User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 184.1K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • See, I was half expecting the first image cropping up to be of Sonic having his feet tickled.

• @Alcoremortis said: See, I was half expecting the first image cropping up to be of Sonic having his feet tickled.

Qkm.gifSkm.jpg

• Has this turned into the foot fetish threat?....No contemplates here if any hot guys feet turn up.

• I just keep forgetting how awesome Gitaroo Man is.
    Then I boot it up randomly again and fall in love with it again! <3

Edit: it's been way too long since we've had an awesome music rhythm game with original music.

Edit 2: Born to be bone has to be my favourite level.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@coolsome said: Has this turned into the foot fetish threat?....No contemplates here if any hot guys feet turn up.

...muscular, with a WWF tattoo?

• @Vainamoinen said: ...muscular, with a WWF tattoo?

I'm not into the World Wildlife Fund.

• Well, at least Sonic looks like he's having fun.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

So where the fuck is the major game review that says: "No tomb, no raidin', keep that shit for yourself, SquareEnix"??

Yeah, sorry, really bad mood. Work was exhausting AND I ruined my Dreamfall fan art contest entry yesterday simply by adding too much watercolor. Came out too dark, all details lost, it's just a big dark patch of color now. God DAMN. It would have been finished right now. :(

• Why do people complain that the new Tomb Raider is ripping off Uncharted? It's the same thing about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow where people say it rips off God of War.

The truth is that Tomb Raider in part copies Uncharted which itself in part copies previous Tomb Raider games (meaning Tomb Raider is effectively copying itself); and Castlevania: LoS copies God of War which itself also in part copies previous Castlevania games (meaning it also is effectively copying itself).

The only thing is that Uncharted and God of War are more recently popular, so people who hadn't played previous Castlevania or Tomb Raider games don't realize how ignorant they are.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I hate when people say something rips off something, period. Artists are influenced by things that they have experienced before, whether intentional or simply subconsciously. Even Shakespeare based many of his plays on works that had come before him.

It doesn't make Shakespeare's plays any less enjoyable, and the same goes for any of today's entertainment.

This discussion has been closed.