User Avatar Image

Playing in the same timeframe, but different perspective

posted by darknessofheart on - last edited - Viewed by 139 users

Okay, Gary Whitta has mentioned that Telltale will most likely release something related to the Walking Dead before season 2 is out. I know we don't have any solid information beyond that and it might be too early to even speculate on it, but I'd figured I would give it a try. My thoughts are that Telltale might release an episode or two that might focus on certain characters from the series during the same exact timeframe of three months and what exactly happened to them during that time period.

It would interesting to have a DLC that focused on Crawford for example when it was a functional society. Perhaps play as a group of Crawford residents that begin to rebel against Oberson, who would be the main villain, and have Molly appear as a cameo appearance (or a playable character). Rough idea, but I think that could be done incredibly well and further peel away layers of the story, perhaps even reveal that Crawford actually murdered Clem's parents during their raids on Savannah or something to that extent.

Another interesting take I think would be playing as the Stranger for an episode and witness firsthand his account and even show what he truly had to do to stay alive. Playing as the main antagonist is something Dead Island did and I thought it was a really interesting concept, even though I really did not like the game in general beyond the story for that particular DLC.

There are so many directions this could take; Clem's parents, Vernon's group (before and after they stole the boat) and many others. Telltale may not be doing something like this, but if they were to do an episode or two that illustrated the events taking place at the same time in the eyes of other characters, it would be a really interesting way to compliment the story told thus far, and even contain some nice foreshadows to get fans ready for the next season.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @KingOfTheDead said: or it could be a lee lives Dlc were he didnt get bitten lol

lol I would love to see that. But then I bet TTG would be super-pressured (as if they aren't already, right?) to have an alive-and-well Lee in S2. I guess they could make Lee being alive Clem's dream or something? :D

• @Desmodus87 said: lol I would love to see that. But then I bet TTG would be super-pressured (as if they aren't already, right?) to have an alive-and-well Lee in S2. I guess they could make Lee being alive Clem's dream or something? :D

No only Lee Lives DLC

We Want it Now

• Oh wow! lol That would definitely be a difficult pill to swallow. I wonder what sort of options we would have with him? Are you suggesting that all other characters died, or he never met them? 'Cause I'm not sure that a Lee who let Clem die would be motivated to do much of anything lol.

• @Desmodus87 said: Oh wow! lol That would definitely be a difficult pill to swallow. I wonder what sort of options we would have with him? Are you suggesting that all other characters died, or he never met them? 'Cause I'm not sure that a Lee who let Clem die would be motivated to do much of anything lol.

If We dont get the DLC

We RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oh no, the rioting has begun already! You're already shouting and threatening! lol

• @Desmodus87 said: Oh wow! lol That would definitely be a difficult pill to swallow. I wonder what sort of options we would have with him? Are you suggesting that all other characters died, or he never met them? 'Cause I'm not sure that a Lee who let Clem die would be motivated to do much of anything lol.

My idea for his survival: Cut off hand. Don't get bitten by other walkers. Don't get yourself handcuffed. Get left for dead.

This would be because if you handcuff him someone or himself would have to cut off his other arm, and if he is weak and fainting of blood loss, cutting the other off would kill him. You obviously have to leave him.

No TWD has ever had an immune character, so you MUST cut the arm off. And after, you can't let him get bitten, or you are dead anyway :P

• @KingOfTheDead said: we have a thinker^

More like an optimistic :P Same person who thinks Kenny is alive out there :)

• @Mark$man said: More like an optimistic :P Same person who thinks Kenny is alive out there :)

he is out there needs to come back i miss his mustache.

• @BlackBoxx said: I'd like to play an epilogue, likely as Clem herself. I am against her being the player character for season 2, but if it's only for a brief time, and there is minimal human character interaction to muddle her personality with the player's, I think it can work.

As good as it was to know that Clem escapes Savannah alive and well, it didn't exactly match up to what I instructed her to do (on any of my playthroughs). How did she get out when the walker cammo wore off? Why didn't she go where I told her? Where were Omid and Christa? What actually happened to Kenny?

It can stop right where it did in episode 5, with Clem in a field at sunrise, deciding what to do about the two figures off in the distance. I just want the final player scene to transition to the epilogue scene a bit more smoothly.

My thoughts excatly

Add Comment