User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The Fallen said: I also love how you can talk about sexism and being unfair to women then basically say the only reason anyone would care that Carley died is because they wanted to have "virtual sex", In a paragraph about hypocrisy. :p If it makes you feel better she's also a bitch for killing Doug.

Anyway what is the difference, Well with Kenny, Larry was a goner, even he had been revived, a coronary like that would have knocked him out for months, in a ZA, without a proper doctor, he was a dead man IMO. The girl on the street was also already bitten, so dead, that was about how she died, while leaving Lilly was simply justice. All examples of making a pragmatic choice, whether he's right or not is questionable, but unlike with Lilly i wouldn't call any of them murder

What Lee did was pretty bad, no doubt, he was going to get what he deserved in going to prison, but ultimately i think when the worlds gone to shit like that that the person you truly are stands out, what you are in the dark and all that. Kenny summed it up well when i told him, said something along the lines of "it doesn't matter, its everything this mess has got us doing now". In the end we're always going to care more about crimes where we knew and cared about the victim, unfair, but its human nature.

As for Lilly snapping, well fuck her sorry, Everyone's been through a lot, Its not an excuse. She's also the only one who killed someone who had done exactly nothing to them. What she did was unforgivable and there's no prisons or mental hospitals. The death penalty is the only option for justice available.

Wow, so brutality, do you want to vengeance for Vernon so much as you want retribution to Lilly? Bacause for me what Vernon did is too much worse then what Lilly did. I'm really ready to forgive Lilly, but Vernon goes too far.

• @Mark$man said: I'd say it was pre-meditated.

Ridulous statement. I'm sorry but what game were you playing. There was nothing pre-mediatated about the killing of Carly at all. She also says I never trusted you when staring directly at Ben not Carly. I did watch her killing Doug which admittedly I hadn't played through but watching that agree it was all over her face that she felt guilty more with killing him than Carly. Doesn't mean she didn't feel guilty killing Carly. Carly just openly fought against her so maybe it was more malicious but it was blatantly obvious that before the apocalypse Lilly wouldn't have went around killing people she disagreed with it, it the was the situation that broke her. Losing her home was the final straw and she went batshit. This was her face after the murder, the exact same for both murders. She staring at the body it's guilt. The world of the Walking Dead destroyed her. That makes her the ideal character to get redeemed in season 2.
    lilly_zpscf04dc51.jpg
    I thought the point of the game was to try and retain your humanity leaving Lilly to die on the side of the road is inhuman. You can of course argue she did that to the survivors but it was clear she thought they were going to be kill her. It was kill or be killed in her mind even if it wasn't the reality. Again she was crazy.

• Leaving Lilly on the side of the road to die is just slightly more inhumane than shooting a friend and trusted comrade in the back of the head while nobody else is looking based on a hunch. There is no justification for what Lilly did. She had no proof, only a gun. Kenny had a reason to bust Larry's face, a reason to leave the girl in Macon to the walkers. While the reasons may be cold, at least he has them, whereas Lilly had none. I helped Kenny in the meat locker, and I felt horrible about what I put her through. I tried to be compassionate and make up for what I'd done. Any sympathy I had for her went out the window when she murdered another member of the group like that.

I don't want to play as Lilly. Or Kenny. Or Christa/Omid. I'd prefer to see something where we play as Lee again, between Episodes 1 and 2. The only way Lilly could get back on my good side (or slightly closer) is if she somehow, miraculously shows up and saves Kenny in Episode 5, afterward escaping the city with him and promising to defend Christa, Omid, their unborn child, and Clementine with her life for the rest of her days.

• @blanchett said: Ridulous statement. I'm sorry but what game were you playing. There was nothing pre-mediatated about the killing of Carly at all. She also says I never trusted you when staring directly at Ben not Carly. I did watch her killing Doug which admittedly I hadn't played through but watching that agree it was all over her face that she felt guilty more with killing him than Carly. Doesn't mean she didn't feel guilty killing Carly. Carly just openly fought against her so maybe it was more malicious but it was blatantly obvious that before the apocalypse Lilly wouldn't have went around killing people she disagreed with it, it the was the situation that broke her. Losing her home was the final straw and she went batshit. This was her face after the murder, the exact same for both murders. She staring at the body it's guilt. The world of the Walking Dead destroyed her. That makes her the ideal character to get redeemed in season 2.
    lilly_zpscf04dc51.jpg
    I thought the point of the game was to try and retain your humanity leaving Lilly to die on the side of the road is inhuman. You can of course argue she did that to the survivors but it was clear she thought they were going to be kill her. It was kill or be killed in her mind even if it wasn't the reality. Again she was crazy.

Okay. When she first meets Lee and co., she backlashed Carley and Glenn for saving them. She also thought such of Ben and whom you saved.

And before the apocalypse? What exactly does that matter now? Lee killed a man before, noone really cares. He wasn't a bad man, and he lives up to it.
    Kenny 'killed' Larry, but it was to save his family and everyone else.

"The Walking Dead destroyed her". Whom hasn't the apocalypse destroyed?
    It allows no excuse.

You say she shows guilt. Does she? Or does she show shock she did it and was upset because she knew what was coming next. Did you see Carley's face? Doug's? Ben's, Kenny's, and especially Lee's? She wasn't feeling guilty, she was scared because of what'd she'd done. It wasn't okay about Lee's past, which she will reveal in everyone's faces no matter how you acted to her. Even if you defended her. She leaves them all to die in the middle of nowhere without a mode of transportation. lol She really feels guilty huh?

And again, as I've said multiple times, if she was indeed crazy which she knew she was losing it, why was she still leading the group? Why was she handling a firearm? When you are in distress, you sit back and get your act together. Yes, it is an apocalypse; I know there will be little time to rest and relax, but it had to be done.

She didn't care about the motel, she only stayed there for safety and the drug store for her father's medicine. She admitted to leaving eventually. The bandit attack simply influenced it.

It was pre-meditated. She never trusted CARLEY, same as Ben. She always seems to have a grudge against her in particular when she makes the moral decisions. And what reason did she have for firing upon a group member? Especially after a group vote would have kept both of them in the group? Obviously there was a traitor, but they had no clue who. She goes after Ben and Carley on no proof and definitely no reason. And Carley deserved to get shot because she defended herself? And even if she was the culprit, or with Ben's case being the culprit, was THAT the moral choice? That would be inhuman. Letting a little boy get his 'head smashed in' was not a moral choice. Leaving five people to the fate of the walkers was not a moral choice. As for it being pre-meditated, it means you must think about the deed before proceeding with it. She doesn't just outright pull the gun out and shoot the person like the bandit did to his friend. She waited for Carley/Ben to turn their back before shooting/attempting to shoot them. You say she didn't mean to, she wanted Carley thrown out. She tried to get Ben to say he wasn't the traitor, and automatically make Carley guilty. Even if he had admitted being guilty, Lilly was still convinced Carley was involved, and still would have found a chance to shoot her.

It's inhuman to leave her? That's true. They should have shot her. A 'death penalty'. To let her simply leave after killing someone wouldn't be fair would it?
    You can't send her to a mental institution, nor can you take her to a prison. You can't just tie her up and drag her with you. But letting her go could cause problems later on. What if she became a danger to the group? What if she became a walker and got another person killed? So leaving her would be considered a service to Lilly. Lee was allowed to have a second chance, but it wasn't with his family nor his wife. Same with Lilly, she must find her own way. Consider me inhumane or bloodthirsty, but I consider it right. There is a certain line for redemption, which she crossed by far.

And saying she wouldn't go around killing people is a ridiculous statement as pertaining to before the apocalypse. She was in the Air Force. You don't know her past, and her future was set to kill even more innocent people. She was linked to the comics(not anymore) and killed a mother and child. Her father was an Army Commander, and undoubtedly killed many people. Lilly carries the same characteristics of her father, moreso his temper.

We have our opinions of characters, well mine of Lilly is she really just nonredeemable.

• @Rock114 said:
    I don't want to play as Lilly. Or Kenny. Or Christa/Omid. I'd prefer to see something where we play as Lee again, between Episodes 1 and 2. The only way Lilly could get back on my good side (or slightly closer) is if she somehow, miraculously shows up and saves Kenny in Episode 5, afterward escaping the city with him and promising to defend Christa, Omid, their unborn child, and Clementine with her life for the rest of her days.

I agree to your statements, and yeah, maybe if she could pull that off, I'd forgive her. Would I like her? No. But I'd put my grudge aside and give her a chance. But if she got Clem or Kenny killed it'd be off a building with her xD
    Even Omid and Christa(and child). She better watch her ass LOL

• @blanchett said: Ridulous statement. I'm sorry but what game were you playing. There was nothing pre-mediatated about the killing of Carly at all. She also says I never trusted you when staring directly at Ben not Carly. I did watch her killing Doug which admittedly I hadn't played through but watching that agree it was all over her face that she felt guilty more with killing him than Carly. Doesn't mean she didn't feel guilty killing Carly. Carly just openly fought against her so maybe it was more malicious but it was blatantly obvious that before the apocalypse Lilly wouldn't have went around killing people she disagreed with it, it the was the situation that broke her. Losing her home was the final straw and she went batshit. This was her face after the murder, the exact same for both murders. She staring at the body it's guilt. The world of the Walking Dead destroyed her. That makes her the ideal character to get redeemed in season 2.
    lilly_zpscf04dc51.jpg

^This. I keep hearing people say Lily was unredeemable, or deserves to die right after her biggest mistake. If Lily deserves to die for killing Carly/Doug, then Lee should have died instantly after killing the senator.

• I don't think that Lilly can't be redeemed, but it'd take a heck of a lot to do it. And she can find her redemption somewhere else. Like Lee redeeming himself through Clem for killing the senator, she can get her forgiveness and redemption in another group. She'd likely be killed if she showed her face anywhere near Kenny, and many Lees, again. Clem saw her do it, so I don't think there's much of a chance of those two becoming good buddies. I wouldn't kill her myself, unless she gave me good reason to, but I sure as hell don't want her in my group anymore.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: I hope not. She is rash and weak minded. Not great idea for PC.

Are you serious? That describes the bulk of gamers world round.......

• @DreadMagus said: Are you serious? That describes the bulk of gamers world round.......

Rational, strong-minded master race here :cool:

• I think leaving lily on the roadside ALIVE is a gift. If she wasnt part of the group lee/kenny probably would of killed her. Doug/Carly didn't get a second chance but she is. Plus lily has lost it. Inhuman to leave her...please. Are you gonna put a homocidal person in a RV with 3 children? Ben/Clem/Duck. If you take her after this she takes the RV. Lets say the train is busted and does not work she just killed the group kids and all. She has no remorse and only cares for larry and herself.

Add Comment