User Avatar Image

Season 2 Story Ideas

posted by k1ngMe on - last edited - Viewed by 315 users

Season 2 should start at the same time Season 1 started. Playing as a different character, and a whole set of different characters in your group, and we could begin at Atlanta. Of course throughout the course of the season, a lot of crazy shit happens, and you ultimately find yourself in Savannah by episode 5, alone. Towards the end of the last episode you find Kenny being surrounded by zombies. It could be in different locations depending on your choices in Season 1. Then you could get a chance to save his ass, which would be a great opportunity for awesome gameplay (for those who think TWD lacks gameplay) Next, you escape Savannah together. The process of escaping Savannah is another great opportunity for kick ass gameplay. You finally escape Savannah and BAM! You and Kenny are the two figures Clem sees at the end of Season 1. And the season ends there.

Just a thought of what Season 2 could be like. Tell me what you guys think.

12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Robert Morgan said: Wow, you didn't attach an image of a snarling guy's face this time! Your manners must be improving. :D

    Yeah. I would elaborate, but I am feeling pretty lazy right now.

    Mainly, Telltale should stick to its strong characters and work on importing season 1 choices into season 2.

    The "parallel" thing might work, were there not such a long wait-time between seasons. A lot of people are going to be disappointed if fan favorites *cough* Clementine *cough* don't play a significant role in season 2.

  • Could start anywhere, even in another country. But yeah, they make it to Savannah, and maybe see Vernon and his group's boat theft fail. (Where are they going to get a vehicle to transport it to the water, and then expect the walkers to let them leave?)
    Whatever is left of the group fight their way through walkers, and eventually have to travel the rooftops. Maybe they see the group and the slow demise (Ben felling and Kenny's stand, and if so, climb into the building nearby and help Kenny escape. Same if Kenny saves Christa.) They(with Kenny) continue to spy on Lee and the others before they seperate, from which you have to keep under control. As Lee leaves your sight your group goes to Christa and Omid and you hear from them what Lee told them.

    You and someone else (most likely Kenny, or maybe more than one) decide to continue on and look after Lee, and tell the others to wait outside of town. As Lee and Clementine walk through the horde and Lee faints, you or someone else (or all)goes down and helps Clem pull Lee inside the store. Someone ends up dying if you don't perfectly outmanuever the walkers, and then you make it back to the roof, distracting the walkers from the store. All but two then go off and distract the walkers below, taking them along, eventually going back to the group.

    You and someone see Clem leave the store alone, and instinctively go inside the store for Lee, and what happens there is depending on the choices you made.

    Both of you travel across Savannah through the horde(with or without Lee who is dead, or alive) and make it to the countryside, reunited with your group. You and the other then decide to go after Clem who came that way(with or without Lee's instructions).

    And that is how season 2 ends, with you and the other choice on the countryside looking for Clem, sighting a figure in the distance.

  • @Riadon said: Yeah. I would elaborate, but I am feeling pretty lazy right now.

    Mainly, Telltale should stick to its strong characters and work on importing season 1 choices into season 2.

    The "parallel" thing might work, were there not such a long wait-time between seasons. A lot of people are going to be disappointed if fan favorites *cough* Clementine *cough* don't play a significant role in season 2.

    True

  • No I would much prefer for season 2 to continue from season 1, i would find it extremely annoying if the end of season 2 was the same time as the end of season 1 and then and only then do you see Clementine, that would be like a mega super cliffhanger built onto what was already a big cliffhanger! :D I really hope telltale don't do that,it would really be annoying. I want to see continuity not starting off at the same point.

  • I guess we're opening up different season 2 threads? There's a sticky.

    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31272

  • @k1ngMe said: Season 2 should start at the same time Season 1 started. Playing as a different character, and a whole set of different characters in your group, and we could begin at Atlanta. Of course throughout the course of the season, a lot of crazy shit happens, and you ultimately find yourself in Savannah by episode 5, alone. Towards the end of the last episode you find Kenny being surrounded by zombies. It could be in different locations depending on your choices in Season 1. Then you could get a chance to save his ass, which would be a great opportunity for awesome gameplay (for those who think TWD lacks gameplay) Next, you escape Savannah together. The process of escaping Savannah is another great opportunity for kick ass gameplay. You finally escape Savannah and BAM! You and Kenny are the two figures Clem sees at the end of Season 1. And the season ends there.

    Just a thought of what Season 2 could be like. Tell me what you guys think.

    I hope not. No offense.

  • I personally feel like if we start from the same time as season 1, it would be like the time we spent building up connections with characters and lee and Clems storyline will be wasted. I think that it should start with Clem or at least in that time frame. I would like to see Clem in season 2 even if she isnt the protagonist as I really like Clem. However starting where season 1 did, would be... I don't know... It would feel like I wasted my time the first time round and I don't want a blank canvas to start painting a whole new story on. I would like to see Clem as protagonist or at least in season 2, and starting where season 1 left off.

    And if season 2 ends with the new group of people in Savannah, what storyline progress have we made? None, as all we have done, is played as some other characters doing what Lee and the group did... So no, I would not like to see that happen.

    I was just gonna write nope but I felt like I should explain why I didn't want it to happen :) So there you go :P

  • I don't want a disconnected season like that. I want to have Clementine in the cast again. Maybe with Omid, Molly, Christa, and Lilly back. Not sure about Kenny he seemed pretty dead to me. But yeah those guys, larger cast this time around. Something that I heard mentioned was the idea that Lilly went back her airforce base, although I think it's overrun.

    If that's the case that could be a good location for the survivors to try and make a home for themselves. I'd like to see them try and defend a place just like we saw with Rick's group and the prison. I want to see progress with the remaining characters.

  • @blanchett said: I don't want a disconnected season like that. I want to have Clementine in the cast again. Maybe with Omid, Molly, Christa, and Lilly back. Not sure about Kenny he seemed pretty dead to me. But yeah those guys, larger cast this time around. Something that I heard mentioned was the idea that Lilly went back her airforce base, although I think it's overrun.

    If that's the case that could be a good location for the survivors to try and make a home for themselves. I'd like to see them try and defend a place just like we saw with Rick's group and the prison. I want to see progress with the remaining characters.

    My ideal narrative for season 2 would be the search for Clementine, with Kenny filling Lee's role as the PC. Think of Kenny as Martin Sheen from APOCALYPSE NOW, with Clem as Colonel Kurtz.

    The game would open with a flashback to the first day of the zombie apocalypse, as told through Kenny's perspective. This would give the player a chance to connect more personally with Kenny as a character before the story jumps back to his final scene in episode 5, when he's fighting off the walkers.

    Kenny could hook up with another ragtag group of survivors before or after discovering Lee's fate at the jewellery store, and goes about trying to track down Clementine outside of Savannah. The other survivors could attempt to dissuade him from this goal as their search turns up nothing, and insist on escaping to another state altogether. All this time, winter is fast approaching, which would give season 2 a distinct look separate from season 1, with landscapes covered by snow and ice.

    (As for players who hated Kenny's character from the first game and believe his personality is "fixed", keep in mind that it would be up to you from episode 6 onwards whether Kenny holds on to his immature temperament, or gradually becomes a more responsible and selfless man as the story unfolds. This would be keeping in line with Lee's arc from season 1, where the player has a choice of gradually shaping Lee into a kind idealist or a ruthless pragmatist.)

  • I'm all for Kenny as PC. I think he was a great guy. (god, I sound like Doug haha)

    In Season 1, Lee was a convicted murderer who redeemed himself by taking care of Clementine. Likewise, Kenny was selfish and irrational at times, meaning that Season 2 can bring his redemption even further than just forgiving Ben.

Add Comment