User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 9.1K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rommel49 said: That's shifting the goal posts though. You said "everyone that dies" (emphasis mine) not just the main cast. If you meant just the main cast, why include examples that weren't part of it? ;)

Incidentally, there's also the big one: Lee. We never see his corpse with gunshot to the head or see him reanimate... and the developers confirmed he's dead.

mark/brie are main cast just not multi episodes. As for lee you didnt see it because theres more to tell even if its just zombie lee. Just like not seeing kennys death. Writes way of saying more things to come. Samething with Lily. She will be back some way or form because you didnt see her fall.

• @Rommel49 said: That's not so true; Lee's parents for example, they're pretty clearly dead - but we never see it happen and we don't see bodies (all we have is the line that there was an elderly couple in the office).

More to the point, however, there's also Andy and Danny St. John, if you didn't kill them yourself. I doubt a lot of people expect to see them again, and I think atleast Andy had a lot more in escape options than Kenny did. Hell, by this reasoning we even have to count the pregnant cow as not being dead, since we don't see it get eaten once walkers lumber onto the farm.

If i meant lees parents/cow/st john i would of mentioned them ya think.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: If i meant lees parents/cow/st john i would of mentioned them ya think.

Not if they disprove your reasoning of "everyone that dies in TWD dies in front of your eyes" as a rationalization for Kenny not being dead. ;)

And I'd love to know how you define "main cast" if Shawn, Mark and Brie somehow qualify, yet the St. John brothers don't. Andy and Danny had more time under the spotlight than Shawn or Brie ever did.

• You keep saying EVERYONE but i listed who everyone was. Not a cow. Not the st johns which are antagonist and they are not gonna be around long. Even still kennys death not being seen is 1 of 2 reasons why i said hes alive. He doesnt believe in suicide. Like i said before. Shawn is 1st person you go with after clem and is brought up 2 more after his death. Mark is part of E2 as much if not more than st johns. Maybe brie could be argued but still is around long enough to believe she might be part of the group aka main cast. Of course you know she doesnt make it but at the time you dont know.

• @Rommel49 said: That's not so true; Lee's parents for example, they're pretty clearly dead - but we never see it happen and we don't see bodies (all we have is the line that there was an elderly couple in the office).

More to the point, however, there's also Andy and Danny St. John, if you didn't kill them yourself. I doubt a lot of people expect to see them again, and I think atleast Andy had a lot more in escape options than Kenny did. Hell, by this reasoning we even have to count the pregnant cow as not being dead, since we don't see it get eaten once walkers lumber onto the farm.

Hmm... following the reasoning that all of the above mentioned are alive, so what? That changes nothing regarding Kenny. I don't know which side you're on in the Kenny-alive-or-dead debate, but that argument further supports him surviving than dying.

Perhaps main cast can be defined as anyone who is an ally. The St. Johns are not on your side and likely wouldn't be from the start. They just want to trade you human meat for gasoline to keep themselves safe, and kill you if you figure it out. Mark is always on your side, and Brie is cautious at first but assists you to her death.

• i vote alive. that way kenny would wind up seeing the visions of lee from time to time like how rick is seeing his wife in the t.v. show. one we would get to see lee again (sort of) and it would be fitting on the part of kenny. the weak will inherit the earth.

• @multicolt said: i vote alive. that way kenny would wind up seeing the visions of lee from time to time like how rick is seeing his wife in the t.v. show. one we would get to see lee again (sort of) and it would be fitting on the part of kenny. the weak will inherit the earth.

Kenny seeing hallucinations of Lee? Wouldn't Clem be a more probable candidate?

• @Robert Morgan said: Kenny seeing hallucinations of Lee? Wouldn't Clem be a more probable candidate?

Why would he? While Kenny does care about Clem, he knew Lee and Omid & and Christa were on their way to save her, and if Lee failed Omid & Christa still have a good chance to rescue her. He knew Lee was guaranteed dead, but Clementine would always have hope in the form of Omid & Christa(since they are still there when Kenny dies). In that case i think it would be more probable for him to reflect on things regarding Lee directly rather than indirectly through Clem, especially since they were never very close.

He could be thinking of how he could have done things differently, helped him get Clem or just been a better friend in general, since he knows Lee is one person he will not see again.

Edit: It seems i may have misinterpreted the statement. You probably meant Clem seeing hallucinations of Lee, in which case i feel terribly dim.

• @Mornai said: He could be thinking of how he could have done things differently, helped him get Clem or just been a better friend in general, since he knows Lee is one person he will not see again.

This is the sort of detail that might help placate fans who disliked Kenny. If the subject of Lee was ever brought up, Kenny could have dialogue along the lines of, "He was a better pal than I deserved," or, if he didn't get along with Lee, "The pair of us were...real shits sometimes."

Or maybe none of the above would even be necessary, if Kenny were to simply stumble across Lee's body in the jewellery store. Whatever takes place in that scene could resolve Lee and Kenny's relationship permanently, and it would never have to be referred to again.

• @Viser said: How woud he get away? The walkers were coming from both sides, one of them grabs Kenny. I'm pretty sure he got completely overwhelmed.

"both sides"

PARKOUR, SEE IT, LEARN IT PLZ

Add Comment