User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    zjs

What would I REALLY like to see, story wise?

- Clementine to have an important role in the game, as a useful member of the group. She could even be its moral compass (or not, depending on what Lee taught her; how he acted around her - now THAT would be making good use of the last season's save, no?). Her character should have aged and matured to the point that she's self-sufficient and more of a teenager than a child.

- The protagonist should be a new character: someone old enough to be in their late teens/early adulthood, so as not to be a natural leadership figure. They have to earn respect and trust. They should be world savvy, with the game taking place a few years into the apocalypse, not a bumbling Ben figure. I'd lean towards a female character, who'd act as a firm friend or older sister with (an able to fend for herself) Clementine.

- It should feature new areas, a new group, and new characters. References to the past could be in Clementine's story and perhaps a few episodic run-ins with surviving characters (i.e. Omid and Christa being there at the beginning and then leaving to find their families or dying etc).

In terms of gameplay:

- Let's have some decisions that really do change things. A few more of the Doug/Carly choices, which are predominately superficial, would still make a big difference in themselves. The sort of choice you made with Ben's life (and the ramifications if you save it) were also very good. The fate of characters is enough to replay a game, even if it's set in two distinctive paths. Big decisions should really affect how things turn out; i.e. not taking food should have softened The Stranger.

I'd also like to see some scenarios where you can choose to cut a character loose (between two choices). Whether or not you try and negotiate, you HAVE to get rid of one of them. Who you cut loose will really affect how the other characters speak to you afterwards, as will the way you do it. Try and negotiate first and you'll annoy any Kenny types, but show leadership skills to all; get rid of one person straight away and their friends in the group will act differently around you.

Overall, if you're going to change anything in the mechanics of the game, do it with choices. Make choices that have two set paths a couple of times in the game, and more than anything: more characters that survive long enough for the dialogue options to make a real difference to your treatment of each other in the story. Kenny was a good example of this.

• It's so weird that when I look at Clementine's pics,I can see her being in real life..But when I think about it,then it's impossible..And it annoys me so much cause Clemy is so cute -.-

• I don`t think Lee will be in the second season because at the final of episode 5 there were 2 posibilities to finish the game.To shoot Lee or not.Well i chose to shot him because I didn`t want him to transform in a zombie...
    But it`s the posibility to have 2 stories...one with Lee zombie or alive...and a story with Lee dead...if there will be a story with Lee alive...I`m going to play the first season again and this time I won`t shot Lee...Oh...I`m going to cry again :D

• @danger77 said: I don`t think Lee will be in the second season because at the final of episode 5 there were 2 posibilities to finish the game.To shoot Lee or not.Well i chose to shot him because I didn`t want him to transform in a zombie...
    But it`s the posibility to have 2 stories...one with Lee zombie or alive...and a story with Lee dead...if there will be a story with Lee alive...I`m going to play the first season again and this time I won`t shot Lee...Oh...I`m going to cry again :D

That's what makes others smile. Making you cry like a baby :P

• @Zeruis said: A little news about season 2: It will seemingly be "less buggy".

http://kotaku.com/5987724/telltale-promises-that-season-2-of-the-walking-dead-will-be-less-buggy

At this point, I think the identity of the PC is the real news we're all waiting to hear.

• If by "less buggy" they mean "the return of Lee Everett" then I'm happy!

• @Robert Morgan said: At this point, I think the identity of the PC is the real news we're all waiting to hear.

It's not like we'll be hearing THAT news anytime soon.

• I'd like to pose this question to everyone: If WALKING DEAD is meant to be more of an interactive TV show than a video game series, who is the main character supposed to be? It obviously isn't Lee; Telltale killed him before the first season was over.

So it has to be Clementine, right? But if it's Clementine, and the entire series revolves around her growing up amidst the zombie apocalypse, where does that leave the player if Clem won't become the PC? As her mentor, apparently.

Will each season be about a different kind of mentor figure who adopts Clem as the series goes on? Lee in the first season, Kenny or Molly in the second season, etc.?

Sure, you could criticize this as becoming repetitious, but not if the PC is radically different from the one that preceded him/her.

• @Robert Morgan said: I'd like to pose this question to everyone: If WALKING DEAD is meant to be more of an interactive TV show than a video game series, who is the main character supposed to be? It obviously isn't Lee; Telltale killed him before the first season was over.

So it has to be Clementine, right? But if it's Clementine, and the entire series revolves around her growing up amidst the zombie apocalypse, where does that leave the player if Clem won't become the PC? As her mentor, apparently.

Will each season be about a different kind of mentor figure who adopts Clem as the series goes on? Lee in the first season, Kenny or Molly in the second season, etc.?

Sure, you could criticize this as becoming repetitious, but not if the PC is radically different from the one that preceded him/her.

I don't there is a main PC or type of PC for the series as a whole. It's just showing the hellish world that various types of survivors must go through, and we see an example of the struggles and personal tragedy that they suffer through the eyes of Lee. In the end he was just one among many who tried to survive.

Add Comment