1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Fantastic game. Very enjoyable. Loved all the references, of which there are many. Great fun gameplay.

• eh... It's okay. It's a humorous GTA1 clone. Yes, that's what they were going for, but it's more of a game that you play for a little bit once in a while rather than one you play for hours, as the gameplay is just okay and the funny references can get tired if you play for too long.

• GOG brings us another two games today. First off is the Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 for $5.99, which initial reactions seem to like much more than the 2006 release. Also, for adventure fans is Richard & Alice for $5.99, which I guess is a point-and-click adventure that's developed by some people from Eurogamer.

Friday Update: Check out the Apogee Action deal this weekend on GOG. 60% off most Apogee titles (besides Balls of Steel and Hocus Pocus, obviously). I dunno, maybe I'll get Terminal Velocity, but it's not Radix, and that's what I've been waiting for.

Also, check out This Week in GOG for the usual recap and clue for next Thursday's release.

• Today's classic Gem Promo is The Incredible Machine. Why yes, this just got a price drop in the "Pricing Experiment", so I wonder what that means for them.

Tuesday Update: After a fairly constant barrage of classic games, looks like GOG is now in an indie games kick. Let's start with Driftmoon, a top-down RPG/Adventure game at the introductory price of $11.99. Also up on the docket today is 99 Levels to Hell, a platformer shooter with randomly generated levels, for the introductory price of $7.99.

Edit: Since I don't want to quintuple post, tomorrow's update will probably be edited into this one, unless someone else posts something.

Wednesday Update: The Indie Gem Promo today is Miasmata for a whopping 60% off. Also, hey, free DLC for Omerta: City of Gangsters. That's gotta count for something, right? Right?

Thursday Update: Step into the over-the-top action, Grand Theft Mexico-fueled, Total Overdose for $5.99. Also, we have King of Fighters... wait, no, not King of Fighters, but the Team 17 fighting game Ultimate Body Blows, also for $5.99.

• Alrighty, some creative post editing and deleting, I've consolidated the weeks updates into more or less one post. So NOW, technically I'm only triple-posting, which is much more acceptable.

What was I doing here? Oh, right, the Weekend Deal. Yeah, it's 50% off stuff by Daedalic. I dunno, I wasn't that impressed by what little of the Deponia demo I played. Frankly, I'd much rather have a Sierra sale so I can grab the rest of the Quest games, but whatever.

Also, as is usual, check out This Week in GOG for a recap and clue to one of next week's game. Your clue is "Number 3". Speculation is that this could be any game that's third in the franchise, or the third release of a game in said franchise. Or System Shock because, you know, it's third on the wishlist and all that.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Oh, good. They have Deponia 2 on sale, which was the one that was missing from the Deponia bundle in their end of the world sale. Now my GOG.com Deponia collection can be complete. :D

Now, I just have to actually play the games. ;)

• @Gibbeynator said: Your clue is "Number 3". Speculation is that this could be any game that's third in the franchise, or the third release of a game in said franchise. Or System Shock because, you know, it's third on the wishlist and all that.

People are also saying it's The Settlers III, which I kinda have to agree with.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Jennifer said: Now my GOG.com Deponia collection can be complete. :D

Now, I just have to actually play the games. ;)

Yes, immediately. They breathe old school adventure.

• @Darth Marsden said: People are also saying it's The Settlers III, which I kinda have to agree with.

Yeah, that's probably what it is. They've been doing that a lot lately, where their clues can be taken multiple different ways, hence why I thought of System Shock. Of course, the only reason it can't be System Shock is because there's no way Night Dive and Star could have come to an agreement regarding that game a mere TWO WEEKS after System Shock 2 launched.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Could y'all vote for Space Hulk (2013) on gog.com?
    Reasons from yours truly right there. :D

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/space_hulk_2013

Add Comment