User Avatar Image

I hope the Playable Character for Season 2 is...

posted by FreemDeem on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

Kenny. No question about it. Here's why.

I have to believe there's a reason we never actually see him die. Standard fiction trope-reading suggests he'll be back and I really think this would be the best possible option for season 2.

At the beginning of season 1, Lee is on his way to jail. His life is ostensibly over. Kenny, similarly, has lost everything: his wife, his son and then the only companions he had left (whether he got on with them or not). He's in a fantastic position to find a new motivation. I personally believe it should be the same motivation as Lee: Clementine.

Lets say that was Omid and Christa on the hill and Clementine met up with them, a reunion with Kenny would be ripe for drama with differences arising from whether Lee said Omid and Christa should look after Clem or Kenny should.

More potential drama: If Lee killed Duck for Kenny, then later the boy in the attic, then Clementine killed Lee... how the hell does Kenny feel about that?! The little girl in his care nutted up and did what he couldn't, killed a loved one when all hope was lost.

I think it's a win for all players too. We all have some kind of emotional attachment to Kenny: If you liked Kenny you're playing as a character you like, if you didn't like him, you play in a way that turns him into someone worthy of your approval and of Lee's (hopefully) high standard of parenting.

TELLTALE: PLEASE LET ME HAVE THIS VERSION OF THE GAME.

Please, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mark$man said: *sweatdrop* he doesn't have a murder fetish. Name someone other than Larry that he kills.
    And everyone can be a jerk, including your Lee :P

He gets pissy if you don't kill Larry or Ben.

And those two instances seem to negate "all" of the help you give his family.

Hell, not helping him with his first murder (Larry) negates everything you did for Duck.

Tell me that's not fucked up.

• @CarScar said: Oh, excuse me.

"Lee, you have to abandon Beatrice on the street so I can get off to her screams of anguish! You have to back me up on this!"

I think you may be my favorite poster for the day. :guybrush:

• @DreadMagus said: I think you may be my favorite poster for the day. :guybrush:

Well, if personal revenge against Kenny means THAT much to you, how about another additional dialogue option:

"Kenny, you have to blow Duck's brains out so I can laugh my ass off while you cry like a girly man! You have to back me up on this!"

• Sorry, I shot Duck in the face. I didn't think Kenny had the balls to do it, and I liked Duck too much to leave him as a walker.

• @DreadMagus said: I didn't think Kenny had the balls to do it

I think Kenny has a few words to say about that.

Walking-Dead-Kenny.jpg

• @Robert Morgan said: I think Kenny has a few words to say about that.

Kenny: WUT HAV U DONE 4 MY FAMILEE LEE????

Lee: Well, I helped save Duck at Hershal's place, stood up to Larry when he tried to throw him out, made sure he was fed......

Kenny: U DID NOT KILL LAREEE BITCH! YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee:

• @DreadMagus said: Kenny: WUT HAV U DONE 4 MY FAMILEE LEE????

Lee: Well, I helped save Duck at Hershal's place, stood up to Larry when he tried to throw him out, made sure he was fed......

Kenny: U DID NOT KILL LAREEE BITCH! YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee:

Meh, his "with me or against me" attitude was a personality flaw that just made him more human, IMO. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and all that. I only really fault the game for not giving us a dialogue option to call Kenny out on it.

KENNY: You didn't have my back when I needed you, Lee!

LEE: So I guess not helping you kill an old guy disqualifies saving your kid's life twice in a row?

KENNY: I...(frustrated pause, then with a grumble) Fuck you.

Seriously, one moment like that would have made all the difference.

• Man you guys are on a roll today laugh.gif

• @Robert Morgan said:

Seriously, one moment like that would have made all the difference.

I agree, it would have changed things completely, but they didn't make one.

It would have made him seem less of a psychotic maniac..... but they didn't.

It would have made him seem just desperate to survive.... but they didn't.

Instead, he seems like a backstabbing asswipe with a MDK fetish.

One comment would have changed it.

Had they made it.

....but they didn't. ;)

• @DreadMagus said: I liked Duck

Wat.

It's not a common sight when someone admits that not only did they like Duck, but they liked him a lot! I personally didn't dislike him, but he was fairly annoying. Barring that trait, i figure most people would garner a hatred for him because he drove the tractor over Shawn's leg, causing his death.

He may be a believable child, and putting him first in regards to "children and women first" types of things is fine and all, but that doesn't mean you need to like him.

Do tell, what made him charm your socks off? :p

"I'm the foreman. Lift with your back, Shawn!" :cool:

Add Comment