User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    mz3

I don't think that happen.we need a dispassionate and Pacific person.

• I definately wouldn't mind playing as Lilly. I think she was a great character who basically just snapped from loss and pressure. I think a redemption arc for her would be a good one to see play out.

I really don't understand the hate towards the character for the murder of Carley/Doug. It was the heat of the moment she clearly just snapped. It was understandable. The PC, Lee also murdered someone in the heat in the moment in my opinion under far less extreme circumstances. Just seems very hypocritical to me the reaction towards Lilly. People can say well we saw Lee show remorse, we didn't actually get a chance to see any from Lilly. We also don't know what Lee was exactly like just after murdering the senator.

• I think Lilly left out of self preservation I think she was expecting that they were going to kill her. But aside from that she was an interesting character and worthy of redemption. She snapped after months of sleep deprivation, malnutrition, the "murder of her father" and nearly getting killed herself. It's far more understandable to me than Lee killing the senator. That was a far less extreme set of circumstances. Just seems very hypocritcal the hate towards Lilly when the character you play throughout the game murdered in the heat of the moment.

I want to see the character again.

• After what she did to Carley, the only way I want to see Lilly ever again is if she's getting ripped apart by zombies.

• @blanchett said: I think Lilly left out of self preservation I think she was expecting that they were going to kill her. But aside from that she was an interesting character and worthy of redemption. She snapped after months of sleep deprivation, malnutrition, the "murder of her father" and nearly getting killed herself. It's far more understandable to me than Lee killing the senator. That was a far less extreme set of circumstances. Just seems very hypocritcal the hate towards Lilly when the character you play throughout the game murdered in the heat of the moment..

My thoughts exactly! The most important part of your qoute would easily be "She snapped after months of sleep deprivation, malnutrition, the "murder of her father" and nearly getting killed herself." It's easy to overlook that with everything else that happened in season one. And she most likely expected the group to kill her soon, which is probably why she took the RV and bolted.

Yeah, she killed Carly/Doug, but I doubt she's okay with that afterwards. It's probably haunting her that she did that, if I had to guess.

Again, i see a great deal of potential to flesh out the character a bit. I'm not saying make her into this completely redeemed character who is forever forgiven of that one bad thing she did (Other then killing Carly/Doug, what did she do that was so bad?). I'm saying let her work towards redeeming that one horrible choice of hers. She's was a pretty interesting character, and whether it be with her as a playable character or just a quick cameo apperance, I'd like to see what became of her

• @Cthulhu42 said: After what she did to Carley, the only way I want to see Lilly ever again is if she's getting ripped apart by zombies.

Amen brutha

• @Sandt said:

Yeah, she killed Carly/Doug, but I doubt she's okay with that afterwards. It's probably haunting her that she did that, if I had to guess.

Again, i see a great deal of potential to flesh out the character a bit. I'm not saying make her into this completely redeemed character who is forever forgiven of that one bad thing she did (Other then killing Carly/Doug, what did she do that was so bad?). I'm saying let her work towards redeeming that one horrible choice of hers. She's was a pretty interesting character, and whether it be with her as a playable character or just a quick cameo apperance, I'd like to see what became of her

I think she was instantly haunted by what she did it was all over it face. She couldn't believe she'd actually done it. Then she instantly made rationalizations. Again she snapped. Personally I don't know how she was able to function for as long as she had when her father's head got crushed in and then she had to live with his murderer.

• No.

Wouldn't mind her appearing briefly for a spot of target practice though.

• @Sandt said: My thoughts exactly! The most important part of your qoute would easily be "She snapped after months of sleep deprivation, malnutrition, the "murder of her father" and nearly getting killed herself." It's easy to overlook that with everything else that happened in season one. And she most likely expected the group to kill her soon, which is probably why she took the RV and bolted.

Yeah, forgive her. You know she bitches at you over your past and talks about how she can't trust you or Kenny after 'killing' her dad.
    But that's okay, she's allowed to. Cause she is just a saint. Seriously, fuck her. No offense to the game, but I think she is sleeping just fine with her conscience.

• @The Fallen said: No.

Wouldn't mind her appearing briefly for a spot of target practice though.

YES. I think we are speaking the same language here xD

Add Comment