User Avatar Image

Holy crap. The meat locker scene...

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 642 users

I recently did another playthrough of ep. 2, and I noticed something when Larry had his final heart attack. If you choose to save Larry, click the button as fast as you can before Kenny can drop a salt licker on Larry's head.

Larry takes a breath.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: Welcome to last year. :)

Hey, some of us weren't on this forum last year. Cut me some slack, jack.

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

Hmmm.... was it a breath? Or was it a reanimated groan? I guess we'll never know.

• I said something about that not even a week ago

• @MarkDarin said: Hmmm.... was it a breath? Or was it a reanimated groan? I guess we'll never know.

I know you guys like playing up the mystery, but seeing as Larry only breaths or "reanimates" after chest compressing the hell out of him, I'm inclined to believe it was a breath. I figured it was meant to be ironic, as only the people trying hardest to save Larry would see Larry breathing, right before his head explodes. :p

As long as we're talking about the meat locker scene, did anyone else feel the scene with Kenny and Ben in the alley was a reprise of the meat locker but with Kenny changing how he felt? In the meat locker Kenny doesn't want take a chance on saving someone who was probably going to die, but with Ben he wants to put his life on the line for a longshot.

The weirder thing is depending on your choices, you can potentially one-eighty as well. I tried to save Larry on my first playthrough but when I got to the alley scene I figured Ben was as good as dead as soon as I saw the metal sticking through him. And it's possible that Clem still being in some sicko's hands was weighing heavy on my mind while at the Dairy Kenny was thinking about what was happening to Duck and Kat at the hands of the St. Johns. So now I was the one who just wanted to finish someone off while Kenny refused to accept that was the only way.

I didn't realize the potential for role reversal in those scenes but now it makes me think the alley was made in part to make you feel how Kenny may have felt about Lee in the meat locker if you tried to revive Larry.

• @Jaded X Gamer said:

The weirder thing is depending on your choices, you can potentially one-eighty as well. I tried to save Larry on my first playthrough but when I got to the alley scene I figured Ben was as good as dead as soon as I saw the metal sticking through him. And it's possible that Clem still being in some sicko's hands was weighing heavy on my mind while at the Dairy Kenny was thinking about what was happening to Duck and Kat at the hands of the St. Johns. So now I was the one who just wanted to finish someone off while Kenny refused to accept that was the only way.

I didn't realize the potential for role reversal in those scenes but now it makes me think the alley was made in part to make you feel how Kenny may have felt about Lee in the meat locker if you tried to revive Larry.

Hmmm never thought about it that way, I guess when a living person's life, one that you really really care about is on the line, you tend not to give people the benefit of the doubt, still, if the game gave me the choice whether or not to go down to Ben, I still would have went down, because even though (in my opinion) he was a bigger threat to the group than the walkers, bandits, and the damn sicko on the talkie together, he still was one of us, and I would not be able to risk leaving him down there, if not knowing for sure, that he is/was dead.
    I'm only wondering if Telltale planned this, to have that potential for role reversal, or if it is a coincidence... I think they planned it.

• I actually did not know this; I've never tried to save Larry before.

• @Cthulhu42 said: I actually did not know this; I've never tried to save Larry before.

Really? Did you know his wife's wedding ring is in his left pocket when you search him? :p

• @Jaded X Gamer said: As long as we're talking about the meat locker scene, did anyone else feel the scene with Kenny and Ben in the alley was a reprise of the meat locker but with Kenny changing how he felt? In the meat locker Kenny doesn't want take a chance on saving someone who was probably going to die, but with Ben he wants to put his life on the line for a longshot.

Great thinking. Unfortunately there is very little room for doubt in whether or not Ben can make it out of there alive, whereas Larry had far higher chances. Even if there were no walkers, he'd probably bleed to death if we got him out.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Really? Did you know his wife's wedding ring is in his left pocket when you search him? :p

No, I didn't. That's actually kind of sad.

Add Comment