'remember this' moments too

• @Araron said: Hopefully it will come before Fables.Aye,Telltale shouldn't turn into TWD company,but should honestly,put the entire focus on TWD.TWD was,and will be for a long time,their best game,not some no-name comics like Fables or King's Quest,barely anyone heard off (no offense TTG. :) ). :P

Could not say it any better.My thoughts are the same.

• @Mark$man said: Well that's kind of the point. To allow the gamers a look at the series when things weren't going to shit, and where you could get a little extra time with certain characters, get to learn of their personality, and learn of their stories while being able to have a chance to say goodbye before time rips them away again.

I agree, it'd be a great way to revisit your favorite characters on last time, maybe tell them some things we didn't get to say in the five episodes we got before. Flirt with Carley some more, hang out with Kenny, call Lilly a bitch again. :p

It could be a little like that scene from the end of the second Godfather movie where it flashes back to an earlier time when everyone was still alive and how they related to each other then, before things changed for Michael.

I think I'll just repost what I said about this in another thread.

I'd actually just like to play in the missing months between Episode one and two. After the emotional ride that was the first season I think it'd be very cathartic to temporarily return to, in retrospect, a happier time. Let you interact with all your favorite characters one more time.

Instead of any kind of arcing story the episode could be devoted to shorter little stories of things that happened in between, get a chance to maybe say things you wished you had the chance to say before everyone was dead. Give each character a tiny bit of time in the spotlight, show where Mark came from and finally get to know him a little better.

Despite the time frame it'd actually serve as a nice little epilogue where you get to see everyone one last time. Think of it as some sugar to help the medicine that was the ending of the season go down.

• Can't fuckin' wait!

I really like your idea, Jaded!

Add Comment