User Avatar Image

I hope the Playable Character for Season 2 is...

posted by FreemDeem on - last edited - Viewed by 462 users

Kenny. No question about it. Here's why.

I have to believe there's a reason we never actually see him die. Standard fiction trope-reading suggests he'll be back and I really think this would be the best possible option for season 2.

At the beginning of season 1, Lee is on his way to jail. His life is ostensibly over. Kenny, similarly, has lost everything: his wife, his son and then the only companions he had left (whether he got on with them or not). He's in a fantastic position to find a new motivation. I personally believe it should be the same motivation as Lee: Clementine.

Lets say that was Omid and Christa on the hill and Clementine met up with them, a reunion with Kenny would be ripe for drama with differences arising from whether Lee said Omid and Christa should look after Clem or Kenny should.

More potential drama: If Lee killed Duck for Kenny, then later the boy in the attic, then Clementine killed Lee... how the hell does Kenny feel about that?! The little girl in his care nutted up and did what he couldn't, killed a loved one when all hope was lost.

I think it's a win for all players too. We all have some kind of emotional attachment to Kenny: If you liked Kenny you're playing as a character you like, if you didn't like him, you play in a way that turns him into someone worthy of your approval and of Lee's (hopefully) high standard of parenting.

TELLTALE: PLEASE LET ME HAVE THIS VERSION OF THE GAME.

Please, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Robert Morgan said: Here's something all the Kenny-haters out there should consider: If Kenny's the PC in season 2, you'll get to see over a hundred different ways for him to die horribly. ;)

I don't wanna see that though :/ even if non-canon

• @Mark$man said: I don't wanna see that though :/ even if non-canon

sigh-charlie-brown.jpeg

You just can't please everybody.

• @Mark$man said: I don't wanna see that though :/ even if non-canon

"Don't be dramatic. And don't let them get a hold of you." -Lee

• @Mornai said: "Don't be dramatic. And don't let them get a hold of you." -Lee

I don't know what you're implying man xD. I liked Kenny though. I've said on many different threads that he is one of my favorites. It'd suck seeing him die, pleasing 'those' people -_- lol jk, but seriously, it wouldn't be great.

• @Mark$man said: I don't know what you're implying man xD. I liked Kenny though. I've said on many different threads that he is one of my favorites. It'd suck seeing him die, pleasing 'those' people -_- lol jk, but seriously, it wouldn't be great.

It was saying if you don't want to see those death scenes, then don't let them happen! ;)

As in, you'll only see those deaths if you fail against the walkers, so keep fighting and you won't see 'em. The people who do want to see it can fail on purpose.

• @Mornai said: Wat.

It's not a common sight when someone admits that not only did they like Duck, but they liked him a lot! I personally didn't dislike him, but he was fairly annoying. Barring that trait, i figure most people would garner a hatred for him because he drove the tractor over Shawn's leg, causing his death.

He may be a believable child, and putting him first in regards to "children and women first" types of things is fine and all, but that doesn't mean you need to like him.

Do tell, what made him charm your socks off? :p

"I'm the foreman. Lift with your back, Shawn!" :cool:

I've said it many times, so have others. I don't understand why you find him so annoying, until the raid you hardly share but a few lines with him. And if your actually going to hate him for inadvertantly contributing in Shawn's death, wheres that same reaction towards Clem? Her actions were inadvertantly responsible for the deaths of Lee, Kenny, and Ben. I liked Duck, "he's dumber than a bag of hammers, but he makes up for it with enthusiasm ". RIP Robin.

• @ColtPeacemaker00 said: I've said it many times, so have others. I don't understand why you find him so annoying, until the raid you hardly share but a few lines with him. And if your actually going to hate him for inadvertantly contributing in Shawn's death, wheres that same reaction towards Clem? Her actions were inadvertantly responsible for the deaths of Lee, Kenny, and Ben. I liked Duck, "he's dumber than a bag of hammers, but he makes up for it with enthusiasm ". RIP Robin.

He is only mildly annoying to me personally, it just seemed natural. I've watched a ton of LP's of TWD and one of the most common themes is a dislike for Duck. Maybe he's too enthusiastic for his own good.

Heck, even Lee seemed agitated with Duck every time he spoke with him during the "investigation".

• @Mornai said: He is only mildly annoying to me personally, it just seemed natural. I've watched a ton of LP's of TWD and one of the most common themes is a dislike for Duck. Maybe he's too enthusiastic for his own good.

Heck, even Lee seemed agitated with Duck every time he spoke with him during the "investigation".

I think most dislike Duck because conciously or subconsciously they are comparing him with Clementine, who the writers tried to make the perfect child, and for most of the audience it was a bullseye. But Duck's character is alot more believable because his is a more realistic personification of a normal adolescent child. Most children his age are boistrous, enthusiastic, energetic, nosy, clumsy, noisey, and at certain times these traits are annoying. Lee was agitated with Duck because at that time he had alot on his mind. The investigation into the missing meds, the constant struggle for leadership between Lilly and Kenny, the advice from Carley, but this was not the first time he showed that kind of agitation. In the drugstore during the argument with Larry, Clem broke in saying she had to go to the bathroom, his response was curt and agitated. And is Duck's actions during the investigation that diffacult to understand? He's a child that idolizes Lee, he wants to interact with him, wants to be acknowledged by someone he considers heroic. He wanted to be part of this "adventure" (the investigation) with him, and show him he could help. Duck was a good kid, sometimes even the best kid screws up, no reason to hate them for it.

• @Mornai said: It was saying if you don't want to see those death scenes, then don't let them happen! ;)

As in, you'll only see those deaths if you fail against the walkers, so keep fighting and you won't see 'em. The people who do want to see it can fail on purpose.

True, true. Works for me then :P I thought you mean't... well what happened to Lee :/

• I think it would probably feel odd playing a pre-established character.

Except maybe an older Clem..

Add Comment