User Avatar Image

Further dialogue options you wish you had in the game

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Here's a few examples. If you saved Carley instead of Doug:

"I just want to know...why didn't you pick him?"

- Well, I had to make a decision in a stressful kind of environment...
- He told me to hurry up when I was killing my brother. Dick.
- Let's just face it, Carley, you're hot and he wasn't.

If you dropped a salt licker on Larry, but didn't skewer Danny:

"You kill my dad but let this piece of shit live? Fucking asshole!"

- I couldn't murder him in front of Clem!
- Fine. YOU shoot him.
- Well, your dad was a piece of shit too, so...

When confronting the stranger:

"I'd be a better surrogate father than you."

- You've got your wife's head in a bag.
- You've got your wife's head in a bag.
- YOU'VE GOT YOUR WIFE'S HEAD IN A FUCKING BAG.

154 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Actually I've got a serious one. Usually when you tell the Stranger you've hurt someone you care about I get Kenny as an option because he's very easy to offend. :p

But I've noticed on some Let's Play Carley's name comes up, which I never get. Apparently you have to do something remotely hurtful to her for that to happen. Then on one play through Ben's name popped up and I'm like oh yeah, probably hurt him when I let him die in Crawford. :(

So I got to thinking, can you say you hurt Molly? It is possible to leave her behind at Crawford like Ben. And this can happen right after talking to her about her past. So I go through the whole game trying not to hurt Kenny or Ben and I left Carley behind in Macon so she wouldn't be considered an option.

So I get to Crawford, I'm nice to Molly about her sister, show that I care, then I shoot her, because, you know, I figured that was about as hurtful as Lee can get towards her (even if it is an accident). And for good measure, I lie to Clem about it when I get back.

I get to the Stranger, he asks me if I ever hurt anyone, I say Yes, and when he asks me who my options are Clementine, My Wife, and...Lilly. :confused:

Lilly?!?!? That psycho bitch? That doesn't even make sense since I never once did anything that suggested I cared about her on that playthrough. She get's a shout out in the I hurt people question, but not Molly if you leave her behind? What kind of shit is that?

Speaking of Lilly and the Stranger, if you say you've never hurt anyone you've cared about and sided with Kenny in the meat locker, he says "You didn't hurt that girl when you held her back while your friend smashed her father's head in?" To which I wanted to say. "Probably, BUT I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HER. So try again."

• Kenny: You're never on my side!
    Are you fucking kidding me Ken? I'm your FRIEND, not your fucking bitch. I defended your boy against Larry when I didn't even know if he was bitten or not. Just because I'm against killing innocent people does not make me your fucking enemy. We didn't know if Larry was a lost cause or not but dammit, we don't throw salt licks at people. You could've at least given Lilly the chance to say goodbye! I will NOT drop an innocent boy with good intentions just because he's an idiot. Now you won't come with me to find a little girl because you have a GRUDGE against me?? You're fucking immature. I really wish we could've told him off more, don't get me wrong, I love Kenny but god damn he can be a dick.

Kenny: We HAVE to take this food Lee.
    Do you really want to be responsible for ruining these peoples lives? How 'bout we take a couple boxes now and then tomorrow we come back and if it's still here we take the rest.

Stranger: That asshole in the cap and his stupid fucking wife and kid.
    Hey, shut the fuck up. He was my FRIEND. His wife killed herself after their son got bit, and he just sacrificed himself to help someone. Don't you dare insult him because I will not HESITATE to fucking end you.

Stranger: You left a poor, grieving woman in the road!
    She FUCKING SHOT SOMEONE. She was not stable and I could not trust her to be near the kids anymore.

Stranger: I can be a father to her, we can start a family :other creepy shit:
    You sound like a fucking pedophile. You have your wife's HEAD in a bowling bag. I will do ANYTHING to protect her, fuck, I'm sacrificing my life to see her one more time. I'm DYING.

I also wish we could've found out Clem's birthday earlier because it doesn't seem fair to be accused of being a bad guardian because she neglected to tell us her birthday. Also to tell Clem about the bite at the Marsh House.

• @Toitle_John said: Kenny: You're never on my side!
    Are you fucking kidding me Ken? I'm your FRIEND, not your fucking bitch. I defended your boy against Larry when I didn't even know if he was bitten or not. Just because I'm against killing innocent people does not make me your fucking enemy. We didn't know if Larry was a lost cause or not but dammit, we don't throw salt licks at people. You could've at least given Lilly the chance to say goodbye! I will NOT drop an innocent boy with good intentions just because he's an idiot. Now you won't come with me to find a little girl because you have a GRUDGE against me?? You're fucking immature. I really wish we could've told him off more, don't get me wrong, I love Kenny but god damn he can be a dick.

Kenny: We HAVE to take this food Lee.
    Do you really want to be responsible for ruining these peoples lives? How 'bout we take a couple boxes now and then tomorrow we come back and if it's still here we take the rest.

Stranger: That asshole in the cap and his stupid fucking wife and kid.
    Hey, shut the fuck up. He was my FRIEND. His wife killed herself after their son got bit, and he just sacrificed himself to help someone. Don't you dare insult him because I will not HESITATE to fucking end you.

Stranger: You left a poor, grieving woman in the road!
    She FUCKING SHOT SOMEONE. She was not stable and I could not trust her to be near the kids anymore.

Stranger: I can be a father to her, we can start a family :other creepy shit:
    You sound like a fucking pedophile. You have your wife's HEAD in a bowling bag. I will do ANYTHING to protect her, fuck, I'm sacrificing my life to see her one more time. I'm DYING.

I also wish we could've found out Clem's birthday earlier because it doesn't seem fair to be accused of being a bad guardian because she neglected to tell us her birthday. Also to tell Clem about the bite at the Marsh House.

Yeah. I like how you see things. I wouldn't want to 'tell Kenny off'. but I would want to defend myself. In a way that would make Kenny feel bad or maybe realize something.

When the Stranger criticized you bout not knowing how old Clem was, how the fuck did he find out first of all?

I'd like Lee to say "Hey asshole, it's a fucking apocalypse. Being a father is important, but if you can't protect who you care about, being a good father means shit. Your defense is that I didn't know how she was. Her birthday was 6 days ago? Pardon me that at that time our group was going through enough shit! And you kidnap her from me, lying you had her family. And you'd blame me for not knowing that?

• Stranger: You ruined my life. Your actions got my family killed.

- So?
    - Wut?
    - Bummer.
    - LOLWTFn00b?

• @DreadMagus said: Stranger: You ruined my life. Your actions got my family killed.

- So?
    - Wut?
    - Bummer.
    - LOLWTFn00b?

-Ever try restarts?
    -Wow, you must suck at this game.
    -Ha, at least my girl's alive.
    -I did? I didn't lose your son. I didn't leave your car out in the middle of the road with the keys inside. I didn't let your wife and daughter walk off. I didn't get them killed. That was all you. And now you want to get mine killed too? Fuck you. Grow some goddamn balls. You already ruined your own family. Don't ruin someone else's. If you couldn't help them, what really makes you think you could do better with Clem? You can't. She has lasted this long because I've been by her side. And I plan to keep her that way. So let us go.

• Here's another for during the RV scene;

Carley: "FUCK evidence! Stop treating him like this!"
    Lilly: "Shut up, Carley! UGH, I heard enough out of you!"
    Lee: "I was about to say the exact same thing to you, Lilly."
    Lilly: "What?"
    Lee: "You heard me. You don't have anything that proves Ben or Carley had anything to do with what just happened. So, SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH!"

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Actually I've got a serious one. Usually when you tell the Stranger you've hurt someone you care about I get Kenny as an option because he's very easy to offend. :p

But I've noticed on some Let's Play Carley's name comes up, which I never get. Apparently you have to do something remotely hurtful to her for that to happen. Then on one play through Ben's name popped up and I'm like oh yeah, probably hurt him when I let him die in Crawford. :(

So I got to thinking, can you say you hurt Molly? It is possible to leave her behind at Crawford like Ben. And this can happen right after talking to her about her past. So I go through the whole game trying not to hurt Kenny or Ben and I left Carley behind in Macon so she wouldn't be considered an option.

So I get to Crawford, I'm nice to Molly about her sister, show that I care, then I shoot her, because, you know, I figured that was about as hurtful as Lee can get towards her (even if it is an accident). And for good measure, I lie to Clem about it when I get back.

I get to the Stranger, he asks me if I ever hurt anyone, I say Yes, and when he asks me who my options are Clementine, My Wife, and...Lilly. :confused:

Lilly?!?!? That psycho bitch? That doesn't even make sense since I never once did anything that suggested I cared about her on that playthrough. She get's a shout out in the I hurt people question, but not Molly if you leave her behind? What kind of shit is that?

Speaking of Lilly and the Stranger, if you say you've never hurt anyone you've cared about and sided with Kenny in the meat locker, he says "You didn't hurt that girl when you held her back while your friend smashed her father's head in?" To which I wanted to say. "Probably, BUT I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HER. So try again."

For Carley, from what I can see in the Let's Plays, you have to accuse her of stealing the supplies.

• One of the things I want to say to the Stranger is:

"You're a wife beater. You don't deserve to have a family."

• @Mark$man said: Yeah. I like how you see things. I wouldn't want to 'tell Kenny off'. but I would want to defend myself. In a way that would make Kenny feel bad or maybe realize something.

When the Stranger criticized you bout not knowing how old Clem was, how the fuck did he find out first of all?

I'd like Lee to say "Hey asshole, it's a fucking apocalypse. Being a father is important, but if you can't protect who you care about, being a good father means shit. Your defense is that I didn't know how she was. Her birthday was 6 days ago? Pardon me that at that time our group was going through enough shit! And you kidnap her from me, lying you had her family. And you'd blame me for not knowing that?

Yeah, I always just stay on Kenny's side because there's no point in going against him if you can't really call him out on shit until episode 4. That birthday thing was pretty stupid. If TellTale wanted it to tailor to our choices they should've made a choice to actually get to know Clem more.

• @Mark$man said:
    With Stranger:

Him: "You abandoned a grieving, defenseless woman"
    Lee: "She was screaming and was bitten with walkers all over her. I couldn't save her, and we couldn't attract them to us."

When the stranger is talking about that he's actually talking about Lilly not the bitten girl near the store.

Add Comment