User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 23.9K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is 75% off...

capsule_467x181.jpg

Make sure you get the Complete edition, the DLC is excellent.

Midweek Madness:

spotlight_image_english.png?t=1361900919

• I've been looking for a chance to pick up L.A. Noire.

• L.A. Noire was 75% off during the summer sale as well. I picked up the complete edition then but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Pretty sure it was on sale during the winter sale as well.

• I highly recommend it.

If you're completionist, you can find and collect the extra hidden vehicles and gold film reels, but otherwise there isn't a lot of incentive to. But the side missions and story missions are fun and plentiful, and the story is good. It's noire, but it's good.

I especially liked working the Homicide desk and the "Nicholson Electroplating" arson DLC case.

• @Chyron8472 said: I especially liked working the Homicide desk and the "Nicholson Electroplating" arson DLC case.

Man those DLC cases are easily the most memorable in the whole game. Especially Nicholson is one you will not forget that easy.

• It's not Grand Theft Auto. Sure, the vehicles control similarly to other Rockstar games, but there is only one radio station (which plays 40's music and radio shows); you must be in a police vehicle (marked or unmarked) to get dispatch calls (ie. to do side missions in story mode)...which is why hidden vehicles don't matter much; and if you cause damage or injury while driving around, your score will suffer for it (not that your score matters though, tbh) and your partner will bitch at you a lot.

• Amazon sale. Through the 28th, it's an "End of February" sale. Link is to an ordered list of Steam-redeemable titles in the sale. Use coupon code CAGROCKS on ONE item in the sale to get an additional discount. A major standout here is Civilization V Complete Edition for $11.24. Not included on that list are the Multi-key bundles, some of which redeem on Steam and some of which have SOME items that redeem on steam and some that don't. In the multi-key list, REFER TO THE CHART.

• @Rather Dashing said: Amazon sale. Through the 28th, it's an "End of February" sale. Link is to an ordered list of Steam-redeemable titles in the sale. Use coupon code CAGROCKS on ONE item in the sale to get an additional discount. A major standout here is Civilization V Complete Edition for $11.24. Not included on that list are the Multi-key bundles, some of which redeem on Steam and some of which have SOME items that redeem on steam and some that don't. In the multi-key list, REFER TO THE CHART.

This is a ridiculous sale.

• @Darth Marsden said: Today's Daily Deal is 75% off...

capsule_467x181.jpg

Make sure you get the Complete edition, the DLC is excellent.

Midweek Madness:

spotlight_image_english.png?t=1361900919

I looked up L.A. Noire. Only the brady guide is discounted.

Nevermind I'm stupid.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is up to 65% off...

capsule_467x181.jpg

I forgot the other Midweek Madness, which was:

spotlight_image_english.png

And the Weekend Deals are:

spotlight_image_english.png spotlight_image_english.png

Add Comment