User Avatar Image

How about someone like Ben as a new Protagonist?

posted by Chanut_N on - last edited - Viewed by 558 users

Ben 2.00 as a new protagonist in Season 2.

The game will force you to decide between the most moronic solutions. Which stupid way would you choose? Something like that.

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Eh... you don't usually help Lilly xD Just throwin that out lol

  • @Mark$man said: Eh... you don't usually help Lilly xD Just throwin that out lol



    I did on my first playthrough actually, might be why I resent her so much now. I didn't call her a bitch in Macon, I fed her in episode two and was actually taking her side on a lot of issues in that episode, specifically telling Kenny splitting up wasn't a good idea and wanting to leave the dairy after the bandit attack (but Larry said no which means Lilly says no). I tried to help her dad in the meat locker, was against stealing from the station wagon, shot the woman outside the pharmacy, told her Lee's secret and even let her back in the R.V. after she murdered Carley (just barely though).

    But stealing the R.V.? Well, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. After all I did for her she ups and ditches everyone. So yeah, Lilly used up all the fucks I had left to give for her on that first playthrough. So I've been making up for it on replays by going out of my way to be an ass to her.

    Oddly enough, my opinion on Ben has pretty much stayed exactly the same every playthrough, dumb kid in a shitty situation stuck with a group of people who mostly hate him. I think I've only dropped him twice in like a dozen playthroughs. Once in my second run where I was making completely opposite decisions and once during a 100% Kenny run. :p

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: I did on my first playthrough actually, might be why I resent her so much now. I didn't call her a bitch in Macon, I fed her in episode two and was actually taking her side on a lot of issues in that episode, specifically telling Kenny splitting up wasn't a good idea and wanting to leave the dairy after the bandit attack (but Larry said no which means Lilly says no). I tried to help her dad in the meat locker, was against stealing from the station wagon, shot the woman outside the pharmacy, told her Lee's secret and even let her back in the R.V. after she murdered Carley (just barely though).

    But stealing the R.V.? Well, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. After all I did for her she ups and ditches everyone. So yeah, Lilly used up all the fucks I had left to give for her on that first playthrough. So I've been making up for it on replays by going out of my way to be an ass to her.

    Oddly enough, my opinion on Ben has pretty much stayed exactly the same every playthrough, dumb kid in a shitty situation stuck with a group of people who mostly hate him. I think I've only dropped him twice in like a dozen playthroughs. Once in my second run where I was making completely opposite decisions and once during a 100% Kenny run. :p



    I actually made basically the same choices my first play through. I always liked Kenny more though. But now I just utmost despise the bitch

  • @anonymau5 said: 2. Clem lied, The Stranger said that he had been talking to her for a while, which is backed up by him knowing her birthday. She continually told the group that the Radio was broken when it wasn't and she was being lied to by The Stranger. Note that it's been said that she talked into it, which originally people thought was her way of coping with her parents but was probably The Stranger. And even if she didn't know that it wasn't broken and that the batteries were dead. Then she could have told the group about it multiple times. The Stranger knew her, he wasn't just using his radio on every station and talking to another person named Clementine.



    The radio is dead and unusable up to the end of episode 2(when Carley/Doug give her batteries) and beyond that point no one ever asks if she is talking to a real person, thus she never technically lied. Sure she could have told people, and was in the wrong on that but since nobody asked there wasn't a lie.

  • @Mornai said: The radio is dead and unusable up to the end of episode 2(when Carley/Doug give her batteries) and beyond that point no one ever asks if she is talking to a real person, thus she never technically lied. Sure she could have told people, and was in the wrong on that but since nobody asked there wasn't a lie.



    Well in that case... the same with Ben?

  • @anonymau5 said: Well in that case... the same with Ben?



    Lee directly asks Ben if he was the culprit at the train and Ben yells that it wasn't him, which was a lie.

  • @Jaded X Gamer said:
    Oddly enough, my opinion on Ben has pretty much stayed exactly the same every playthrough, dumb kid in a shitty situation stuck with a group of people who mostly hate him. I think I've only dropped him twice in like a dozen playthroughs. Once in my second run where I was making completely opposite decisions and once during a 100% Kenny run. :p



    Did the group mostly hate Ben? Lilly & Larry obviously, but the others?

    Lee is obviously more your decision, I was nice to him until i found out what he did.
    Kenny is at worst neutral until he finds out he caused his family to die, Ben mention he felt he was getting close to him just before that.
    Mark defends the decision to bring him into the group,
    Carley does the same and later dies defending him from Lilly,
    Doug will literally take the bullet if you chose him.
    Clem considers him a friend
    Can't really imagine Katjaa or Duck being hostile to anyone.

    I think he isolates himself rather than the other way around (through his own paranoia about being kicked out). Plenty of people in the group would have helped him if he'd come to them.

  • @The Fallen said: Did the group mostly hate Ben? Lilly & Larry obviously, but the others?

    Lee is obviously more your decision, I was nice to him until i found out what he did.
    Kenny is at worst neutral until he finds out he caused his family to die, Ben mention he felt he was getting close to him just before that.
    Mark defends the decision to bring him into the group,
    Carley does the same and later dies defending him from Lilly,
    Doug will literally take the bullet if you chose him.
    Clem considers him a friend
    Can't really imagine Katjaa or Duck being hostile to anyone.

    I think he isolates himself rather than the other way around (through his own paranoia about being kicked out). Plenty of people in the group would have helped him if he'd come to them.



    I think Ben was just trying to suck up to Kenny because of what he did. I'd say Kenny never really thought highly of Ben to begin with, so maybe slightly below neutral. In episode 3, he shows that he thinks Ben is completely incapable of watching the motor inn, and insults him later when Ben suggests to walk around the tanker.

  • @Mornai said: I think Ben was just trying to suck up to Kenny because of what he did. I'd say Kenny never really thought highly of Ben to begin with, so maybe slightly below neutral. In episode 3, he shows that he thinks Ben is completely incapable of watching the motor inn, and insults him later when Ben suggests to walk around the tanker.



    Yeah but this is Kenny we're talking about, considering his relationships with everyone else nuetral is pretty good. :p

    He (rightly) doesn't think much of Ben's ability, but i didn't sense any hostility until his confession.

  • I could picture starting out as fairly incompetent or physically weak, but I'd hate having to play someone making stupid choice after stupid choice.

Add Comment