User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CarScar said: I really dislike that argument, that hating someone who killed an innocent person over an insult is not justified. I'm sorry but if anything Lilly deserves more hate. At least Kenny killed Larry for a good cause, Lilly killed Carley because she was defending a kid that's nearly pissed his pants from fear.

    And don't even say losing Larry justifies what she did. It's a zombie apocalypse, keeping your shit together is necessary. Especially if said person wants to play leader.



    Agreed. Look at Kenny, not only does he lose wife but his son as well, and they both die right in front of his eyes. On top of that he(may) be forced to kill his own son, yet he kept it together, just barely. I didn't see Lilly having to drop the salt lick on Larry's head.

  • @CarScar said: I really dislike that argument, that hating someone who killed an innocent person over an insult is not justified. I'm sorry but if anything Lilly deserves more hate. At least Kenny killed Larry for a good cause, Lilly killed Carley because she was defending a kid that's nearly pissed his pants from fear.

    And don't even say losing Larry justifies what she did. It's a zombie apocalypse, keeping your shit together is necessary. Especially if said person wants to play leader.



    Exactly. For me murdering another group member, for no reason other than your own spite is the cardinal sin. I also hate the argument that its somehow only a big deal because it was Carley. If its Doug or had it been Ben, Kenny, Kat, Lee, etc my opinion is still the same.

    Her mental state was obviously very poor, but had she really been through worse than everyone else, Lee in particular goes through so much shit and loses so many friends but is thinking clearly in order to help whose's left right until the end. If a similar killing to what Lilly did happened in real life you'd probably get committed to an institution, but that luxury doesn't exist any more when Zombies roll into town. If what Carley did was enough to warrant a murder in her eyes then she's a danger to everyone.

    Others kill the game but never so completely without justification and the only provocation she got from Carley was the the person who had done nothing to her and she was viscously accusing of being a traitor (along with then bullying Ben to try and get him to accuse her as well) with absolutely no evidence called her a bitch. For me that is unforgivable.

    I mean where do people expect the relationship to go from here. I am supposed to happily welcome back, work with, have small talk and ever trust the person who did that? I was fairly neutral and sympathetic before the murder, but that attitude can never return.

    It would be hugely disillusioning if season two or any DLC forces me into buddying up with Lilly. It would take me out of the game completely. If she's determent and you get to make the call (Kill, Send her packing, forgive), i could live with that.

  • @The Fallen said: Exactly. For me murdering another group member, for no reason other than your own spite is the cardinal sin. I also hate the argument that its somehow only a big deal because it was Carley. If its Doug or had it been Ben, Kenny, Kat, Lee, etc my opinion is still the same.

    Her mental state was obviously very poor, but had she really been through worse than everyone else, Lee in particular goes through so much shit and loses so many friends but is thinking clearly in order to help whose's left right until the end. If a similar killing to what Lilly did happened in real life you'd probably get committed to an institution, but that luxury doesn't exist any more when Zombies roll into town. If what Carley did was enough to warrant a murder in her eyes then she's a danger to everyone.

    Others kill the game but never so completely without justification and the only provocation she got from Carley was the the person who had done nothing to her and she was viscously accusing of being a traitor (along with then bullying Ben to try and get him to accuse her as well) with absolutely no evidence called her a bitch. For me that is unforgivable.

    I mean where do people expect the relationship to go from here. I am supposed to happily welcome back, work with, have small talk and ever trust the person who did that? I was fairly neutral and sympathetic before the murder, but that attitude can never return.

    It would be hugely disillusioning if season two or any DLC forces me into buddying up with Lilly. It would take me out of the game completely. If she's determent and you get to make the call (Kill, Send her packing, forgive), i could live with that.



    I agree completely. At least some people understand why I hate her guts and can't trust/forgive her. I've only mentioned trying to forgive Lilly if I have no other choice. If she stays I can't just be a dick to her can I? Oh... Wait(evil music) I CAN!!!!!!!

    Seriously if we get that choice I'm either killing her or leaving her. If I leave her again at least I know she isn't coming back.

  • @aerial-ballet said: Wow, really? What did Larry say?

    Its when you are in the meat locker trying to calm him down,i got a couple of conversations in with him before his heart attack,i can't quite remember,i think he was silent when Lee said this but seemed to sigh at the very end like he was finally coming round.

  • @Mornai said: Agreed. Look at Kenny, not only does he lose wife but his son as well, and they both die right in front of his eyes. On top of that he(may) be forced to kill his own son, yet he kept it together, just barely. I didn't see Lilly having to drop the salt lick on Larry's head.


    Mhm, it's such a disgusting argument.

    "Lilly shouldn't be hated! I mean, all she did was kill someone."

    God those people simply do not understand the value of a human life.

  • @CarScar said: Mhm, it's such a disgusting argument.

    "Lilly shouldn't be hated! I mean, all she did was kill someone."

    God those people simply do not understand the value of a human life.



    Well, plenty of people defend Kenny after killing Larry, and then potentially leaving Lee for dead despite what he could have done for his family prior.

    I don't condone what Lilly did, she had obviously lost it at that point, and I don't think that Larry's death justified it, it just helps explain her deteriorating mental state.

  • @Mornai said: Agreed. Look at Kenny, not only does he lose wife but his son as well, and they both die right in front of his eyes. On top of that he(may) be forced to kill his own son, yet he kept it together, just barely. I didn't see Lilly having to drop the salt lick on Larry's head.


    The only reason that Kenny didn't kill Ben is because Lee stopped him. I think part of the reason Kenny and Lilly clashed is because they were so similar. None of the characters in the Walking Dead that we dealt with were entirely irredeemable. It's part of the reason why it was such a good story.

    Out of curiousity if Kenny had killed Ben would people advocate him been kicked out of the group?

  • @blanchett said: The only reason that Kenny didn't kill Ben is because Lee stopped him. I think part of the reason Kenny and Lilly clashed is because they were so similar. None of the characters in the Walking Dead that we dealt with were entirely irredeemable. It's part of the reason why it was such a good story.

    Out of curiousity if Kenny had killed Ben would people advocate him been kicked out of the group?



    I would. If killing is just something people start jumping to in order to solve their problems, then I have a huge problem. But if it's only done out of necessity, then I can forgive. It's still something that needs to be carefully analyzed. Lilly didn't think it through. Kenny thought it over when he killed Larry. While I still think Kenny was too hasty, he did have justification. If he killed Ben in Crawford, then I would have lost all respect for the man.

  • @Mikejames said: Well, plenty of people defend Kenny after killing Larry, and then potentially leaving Lee for dead despite what he could have done for his family prior.

    I don't condone what Lilly did, she had obviously lost it at that point, and I don't think that Larry's death justified it, it just helps explain her deteriorating mental state.



    Hugely different situations.

    Kenny wasn't setting out to kill Larry, he was making sure he couldn't come back as a walker, believing he couldn't be saved and was going to kill everyone. Whether you think that's the right or the wrong call, Its not a murder.

    One of Kenny or Lilly will leave you for dead regardless of your call in the meat-locker, i think both of them feel you left them when they needed you so they'll do the same. Its difficult to judge and set up while It is really very bad i would still class in a lower tier than actually having that extra level of venom to coldly pull the trigger yourself.

    Lilly also noticeably has a much less redeemable motive, killing someone who did nothing to her.

  • @blanchett said: The only reason that Kenny didn't kill Ben is because Lee stopped him. I think part of the reason Kenny and Lilly clashed is because they were so similar. None of the characters in the Walking Dead that we dealt with were entirely irredeemable. It's part of the reason why it was such a good story.

    Out of curiousity if Kenny had killed Ben would people advocate him been kicked out of the group?



    Of course i would, but even in that scenario he still had far better justification than Lilly. I'm sure a very large number of people in this day and age would readily kill someone who played a large part in getting their family killed. That doesn't make it right, but it's understandable. In contrast i doubt very many relate with Lilly, killing someone solely because they stood up to you.

Add Comment