User Avatar Image

Season "extra" discussion, speculation & news

posted by Araron on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

New Up at Noon is up guys with Gary Whitta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsiavaPiZjQ .

Apparently,we will have more info on the SXSW GEEK stage,but we might also get something between Season 1 and 2,to ease (or worsen) our Season 2 wait.DLC maybe?

So whats your though on all of this? :)

115 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jaded X Gamer said: I agree, it'd be a great way to revisit your favorite characters on last time, maybe tell them some things we didn't get to say in the five episodes we got before. Flirt with Carley some more, hang out with Kenny, call Lilly a bitch again. :p

    It could be a little like that scene from the end of the second Godfather movie where it flashes back to an earlier time when everyone was still alive and how they related to each other then, before things changed for Michael.

    I think I'll just repost what I said about this in another thread.

    I'd actually just like to play in the missing months between Episode one and two. After the emotional ride that was the first season I think it'd be very cathartic to temporarily return to, in retrospect, a happier time. Let you interact with all your favorite characters one more time.

    Instead of any kind of arcing story the episode could be devoted to shorter little stories of things that happened in between, get a chance to maybe say things you wished you had the chance to say before everyone was dead. Give each character a tiny bit of time in the spotlight, show where Mark came from and finally get to know him a little better.

    Despite the time frame it'd actually serve as a nice little epilogue where you get to see everyone one last time. Think of it as some sugar to help the medicine that was the ending of the season go down.

    While i'd certainly not turn away any of the other ideas, i cant deny that despite the fact it would be pretty irrelevant plot wise heading into the future and i can understand why others want a loose end tying up episode, this idea would make me the happiest.

  • @The Fallen said: While i'd certainly not turn away any of the other ideas, i cant deny that despite the fact it would be pretty irrelevant plot wise heading into the future and i can understand why others want a loose end tying up episode, this idea would make me the happiest.

    DLCs tend to be irrelevant in the long run anyway; sort of like tie-ins to a big comic book event. Depending on what the story is and who we get to play, I'll give it a look.

  • as someone else said going back in 'game time' could affect our choices in the actuall game, of course that would for some be good to go back and change some of the choices but as most of us know the choices for most characters don't do anything as they either hate you or love you or they die/run away..

    so i say whats the point in flashbacks ?

    you can't go back and flirt with carley in ep1.5 as she doesn't know you/lee yet... and she would think your being creepy or trying to trick her..

    regardless of what ttg do there will be some people who get all but hurt about their choice cos they wanted the other thing...

  • @Milosuperspesh said: as someone else said going back in 'game time' could affect our choices in the actuall game, of course that would for some be good to go back and change some of the choices but as most of us know the choices for most characters don't do anything as they either hate you or love you or they die/run away..

    so i say whats the point in flashbacks ?

    you can't go back and flirt with carley in ep1.5 as she doesn't know you/lee yet... and she would think your being creepy or trying to trick her..

    regardless of what ttg do there will be some people who get all but hurt about their choice cos they wanted the other thing...

    I cant really see which decision would be massively influenced, most of them are reacting to future events, with people you wouldn't have met yet or "morals vs survival" based rather than another "Doug or Carley" type moment that could change completely.

    The only decision i could think of that would possibly change is who i fed, but that whole thing was a little stupid anyway given that Lee would have known who was fed yesterday and day before etc, Maybe i'd be more inclined to try and save Larry if he softens towards you in any 1.5, but that doesn't seem likely.

    As for why? Its a big empty space in the timeline of Lee's post-apocalypse life, Meeting Mark, the indulgence of being able to talk the the characters we miss again. Not a lot of space for major plot points without spoiling the future but it would be fun.

    Its just my preferred option though, i can see why others want something more in the "set up for season two" style, People will be annoyed but at the end of the day getting more TWD is enough to get me excited regardless of if it would be my personal choice, I haven't seen any bad ideas in this thread. (except a Lilly themed one since i hate her :p)

  • @The Fallen said:
    Its just my preferred option though, i can see why others want something more in the "set up for season two" style, People will be annoyed but at the end of the day getting more TWD is enough to get me excited regardless of if it would be my personal choice, I haven't seen any bad ideas in this thread. (except a Lilly themed one since i hate her :p)

    Last sentence = understatement of the year.

  • @The Fallen said: Its just my preferred option though, i can see why others want something more in the "set up for season two" style, People will be annoyed but at the end of the day getting more TWD is enough to get me excited regardless of if it would be my personal choice, I haven't seen any bad ideas in this thread. (except a Lilly themed one since i hate her :p)

    I don't know, I'd probably enjoy the game over screens for that, a lot. :D

    Might be enjoyable in the same way watching all the death scenes from Jurassic Park: The Game is enjoyable, except, you know, it'd be Lilly getting killed, every single time.

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: I don't know, I'd probably enjoy the game over screens for that, a lot. :D

    Might be enjoyable in the same way watching all the death scenes from Jurassic Park: The Game is enjoyable, except, you know, it'd be Lilly getting killed, every single time.

    The whole thing would be a bit short for me, first order of business, wander over to the walkers by the side of the road, die, turn off the game and declare it to be canon :D

    Satisfying doubtlessly, but short.

  • @The Fallen said: The whole thing would be a bit short for me, first order of business, wander over to the walkers by the side of the road, die, turn off the game and declare it to be canon :D

    Satisfying doubtlessly, but short.

    I'd pay for that :P

  • @The Fallen said: The whole thing would be a bit short for me, first order of business, wander over to the walkers by the side of the road, die, turn off the game and declare it to be canon :D

    Satisfying doubtlessly, but short.

    You think too small. I'd probably seek out every way to die like I seek out different dialogue options now. I'd make it like some kind of personal Hell for Lilly to endure. She'd keep coming back to life just to meet another horrible demise moments later. :p

  • 2 friends Have knows when the next season 1 Season 2 When going to be an additional stage of the season who knows please tell me

Add Comment