User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The only way to kill my interest in a game is if it's either bad or just not my genre or if it's boring as hell. I look at things for their merits or artistic intent more than often, or if they're funny.

Games like Planescape scare me because I'm afraid of the ramifications of my actions down the line. Same for The Walking Dead. Games like Spec Ops where the game has ramifications without my conscious input is much more comfortable to me. If I have control over where things go, I'm always going to wuss out and go for the best available option, and restart if I screw up. The only game I'm comfortable with asshole choices in is a Fallout game or Alpha Protocol, oddly enough, but that's because it can be so much fun. In Planescape, I want the Nameless One to succeed, so the pressure is massive on me. If I have no control over the character's choices, not only can I relax, but I can concentrate better on the story they're trying to tell me.

But from a designing perspective, I think the people who can put these choices together and make them stick are geniuses.

I get through KOTOR by forcing myself to get through KOTOR. I really don't enjoy KOTOR.

• The nice thing about Planescape, though is that regardless of what you do, you can still win the game. The game gives you a win regardless of how you get to the ending, and since you're immortal, you will eventually win. It rewards you, however, for taking a nonviolent approach by giving you more of the story and that story is pretty damn worth it.

• @Alcoremortis said: The nice thing about Planescape, though is that regardless of what you do, you can still win the game. The game gives you a win regardless of how you get to the ending, and since you're immortal, you will eventually win. It rewards you, however, for taking a nonviolent approach by giving you more of the story and that story is pretty damn worth it.

And there are quite a few endings to it that are real endings but are not the intended end of the game. like:
    Killing yourself with the only thing that can kill you or becoming the next Silent King

• Ended up passing out last night instead of playing anything. Tonight, I got to have a hangout for the first time in a while, so Fawful and I finished off Sonic Heroes. We didn't want to sit through the whole game four times, so I finished with Team Sonic, we watched the other three sets of cutscenes on YouTube, and I played the last story.

• Sonic Heroes is the shittiest Sonic game I have ever seen. Except for the final boss. That was cool. The rest sucks shiz.

• You guys have my sympathies. It's been quite some time since I played Heroes, but I remember it being just awful. I had to cheat and give myself infinite lives just to get through it.

I'm currently playing a bunch of Half-Life mods. AGAIN. Odd how I keep going back to this game...

• I actually never had a problem with the lives. By the end, I was maxed out at 99. Still, I had to cheat to get through it the first time as well. I had to download a completed save and a Wii homebrew program, which for some reason could only transfer saves onto third party memory cards, so I had to buy one cheap from Hong Kong. All because I couldn't beat the later Special Stages and finish getting the Chaos Emeralds to unlock the last story.

I actually had a save file that had all four stories complete, lives maxed out at 99, and 5 Chaos Emeralds (it was two Emeralds for a few years, until I finally managed to beat the third Special Stage), and I had to download a save to finish the game.

• Shocker: I like Unleashed and everything about it. On PS3. From watching on Youtube.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I actually had a save file that had all four stories complete, lives maxed out at 99, and 5 Chaos Emeralds (it was two Emeralds for a few years, until I finally managed to beat the third Special Stage), and I had to download a save to finish the game.

Oh my god, those glitchy as hell Special Stages. SO frustrating.

Actually, now I think about it, it was those Special Stages I had to cheat for. The infinite lives was for Shadow the Hedgehog, which I still never bothered to finish. @GuruGuru214 said: Shocker: I like Unleashed and everything about it. On PS3. From watching on Youtube.Equal shocker: I've finished the Wii version twice and loved it both times.

• I'm playing command & conquer kane's wrath these days... It's awesome!

As for Heroes... It was my first STH game ever, but I remember going crazy with it and wanting to throw my keyboard across the room. Ah, memories...

Add Comment