User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 23.9K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Bear in mind this is only three games - Soul Reaver 1, 2 and Defiance. No Blood Omens for Steam users!

Is there any place where you can buy the first Blood Omen? It's not on GOG either.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Harald B said: Is there any place where you can buy the first Blood Omen? It's not on GOG either.

PSN's probably your cheapest choice - the PS1 version's on there.

If you're after the PC version though, you're pretty much out of luck. eBay'll be your best bet until GOG gets their act together. Be warned though - it's rather dated.

• @der_ketzer said: The rights now too? I know about the devs but even the game rights now? Last week it was still unclear if anybody would care to pick this franchise up.

Nope, the rights to Darksiders still belong to the husk of THQ, along with a laundry list of other stuff they're trying to sell. But as far as I can tell, they're still open, so they could probably still authorize a sale on what little they do still have.

• Thinking about getting RPG Maker for the fun of it, but does anybody know what's different between the full version and the lite version? I downloaded the lite version and it seems pretty full-featured, and I can't get a good sense of what the advantages are that would be worth spending $35 to unlock.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

There's a few database, map, and script restrictions, and the end results can't be published commercially. So if you just wanna fiddle around and get a good feel for it, then the lite version'll do you nicely, but if you want to use it to make actual games you can sell, then you'll need the full version.

Daily Deal is 75% off...

capsule_467x181.jpg

You should already own this by now, but on the off chance you've just woken from a coma, here you go.

Weekend Deals:

spotlight_image_english.jpg spotlight_image_english.png

• @LuigiHann said: Thinking about getting RPG Maker for the fun of it, but does anybody know what's different between the full version and the lite version? I downloaded the lite version and it seems pretty full-featured, and I can't get a good sense of what the advantages are that would be worth spending $35 to unlock.

You can use scripts in the full version, and you can use it for commercial purposes, even with the base graphics and / or addon content.

• This reminds me that I need to re familiarise myself with RPGmaker.
    (I think I have one of the latest versions I bought a few months ago)

• @GaryCXJk said: You can use scripts in the full version, and you can use it for commercial purposes, even with the base graphics and / or addon content.

Light version doesn't let you mess with scripts? :(

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@LuigiHann said: Light version doesn't let you mess with scripts? :(

Has a limit.

Add Comment