User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mark$man said: YES. I think we are speaking the same language here xD

Hopefully now she's no longer the same Lilly from the comics she's allowed to die. Leaving her on the road wasn't enough to quench my thirst for vengeance. :p

• @The Fallen said: Hopefully now she's no longer the same Lilly from the comics she's allowed to die. Leaving her on the road wasn't enough to quench my thirst for vengeance. :p

YES. Definitely the same language. I hope my PC is less forgiving and can but a bullet through her head. Or better yet, keep her alive and get her killed later by walkers. And yeah, to just leave her on the road after what she did wasn't favorable. I mean, sure you could help kill Larry, but he was a dick to you, and tried to kill you before. You could call it unheroic justice. Her killing was just cold blooded murder. And she gets away with it. Considering the chance of the PC being a new person, it's a shame you can't use her past against her.

• @Sandt said: Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

Impossible. Because we already know something about her, but we got all chances to see her in S2, I'd like it.

P.S. There is nothing easier than to hate someone, but trying to understanding, and forgiving her - it requires effort...

• @zev_zev said: Impossible. Because we already know something about her, but we got all chances to see her in S2, I'd like it.

P.S. There is nothing easier than to hate someone, but trying to understanding, and forgiving her - it requires effort...

Agreed. I think playing as Lilly would have worse repercussions than playing as Kenny, since Lilly directly murders someone we care for, with no just cause. I would never be able to forgive her, no matter what actions she takes.

For me, there is a line that, once crossed cannot be tread upon again. Lilly stomped on this line and is miles beyond it.

I am very forgiving, and will almost always save a life no matter what they have done, but Lilly's actions were unforgivable, even for me.

• I really find the Lily hate disturbing. We see her losing her mind under extreme trauma. There was nothing planned with her killing Carly. I don't even think it personal she just lashed out and she happened to be holding a gun. Look at the clip it's all over her face she's shocked at what she's done. Why is it acceptable for Lee to murder someone in cold blood under far less extreme circumstances and be redeemable? How is it okay for Kenny to allow a poor girl to be slaughtered by walkers as a diversion, crush an elderly man's skull in and abandon a young woman on the side of a road?

It seems so hypocritical to me to allow the male characters all of these moral lapses but crucify the only female character when she snaps because she kills off the only female character you might have been "virtually" been able to have sex with.

• @blanchett said: I really find the Lily hate disturbing. We see her losing her mind under extreme trauma. There was nothing planned with her killing Carly. I don't even think it personal she just lashed out and she happened to be holding a gun. Look at the clip it's all over her face she's shocked at what she's done. Why is it acceptable for Lee to murder someone in cold blood under far less extreme circumstances and be redeemable? How is it okay for Kenny to allow a poor girl to be slaughtered by walkers as a diversion, crush an elderly man's skull in and abandon a young woman on the side of a road?

It seems so hypocritical to me to allow the male characters all of these moral lapses but crucify the only female character when she snaps because she kills off the only female character you might have been "virtually" been able to have sex with.

Lilly is not shocked at killing Carley, only Doug. She says she did it to protect everyone, and that she could not be trusted, thus showing zero regret for murdering her. Every other situation, while still equally as bad, at least had a somewhat justifiable cause. Lilly's insanity is not an excuse for murder. I can't comment on Lee's situation because we do not know the full details(it could have been an accident).

• @Mornai said: Lilly is not shocked at killing Carley, only Doug. She says she did it to protect everyone, and that she could not be trusted, thus showing zero regret for murdering her. Every other situation, while still equally as bad, at least had a somewhat justifiable cause. Lilly's insanity is not an excuse for murder. I can't comment on Lee's situation because we do not know the full details(it could have been an accident).

I thought it was pretty clear that he walked in saw what happened and beat that guy to death. I will say look at that video again, I did today look at Lilly's reaction after she shoots. It's on her face, particularlythe eyes what she thinks not what she says. Everything she says after the fact is her tryng to rationalize her actions to herself and the then the others because she doesn't want to die. Watch it again. She was ill and deserves pity. Doesn't make her monster. It's not like she killed Carly for fun. She's not the governor. She's an ill woman who just broke after everything she went through.

• @blanchett said: I really find the Lily hate disturbing. We see her losing her mind under extreme trauma. There was nothing planned with her killing Carly. I don't even think it personal she just lashed out and she happened to be holding a gun. Look at the clip it's all over her face she's shocked at what she's done. Why is it acceptable for Lee to murder someone in cold blood under far less extreme circumstances and be redeemable? How is it okay for Kenny to allow a poor girl to be slaughtered by walkers as a diversion, crush an elderly man's skull in and abandon a young woman on the side of a road?

I'd say it was pre-meditated. As a leader you do not cause hysteria to such a degree, and if she was so mental then she shouldn't be fucking carrying a firearm, especially Carley's -_-. And no, it wasn't that it was Carley. I ws pissed off when she killed Doug too, although it wasn't as bad as Carley's. She clearly threatens her, criticizes her, and is constantly a bitch to her and other characters. When they are all in the RV, she puts full blame on Carley who does nothing wrong. She threatens to throw her out as well as Ben. She speaks of how she NEVER TRUSTED HER. She even basically tempts Ben to say he was innocent, putting the fall on Carley. Then when Carley defends herself and actually mouths off to Lilly, she pulls out her own gun, slowly mind you, so it wasn't just spur of the moment(she seemed to think it over really well) and put a bullet in her head while her back was turned. If Doug is with you, she directly fires on Ben and Doug takes the bullet defending him. She would have purely murdered Ben, and for what? What proof did she have? Same with Carley. What proof? She either kills Lee's romantic interest or one of his best friends. Either way she did cold blooded murder. Lee's was spur of the moment, and probably actually was defending himself from the senator. With Larry, a guy who constantly threatens a guy and his son, and also Lee and tries to get them killed, and has a heart attack and could be a threat to the group if he turns, that was self-defense/fear/spur-of-the-moment/panic.

I'd think myself as very forgiving and fairly non-violent, but if someone threatens my safety or my friend's and family's? Especially in the way Lilly did? That is past forgiveness, and the only one she could ask forgiveness to is god(if you believe in him). You just don't kill someone you don't like. Lilly may of had mental problems, but she knew this. She knew she was coming unhinged, but she still directly engaged the bandits that resulted in the death of Duck and by extension Katjaa's and even Kenny's (if he's dead). Maybe even Lee's considering Katjaa's medical expertise could have saved him from the bite. Then she shoots Carley/Doug. She stepped way out of line.

She is also the cause of several deaths in the comics, whom I won't say.
    For the few positives she had, there was much more negatives. Yes, I know she is now an original character and is not Lilly Caul of the comics. However, that is who her character was mean't to be.

So excuse some of us who do not take warmly to Lilly, just as others don't care for Kenny. But I feel she deserved to be left behind(and just in case you did, she steals the RV if you let her back in, leaving her own group to die), and deserved worse IMO. So yeah, sorry if I sound like a dick, but I wouldn't like to play as her in the mid-game. At least not if she makes it. I'll still play it, but I mean, I just don't like her.

• @Mornai said: Lilly is not shocked at killing Carley, only Doug. She says she did it to protect everyone, and that she could not be trusted, thus showing zero regret for murdering her. Every other situation, while still equally as bad, at least had a somewhat justifiable cause. Lilly's insanity is not an excuse for murder. I can't comment on Lee's situation because we do not know the full details(it could have been an accident).

I agree with you mostly. For Lee's position, it was an accident. He admitted to that, that it happened on the spur-of-the-moment. When I think of the fight with the senator, I think of the fight with the stranger, and the look on his face if he kills him. I like how you think though.

I also love how you can talk about sexism and being unfair to women then basically say the only reason anyone would care that Carley died is because they wanted to have "virtual sex", In a paragraph about hypocrisy. :p If it makes you feel better she's also a bitch for killing Doug.

Anyway what is the difference, Well with Kenny, Larry was a goner, even he had been revived, a coronary like that would have knocked him out for months, in a ZA, without a proper doctor, he was a dead man IMO. The girl on the street was also already bitten, so dead, that was about how she died, while leaving Lilly was simply justice. All examples of making a pragmatic choice, whether he's right or not is questionable, but unlike with Lilly i wouldn't call any of them murder

What Lee did was pretty bad, no doubt, he was going to get what he deserved in going to prison, but ultimately i think when the worlds gone to shit like that that the person you truly are stands out, what you are in the dark and all that. Kenny summed it up well when i told him, said something along the lines of "it doesn't matter, its everything this mess has got us doing now". In the end we're always going to care more about crimes where we knew and cared about the victim, unfair, but its human nature.

As for Lilly snapping, well fuck her sorry, Everyone's been through a lot, Its not an excuse. She's also the only one who killed someone who had done exactly nothing to them. What she did was unforgivable and there's no prisons or mental hospitals. The death penalty is the only option for justice available.

Add Comment