User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope not. She is rash and weak minded. Not great idea for PC.

  • @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: I hope not. She is rash and weak minded. Not great idea for PC.

    True, she weally was rash and weak minded at times. But to be fair, she's now out there all by herself in the walking dead universe. So lets give her some more screen time in hopes of her overcoming her weaknesses in a world where weakness will get you killed. I think its an interesting idea that captures the spirit of the Walking Dead: Characters before horror.

  • Interesting fact: Gavin Hammon (Kenny's VA) said in an interview: "There was talk of Lily showing up in Kenny's RV, but that didn't seem to work out." So, she was supposed to appear in ep 4 or 5. I guess she could appear in the extra episode, but not as the PC.

  • @That1Guy said: Interesting fact: Gavin Hammon (Kenny's VA) said in an interview: "There was talk of Lily showing up in Kenny's RV, but that didn't seem to work out." So, she was supposed to appear in ep 4 or 5. I guess she could appear in the extra episode, but not as the PC.

    Could be interesting if she shows up to save Kenny in episode 5, and then it's Kenny and Lily who Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1. I see a great deal of possibilities here.....

  • @Sandt said: True, she weally was rash and weak minded at times. But to be fair, she's now out there all by herself in the walking dead universe. So lets give her some more screen time in hopes of her overcoming her weaknesses in a world where weakness will get you killed. I think its an interesting idea that captures the spirit of the Walking Dead: Characters before horror.


    I disagree look at ben.Worthless from begining to end.

  • @Sandt said: Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

    Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

    The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

    NOOOOOOOOO. N.O. I hated her even more than I do Larry. And no, I can't understand where she came from, because she is a pretty terrible person. She tried to get people killed inside the group, she wanted to leave Ben and whoever else that you brought with you to die out in the world, she will go against you no matter what you did at certain parts. She kills a person in cold blood, and will steal an RV and leave you all in a wreck with no transportation if you foolishly trust her and let her back in the RV. She is equally as responsible for the deaths of Duck and Katjaa, and sole culprit in Carley/Doug's death. She wanted to lead the group, and yet she couldn't do it properly, and constantly put them at risk.

    I really hope she isn't the one on the hill(one of them). Definitely not the main character.

    IMO, I would get her killed on purpose in season 2 if that's the case, because I'd rather have someone like Ben.
    She didn't have a full story? No. Her character was built to be Lilly Caul of the comics, and although she is now an original character of Telltale, she was still mean't to be her, and that would be the type of person she is.

    :spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o: Do NOT read if you do NOT know of her role in the comics!

    She kills Lori and Judith in the comics. Member of Woodbury.


    :spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o: End

  • @Mark$man said: NOOOOOOOOO. N.O. I hated her even more than I do Larry. And no, I can't understand where she came from, because she is a pretty terrible person. She tried to get people killed inside the group, she wanted to leave Ben and whoever else that you brought with you to die out in the world, she will go against you no matter what you did at certain parts. She kills a person in cold blood, and will steal an RV and leave you all in a wreck with no transportation if you foolishly trust her and let her back in the RV. She is equally as responsible for the deaths of Duck and Katjaa, and sole culprit in Carley/Doug's death. She wanted to lead the group, and yet she couldn't do it properly, and constantly put them at risk.

    I really hope she isn't the one on the hill(one of them). Definitely not the main character.

    IMO, I would get her killed on purpose in season 2 if that's the case, because I'd rather have someone like Ben.
    She didn't have a full story? No. Her character was built to be Lilly Caul of the comics, and although she is now an original character of Telltale, she was still mean't to be her, and that would be the type of person she is.

    Eh, I believe in redemption. Besides as she is no longer the Lily from the comics, i see this as a chance to flesh out her character. Plus, i'd love to see how killing Doug/Carley is affecting her on an emotional level.

  • @Sandt said: Eh, I believe in redemption. Besides as she is no longer the Lily from the comics, i see this as a chance to flesh out her character. Plus, i'd love to see how killing Doug/Carley is affecting her on an emotional level.

    I believe in redemption, but only to a certain extent. You can't change how she is. Why did she kill Carley? Because she disliked her? She had no proof she was guilty, just as she had no proof Ben was. You don't kill to kill. Lee got his redemption because he killed out of anger, and possibly self-defense.
    Kenny gets his redemption because he accepts how he was acting and saves Christa/makes a stand with Ben. Lilly never liked Carley, and so she killed her for pure hatred. If it hadn't been Carley, it would have been Ben. If no Ben, Kenny. Then Lee. She would have put the blame on the person she liked the least. She is beyond redemption. Telltale made her such a personality plainly because that is how Lilly of the comics is. Idk, I just despise the woman, just as many do Kenny.

  • I hope not. I mean, I really don't like seeing the "Game Over" screen all that much, but if I'm playing as Lilly... Yeah, the temptation to watch her die over and over and over again would be too great for me to finish the episode or whatever we end up getting.

  • @Sandt said: Eh, I believe in redemption.

    So do I, which is why I let her back in the R.V. She repaid the favor by abandoning six people to die on the side of the road, the exact same fate I prevented from happening to her. As far as I'm concerned, you already can give Lilly her chance at redemption and she just uses it to commit one final act of selfish cowardice.

    Lilly has already used up every fuck I had left to give on her. If don't care if she shows up in season two as a nun who's taking care of a dozen orphans, I'd still choke the life out of her if given the opportunity. Sorry kids, but Sister Lilly had it coming, and, knowing her, she was probably just fattening you up to function as bullet shields if something happened. :p

    Seriously, the woman didn't care about anyone but herself and dear ol' daddy. She has zero empathy from the second you met her, where she's yelling at Carley and Glenn for not letting five people get eaten fifteen feet outside the store. If you have Doug in your group you can ask Lilly about general morale and she comes back with "have an ice cream social!" Literally, she says that in her typically bitchy manner. The closest thing to redemption Lilly could ever achieve at this point is hopefully getting eaten in a manner that serves as a distraction for someone else.

    @Sandt said: I hope not. I mean, I really don't like seeing the "Game Over" screen all that much, but if I'm playing as Lilly... Yeah, the temptation to watch her die over and over and over again would be too great for me to finish the episode or whatever we end up getting.

    I hear that. Like I said in another post, I'd turn that episode into Lilly's own personal hell where I spend all my time trying to find every possible way for her to die. I also might enjoy the dialogue options. I could role play as Lilly and pick every stupid asshole comment that comes my way.

Add Comment