User Avatar Image

Further dialogue options you wish you had in the game

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Here's a few examples. If you saved Carley instead of Doug:

"I just want to know...why didn't you pick him?"

- Well, I had to make a decision in a stressful kind of environment...
- He told me to hurry up when I was killing my brother. Dick.
- Let's just face it, Carley, you're hot and he wasn't.

If you dropped a salt licker on Larry, but didn't skewer Danny:

"You kill my dad but let this piece of shit live? Fucking asshole!"

- I couldn't murder him in front of Clem!
- Fine. YOU shoot him.
- Well, your dad was a piece of shit too, so...

When confronting the stranger:

"I'd be a better surrogate father than you."

- You've got your wife's head in a bag.
- You've got your wife's head in a bag.
- YOU'VE GOT YOUR WIFE'S HEAD IN A FUCKING BAG.

154 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Toitle_John said: When the stranger is talking about that he's actually talking about Lilly not the bitten girl near the store.

I've seen more than one person make that mistake. I guess for some it seems crazy to suggest anyone might take issue with abandoning Lilly (other then Ol' Saltlick Larry). I always figured the "She deserved it." choice would tip people off, but then again "grieving defenseless woman" doesn't really paint a picture of Lilly without adding "who murdered your best friend in a paranoid fit of psychotic rage." :p

• @Toitle_John said: When the stranger is talking about that he's actually talking about Lilly not the bitten girl near the store.

Meh, same thing really. Dangerous to the group, attracting walkers by the shot, and was being an asshole. Killed a group member. That good enough?

• @Jaded X Gamer said: I've seen more than one person make that mistake. I guess for some it seems crazy to suggest anyone might take issue with abandoning Lilly (other then Ol' Saltlick Larry). I always figured the "She deserved it." choice would tip people off, but then again "grieving defenseless woman" doesn't really paint a picture of Lilly without adding "who murdered your best friend in a paranoid fit of psychotic rage." :p

Also, she was hardly defenseless, in my opinion anyway. She worked at an air force base, had military training(she was the one who kept everyone on regular training schedules) and had been with us for three months. Thus she would have been somewhat more used to walkers and have a decent understanding of how they work, how to take them down, or how to avoid them.

I didn't perceive leaving her on the road anywhere near the same as killing someone, or being defenseless.

• After saving Ben in Crawford.
    Ben: Why?
    Lee: a) You're a screw-up Ben, but you're OUR screw-up!
    b) Nobody else gets eaten today. (Looking at Kenny). Especially a good friend.
    c) Goddamnit Ben, just run!

• Carly: How did you choose? We both needed you. You picked me.
    Option 1
    Lee: Women and children first.
    Carly: What!?
    Lee: It's why I stood up for Kenny's boy too. Common decency still applies. Even today.
    Carly: You chivalrous prick! I don't NEED your protection Lee!
    Lee: Yeah? Look at what would have happened if I went for Doug instead.
    Option 2
    Lee: You saved me (or Clementine, depending on if you reacted on time with the bathroom zombie) back at the drugstore. I thought I'd return the favor.
    Carly: That's it?
    Lee: No. But it's part of it.

Larry: If anything happens to my daughter or that little girl you've got with you, you watch your ass.
    Lee: You were gonna kill a kid without checking for a bite. Then Doug (or Carly) died because we tripped the alarms getting YOUR meds! You'd be dead if it wasn't for me, and I damned near died because of you. YOU watch your ass Larry! (pauses) It's a shame what happened to that senator. It could happen again.

• @Catedratico said: Larry: If anything happens to my daughter or that little girl you've got with you, you watch your ass.
    Lee: You were gonna kill a kid without checking for a bite. Then Doug (or Carly) died because we tripped the alarms getting YOUR meds! You'd be dead if it wasn't for me, and I damned near died because of you. YOU watch your ass Larry! (pauses) It's a shame what happened to that senator. It could happen again.

Haha, hell yeah! I would have loved to see Lee say this to that old bastard!

• Carley: How did you choose? We both needed you. You picked me.
    Lee: TITS!

• At the Lilly goes Crazy scene...
    'Everyone back In the RV right Now! This is not time for your games Lilly. We are all Alive, We have not died, We may or may not have been betrayed but standing around in the wild with Walkers about just isn't smart, We will talk about this when we are safe.

• @Robert Morgan said: Here's a few examples. If you saved Carley instead of Doug:

"I just want to know...why didn't you pick him?"

- Well, I had to make a decision in a stressful kind of environment...
    - He told me to hurry up when I was killing my brother. Dick.
    - Let's just face it, Carley, you're hot and he wasn't.

Are you serious?

@Robert Morgan said: If you dropped a salt licker on Larry, but didn't skewer Danny:

"You kill my dad but let this piece of shit live? Fucking asshole!"

[I]- I couldn't murder him in front of Clem!
    - Fine. YOU shoot him.

That's really good answers

• Lily: "Oh, and Lee, not giving my dad his rations, that was cold"
    Lee: "Right, because after he punched me in the face, tried to kill me, blackmailed me, and on multiple occasions verbally abused me and my friends, giving him the little amount of food we have seemed so appealing. I made a decision to give food to the children and most important people in the group, not giving myself any food, even though I'm taking care of more people your father could ever do. Also, me and my bro are gonna smash his head in lol"

Add Comment