User Avatar Image

Holy crap. The meat locker scene...

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 805 users

I recently did another playthrough of ep. 2, and I noticed something when Larry had his final heart attack. If you choose to save Larry, click the button as fast as you can before Kenny can drop a salt licker on Larry's head.

Larry takes a breath.

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MarkDarin said: Hmmm.... was it a breath? Or was it a reanimated groan? I guess we'll never know.

Nice try, but we all know your body rots instantaneously after your death! This is proven by David Parker/Travis's reanimation. Their faces are horribly decayed mere moments after their death, whereas Larry's face was normal. Thus, he was totally alive. :cool:

• @Mornai said: Nice try, but we all know your body rots instantaneously after your death! This is proved by David Parker/Travis's reanimation. Their faces are horribly decayed mere moments after their death, whereas Larry's face was normal. Thus, he was totally alive. :cool:

Finally someone else who noticed that!

I mean really, that's like several months worth of rot in just under a minute of being dead! What the hell?

• I agree, it's freaky. Even the couple in the house who killed themselves. They weren't dead long, but not where they rotten!

• @Mark$man said: I agree, it's freaky. Even the couple in the house who killed themselves. They weren't dead long, but not where they rotten!

Actually I think they killed themselves a while ago and that was just regular decomposition that had set in. Seems like if you shoot yourself in the head or the like it really does stop the process all together. True in Larry's case too since his head was saltlicked his body didn't suddenly looked rotted like the other zombies.

I always kind of figured that was just a stylistic choice to make it clear who was part of the undead.

• Meh, maybe. It still looks freaky as hell. And the kid/teacher turned so f'ing fast. I saw it coming... But dang. He came after katjaa after what? 5 minutes? And he looked like he slept on the wrong side the bed that day lol. Well... That and like someone beat his head in a couple times. Guess Lee wanted to help him in that department xD

• only noticed this same thing on my 7th playthrough last night,Larry was alive,i never understood the rush of Kenny to bash his brains in so fast?

• @Clemmy1 said: only noticed this same thing on my 7th playthrough last night,Larry was alive,i never understood the rush of Kenny to bash his brains in so fast?

His family's life was on the line, he was in no state to make decisions, he didn't want to take any chances... and yeah, so he just did something very stupid. As in many discussions said, he should have taken the salt lick, and prepare to drop it on Larry's head, instead of dropping it right away, but... heat of the moment I guess...

• Larry was boned, which is why I helped Kenny (even though that choice was hell to make. looking back, i'm glad I helped Kenny). I looked at things more like "smart/dumb" than "good/bad". Not saying that people who tried to save Larry are dumb, of course. I just preferred to keep the group out of danger as much as possible. The last thing we needed at that point was a 6'4, 300 lb pissed off dead guy attacking us while the rest of our group had guns pointed at the back of their heads by a group of bloodthirsty cannibals. I do wish he could have lived though. Same with everyone else who died/got left behind.

• I just saw his mouth opened, didn't really think it was a breathe. Couldn't hear a damn thing since Kenny and Lily were so freaking loud. =.=

Add Comment