User Avatar Image

What if the new "survivor group" in S2 were bandits?

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 609 users

It would definitely be a stark contrast to the more family-orientated band of survivors in season 1. Imagine a gang not unlike the Save-Lot Bandits; a bunch of cutthroats not above resorting to savagery and self preservation. Their behaviour is justified in their own eyes, of course. Remember when Lee asked the bandit in episode 3 why they were holding everyone else at gunpoint? "'Cuz we have to, that's why!"

But imagine if the PC were allowed to exert a redeeming influence on the bandits, or at the very least, shaping them into something a whole lot less bloodthirsty than they were before. Some of the bandits would refuse to change their ways, while others...well, you get the idea. It would put the player into an incredibly suspenseful situation almost throughout the entire game, and this time, you wouldn't be given as many chances to catch your breath as you did in season 1.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sounds cool, I was wondering about how the players choices would effect clem in season two, it would be good if you chose to play as a bad lee instead of a good lee and therefore clem fell into a bandit gang rather than try to help people. Y'know.

• Fascinating and frightening idea. The choice to play according to two extremes (as opposed to Lee's mostly subtler changes in demeanor) would make for a truly varying gameplay experience.

I mean, depending on how you played him, Lee had his questionable moments. But despite this, he was still a good man in the end.

But maybe Season 2 will have a wider gap between right and wrong. Maybe you can try hard to make the bandits redeem themselves, or play the whole game evilly, and without remorse.

• Good idea. As long as the bandits aren't total morons, as they are in season 1.

• Very creative. Sounds fresh and new. Anti hero like the punisher. Only problem i could see is tying it to S1. That being said. I like the idea.

• So long as the PC isn't forced along a bandit path, I think it'd be a good idea.

The PC should have as many options as possible.

• I would worry too about what options we would have. There were hints of rape in S1, and I'd hate to be given the choice between let the little girl live in suffering or put her down. It would really depend on how in-line they kept with the bandits they set up in S1. If we played as a group of 'raiders', where they steal and maybe kill or beat up people, that'd be fine. But I don't want to be a cannibal or a rapist in S2. I wouldn't find that too much fun lol.
    Having said that, I do agree that it would be a nice change in pace, and that the bigger contrasting choices would be very interesting. And seeing "good Lee" vs "bad Lee" effects on Clem when meeting the bandits would be really cool.
    I just really do wonder how dark they would go if you were one of the really bad guys.

• ESTAS ENFERMO, luego están quejándose hay un loco disparando en las calles un atentado terrorista, que mentalidad tienes, por el amor de Dios y eso que no soy creyente, si consideras esa como tu mejor carta como persona dejas mucho de qué hablar, simplemente demuestras el tipo de persona que eres como para llamar a los Federales y que te visiten a tu casa, solo creas un estado mental enfermo a leguas se ve que jamás has estado en combate y para los que opinen, si se puede tomar como asunto de nivel nacional TE PUEDES METER EN PROBLEMAS SI CONTINUAS CON ESTE TEMA Y LOS QUE ESTEN OPINANDO.

You're sick, then complain there are crazy in the streets shooting a terrorist attack, that mentality you have, for the love of God and that I'm not a believer, if you consider this letter as your best as a person leave much to talk about, simply demonstrate the type of person you are as to call the Feds and visit you at your home, just create a mental state leagues looks sick never been in combat and for that think, if you can take as a matter of standard TE national can get into trouble if you continue with this topic and those who are reviewing.

• @amigosolitario said: You're sick, then complain there are crazy in the streets shooting a terrorist attack, that mentality you have, for the love of God and that I'm not a believer, if you consider this letter as your best as a person leave much to talk about, simply demonstrate the type of person you are as to call the Feds and visit you at your home, just create a mental state leagues looks sick never been in combat and for that think, if you can take as a matter of standard TE national can get into trouble if you continue with this topic and those who are reviewing.

lolwut.jpg

• Me disculpo de deje llevar pero lo primero que te enseñan en el ejército es no abandonar a nadie, acabar con el enemigo y salvar vidas, pero insisto que este tipo de temas pueden causar problemas.

I apologize swayed but the first thing they teach you in the military is not leaving anybody, kill the enemy and save lives, but insist that such issues can cause problems. lol wut?, which means?

Add Comment