User Avatar Image

"Banjo Kazooie 3DS port is possible" says Rare

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 800 users

One of my brothers and I were talking about Banjo-kazooie as we were chilling out watching the walking dead. One of his friends who was with it us told us that Rare said that a 3DS port of the original Banjo-kazooie would be sweet. This was two weeks ago. Now, someone tweeted to Rare asking about the bear and bird hitting the 3DS. They responded that its possible.

See for yourself here.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=196961

Your thoughts? I think a 3DS game of Banjo-kazooie could work.

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: How about you sell Banjo-Kazooie off to Retro Studios, Rare, or I shove my fist inside you from behind.

Fixed it for you. If rumors are true, we might have a trailer for a Wii U title with the bird and bear by this year's E3.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Leplaya said: Fixed it for you. If rumors are true, we might have a trailer for a Wii U title with the bird and bear by this year's E3.

Microsoft has allowed Rare to make games for Nintendo's handhelds (they've released games on Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS after Microsoft acquired them in 2002) because Microsoft doesn't believe there's significant overlap between the handheld and console market.

The home console market is a different matter. There's no way Microsoft is going to agree to Rare making a game for a console that directly competes with their own.

• Microsoft really should just dump Rare off with the highest bidder. It's probably the only way Rare would make money for Microsoft.

• @Gibbeynator said: Microsoft really should just dump Rare off with the highest bidder. It's probably the only way Rare would make money for Microsoft.

Er, they have been, though. Viva Pinata, Nuts and Bolts, Kinect Sports, etc. have all been pretty successful, I thought.

• @RingmasterJ5 said: Er, they have been, though. Viva Pinata, Nuts and Bolts, Kinect Sports, etc. have all been pretty successful, I thought.

Most of those properties have been abandonned in favor of cranking out Kinect shovelware.

• @Gibbeynator said: Most of those properties have been abandonned in favor of cranking out Kinect shovelware.

No, Kinect Sports is one of the best selling Kinect games. It's not shovelware. Don't make up facts.

• @Gibbeynator said: Most of those properties have been abandonned in favor of cranking out Kinect shovelware.

Kinect Sports is the only Kinect game that isn't shovelware.

• @Gman5852 said: Kinect Sports is the only Kinect game that isn't shovelware.

Well according to Gamefaqs, their entire 2012 lineup consists of shovelware for Kinect and DLC for Kinect Sports 2 (which isn't even their game anymore, apparently).

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

It's weird hearing a game series that only has two games under it's belt referred to as shovelware. Not everything on the Kinect is shovelware. Rare's Kinect Sports games are quite fun (Kinect Sports: Season Two was co-developed between Rare and BigPark, so it's still a Rare game). Harmonix's Dance Central games are great fun too. :)

Double Fine's Kinect games are a bunch of fun as well. :) I love the Double Fine Happy Action Theater games. And I can't wait until my nephew is old enough to understand games, so I can play Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster with him (Happy Action Theater too... although I already played that with him, he didn't really get what was going on).

Add Comment