User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 199.7K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • And the Lion King, man. THE LION KING.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Chyron8472 said: Why do people complain that the new Tomb Raider is ripping off Uncharted?

Thankfully, I've only played a full eight minutes of Uncharted, so I can't really complain about anything. I just wouldn't know. ;)

• I have a compulsion to create something completely insane!

Quick! To the Randamanobile!

Doodleeooodedooladooo!

• @Vainamoinen said: Thankfully, I've only played a full eight minutes of Uncharted, so I can't really complain about anything. I just wouldn't know. ;)

I played an hour long time trial of Uncharted 1, courtesy of PS+. It's pretty good.

And, if anything, comparing Tomb Raider to Uncharted makes me want to buy Tomb Raider more, not bitch and moan about it being similar.

I think it's just that the internet is full of trolls.

• 18 years ago my grandfather died of lung cancer, he wasn't a smoker I was a year old a didn't understand that sort of thing. From what I understand he was an amazing human being. My only memories of him include pictures and videos of him, but my family always has nice stories about him. It's just now hitting me how I never really got to know him. I feel like I'm missing someone to look up to. I'm sure I would have absolutely loved him

Today I learned it is possible to miss someone you don't remember.

• I got bored scribbling like a lunatic, so I decided to free draw Paper Mario on a post-it note.

g41LxKH.jpg

(Terrible at doing proportions though. Somehow I always seem a little unable to judge relative scale. At least when I start)

reference image here:
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/mario/pmario2/art/pmario2002.jpg

EDIT: This one is better. :)

2joK0P6.jpg

(I forgot to shade the arm and leg though. *derp*)

(That being said though. Its been ages since I attempted free handing, (or any kind of art at all!), and I think I've gotten a little better (Like how you don't play a game for ages and come back to it, and magically you're suddenly a bit better and you get past that bit you were stuck on))

• @Remolay said: 18 years ago my grandfather died of lung cancer, he wasn't a smoker I was a year old a didn't understand that sort of thing. From what I understand he was an amazing human being. My only memories of him include pictures and videos of him, but my family always has nice stories about him. It's just now hitting me how I never really got to know him. I feel like I'm missing someone to look up to. I'm sure I would have absolutely loved him

Today I learned it is possible to miss someone you don't remember.

I feel the same way about my grandfather. He died of complications in surgery several months after a car accident. My mom was only 14 at the time. From his eight children, he had 22 grandchildren, and only three of them ever got to meet him. I've heard so many stories, and he sounds like an amazing man, and I wish I could've met him.

• "Shit" may just be the most functional word in the English language. Consider, you can get shitfaced, shit-out-of-luck, or have shit for brains. With a little effort, you can get your shit together, find a place for your shit, or be asked to shit or get off the pot. You can smoke shit, buy shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit, or tell others to eat shit. Some people know their shit, while others can’t tell the difference between shit and shineola. There are lucky shits, dumbshits, and crazy shits. There’s bullshit, horseshit, and chickenshit. You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, shoot the shit, or duck when the shit hits the fan. You can give a shit or serve shit on a shingle. You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit. Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit, and some days are just plain shitty. Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit, and there are times when you feel like shit. Just wanted you to know that I do give a shit, and hope you have a nice day, without a bunch of shit. But if you happen to catch a load of shit from some shithead...

Well, shit happens.

STILL the best freaking poster EVER!

This discussion has been closed.