User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 166.7K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That’s not a pissy pizza, it’s a goddamn chestburster.

• @16_BIT_MARIO1 said: I'm glad we live in a day and age when video gaming has progressed to such a mature, introspective level that we now have games that pose deep philosophical messages for the audience to consider like "killing people is bad unless you feel like it"

You just reminded me that I have a Queensrÿche game around here somewhere that is supposed to be filled with deep thinking philosophical messages, but I never got around to actually installing it. Maybe someday, but for now, I have some taxes to do.

• Why is it that Hollywood made a shit load of westerns in the past but now they’re very rare?

• @Secret Fawful said: My stomach is a gurgling, painful abdomination this morning.

Fixed.

Joking aside, I hope you'll be getting better soon.

• @Noname215 said: Why is it that Hollywood made a shit load of westerns in the past but now they’re very rare?

There not "in" at the moment. Maybe with Django they will hop on the band waggon.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

"Pirates of the Carribbean" wasn't exactly reviving pirate movies.

• The food in the restaurant I was in today wasn't exactly food either.

• @Noname215 said: Why is it that Hollywood made a shit load of westerns in the past but now they’re very rare?

Why is it that Hollywood rarely made Superhero films in the past but now they're ubiquitous?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@GaryCXJk said: Okay, because I'm fairly certain this post will eventually be snowed under by other posts, I'll just share a coupon code for you:

ELDRITCHFAIRYTALESTTG

It's for a free copy of my novel, and it's valid until April the 1st.

Why am I giving it away for free? It's not because I don't like money, it's more because I just want to know people's opinion, and so far, of the 12 people reading my novel, only a few gave some form of opinions and comments and stuff. Also, I like it if people read it.

Sorry, I've been uncharacteristically busy with art and music projects this year. :eek:

I just downloaded the latest update to my iPad, so I'll be sure to make some time to read it and let you know my opinions on it. :)

• @Rather Dashing said: Why is it that Hollywood rarely made Superhero films in the past but now they're ubiquitous?

If you ever say ubiquitous again I'll be dashing you har har har against some rocks.

This discussion has been closed.