User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @King, if he wanted to die he'd of done it long ago. He was helping Lee find that little girl, but he was also trying to keep the group alive. He probably thinks he should be the one to die over anyone, but I seriously soubt he was trying to die "either I save the boy or I get to see them again..." Christa scene "Just get her out of here! Go! I'll be *sounds of struggle* get off of me!" So you don't know. If you talk to him about the dead couple how it might have been the right thing to do, he'll comment that you don't just give up, that you fight it as long as you are alive. I believe after that it was never suicide. He was trying for justice.

• Oh wow! Someone found proof! And it's already things we've seen before. Great

Honestly, if they bring Kenny back, I'll be severely disappointing in the game. Hell, if they bring him back in season two, then I probably won't play season three. Because at that point it's no longer a gritty realistic game about what would happen in the real world if zombies came in. It's now a game where a man with no way out of an alleyway without getting bitten escapes. I mean, The Walking Dead game is all about a good narrative, and there's no way Kenny could escape, and honestly, no reason for him to do so. All of his family members are dead, he's helping a man he may or may not like, find a little girl. He's done his part, and he's helped christa out of a hole and mercy killed Ben. He's done his part and he's justified what he's done as a sacrifice.

• Wow, so when someone is trapped they are automatically dead? He was surrounded, not eaten! There was a chance to escape. Look up tyresse of comic books, he survives being completely surrounded by walkers and left for dead. He makes it back ALIVE and UNHARMED, so your point that there is no chance is null. He could have killed them all simply with his pistol as a melee. Unlikely? Yes. Possible. Yes indeed.

• @anonymau5 said: Honestly, if they bring Kenny back, I'll be severely disappointing in the game. Hell, if they bring him back in season two, then I probably won't play season three. Because at that point it's no longer a gritty realistic game about what would happen in the real world if zombies came in. It's now a game where a man with no way out of an alleyway without getting bitten escapes.

Like a lot of people, I think you're confusing pessimism with realism. Why do you believe Kenny's escape should completely undermine this otherwise dark and horrible world? As someone else already pointed out, Kenny's chances of survival are slim, but they're not nonexistent. Hell, Lee was able to fight through a street full of walkers in episode 5, and depending on how you control him, he doesn't get chomped once. I should also mention he was already in bad shape, and in an alternate scenario, missing an arm.

As for Kenny's arc being "finished", I don't agree on that point. Neither scene in which he "dies" came across as a genuine farewell to the character. Maybe this is due to Telltale's own decision to leave Ken's fate on an ambiguous note. Or maybe it has more to do with something Kenny said in the bedroom about never having to give up. One cutscene later, and he appears to be doing exactly that, at least in Ben's scenario.

Kenny alive, Kenny dead, Kenny as a walker, Kenny as the PC...either way, I strongly doubt we've seen the last of him.

• @Robert Morgan said: Like a lot of people, I think you're confusing pessimism with realism. Why do you believe Kenny's escape should completely undermine this otherwise dark and horrible world? As someone else already pointed out, Kenny's chances of survival are slim, but they're not nonexistent. Hell, Lee was able to fight through a street full of walkers in episode 5, and depending on how you control him, he doesn't get chomped once. I should also mention he was already in bad shape, and in an alternate scenario, missing an arm.

As for Kenny's arc being "finished", I don't agree on that point. Neither scene in which he "dies" came across as a genuine farewell to the character. Maybe this is due to Telltale's own decision to leave Ken's fate on an ambiguous note. Or maybe it has more to do with something Kenny said in the bedroom about never having to give up. One cutscene later, and he appears to be doing exactly that, at least in Ben's scenario.

Kenny alive, Kenny dead, Kenny as a walker, Kenny as the PC...either way, I strongly doubt we've seen the last of him.

I agree. I think it isn't the end for him. For Kenny, at the very least, I think we'll see him again :P

• Everyone that dies in TWD dies in front of your eyes shawn/doug/carly/mark/ben/kat/duck/chuck/brie. Not kenny though. This and in E5 he states kat took the easy way out and says that isnt right. So he isnt dead.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Everyone that dies in TWD dies in front of your eyes shawn/doug/carly/mark/ben/kat/duck/chuck/brie. Not kenny though. This and in E5 he states kat took the easy way out and says that isnt right. So he isnt dead.

That's not so true; Lee's parents for example, they're pretty clearly dead - but we never see it happen and we don't see bodies (all we have is the line that there was an elderly couple in the office).

More to the point, however, there's also Andy and Danny St. John, if you didn't kill them yourself. I doubt a lot of people expect to see them again, and I think atleast Andy had a lot more in escape options than Kenny did. Hell, by this reasoning we even have to count the pregnant cow as not being dead, since we don't see it get eaten once walkers lumber onto the farm.

• @Rommel49 said: That's not so true; Lee's parents for example, they're pretty clearly dead - but we never see it happen and we don't see bodies (all we have is the line that there was an elderly couple in the office).

More to the point, however, there's also Andy and Danny St. John, if you didn't kill them yourself. I doubt a lot of people expect to see them again, and I think atleast Andy had a lot more in escape options than Kenny did. Hell, by this reasoning we even have to count the pregnant cow as not being dead, since we don't see it get eaten once walkers lumber onto the farm.

Expect none of these people or animals are part of the main cast. You only see them for a time. Every person I named is a main cast member alive for multi episodes except brie/mark.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Expect none of these people or animals are part of the main cast. You only see them for a time. Every person I named is a main cast member alive for multi episodes except brie/mark.

That's shifting the goal posts though. You said "everyone that dies" (emphasis mine) not just the main cast. If you meant just the main cast, why include examples that weren't part of it? ;)

Incidentally, there's also the big one: Lee. We never see his corpse with gunshot to the head or see him reanimate... and the developers confirmed he's dead.

Add Comment