User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Honestly, before her mental breakdown Lilly was probably one of my favorite members of the group. So I wouldn't mind seeing her again in some fashion, though I really don't expect to play as her.

@Sandt said: Kenny and Lily play pretty well off each other, and that makes them both entertaining and realistic.

Hahah, they play off each other about as well as two rabid dogs sharing a bunk.
    Though the idea of them both surviving only to meet up again in the same place and start traveling together is pretty farfetched on multiple levels, I admit it's an interesting concept. Both did terrible things trying to protect what they had, and both ended up losing everything.

• Lily doesnt really care about anybody except for larry. Kenny really doesnt care about anyone but his family and that boat. Why does everyone think they are gonna lay down there lives for clem? From what we see in S1 Ken/Lily dont bond with clem or care what happens to clem. Only who is following who or what plan. Most of the time they use clem as leverage agaisnt lee to back there plans. Just my thoughts.

• @Sandt said: First off, it's nice to meet a fellow Lily supporter.

This is the thing. I wouldn't classify myself as a Lily supporter. I liked all the characters because I felt they were all realistically written and human. I don't think just not despising her automatically makes me a supporter per se. Fact is she's one of the only characters from season 1 left alive so I want to get more scenes because I got attached to her character along with everyone else.

• had a great bond with her in one of my playthroughs,even Larry at the end seemed to be warming to Lee more when he was trying all the 'im not your enemy' lines in the meat locker,what Broke Lilly was constant stress and pressure of trying to run a group and trying to tidy up after her Dad winding people up,trying to keep harmony.A Kenny/Lee double act would make anyone flip out LOL i wanted to go with her and get Clem in the RV and watch Kennys face in the rear view mirror drop hahaha,hope we see Lilly again she was great.

• @Clemmy1 said: had a great bond with her in one of my playthroughs,even Larry at the end seemed to be warming to Lee more when he was trying all the 'im not your enemy' lines in the meat locker,

Wow, really? What did Larry say?

• Whatever gets released, it is most likely another chance to play as Lee. Lee is the one character that players get to define to a great extent. With Lilly, players have very limited agency. Lilly acts a certain way, because she has a canon personality in the universe now. So it won't really make sense to make Lilly the PC because dialogue choices would really have to be limited to:

1. Pissed off
    2. Pissed off
    3. Pissed off
    4. Scowl silently

Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration. But the point is, TTG can't really deviate too far from Lilly's character, especially if it takes places between episodes 1, 2, 3 (I am betting between 1 and 2). They run the risk of messing up the character otherwise by letting players define her. Perhaps if it took place after episode 3, but still, there are limitations.

Lee would make the most sense because he's basically a blank slate that we've been filling in as players. Asshole Lee? Sure. Diplomatic Lee? Go for it. Mute Lee? Hell yeah!

• @double_u said: So it won't really make sense to make Lilly the PC because dialogue choices would really have to be limited to:

1. Pissed off
    2. Pissed off
    3. Pissed off
    4. Scowl silently

Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Now now, her dialogue choices would probably be more along the lines of.

1. Whine About How Hard Life Is
    2. Mega Bitch Mode Activate!
    3. Invoke Goodwin's Law
    4. Shoot Them... Then Complain About How Hard Life Is

:p

• Jugar como ¡Lilly! está loca, es una psicópata creo que sería el peor personaje de la segunda temporada, honestamente no creo sea de utilidad es una mandona ni siquiera puede tolerar ella misma, si alguien es mordido le volaría los sesos sin siquiera preguntar si está infectado o no, apuesto que hubiera matado a Doug cuando llego a la tienda salpicado de sangre y asesinaría a Clem en el baño cuando fue atacada por el zombie. ¡ESTA ENFERMA MENTAL!

• @aperose said: If telltale really wants to be lazy they could do the months between ep 1 and 2 which I believe they said at one point they started planning to show how Mark was picked up but then scratched it. I personally would not mind seeing what happened to Lilly because I actually liked her. People only irrationally hate her because she killed Carley. I imagine if there were no other adult female they would feel differently. Yes, she killed her OR Doug but I do feel she was in a really bad place and Carley was being very antagonistic.

I really dislike that argument, that hating someone who killed an innocent person over an insult is not justified. I'm sorry but if anything Lilly deserves more hate. At least Kenny killed Larry for a good cause, Lilly killed Carley because she was defending a kid that's nearly pissed his pants from fear.

And don't even say losing Larry justifies what she did. It's a zombie apocalypse, keeping your shit together is necessary. Especially if said person wants to play leader.

Add Comment