User Avatar Image

Is anyone afraid...

posted by Mark$man on - last edited - Viewed by 250 users

that the game will become too much like the show? Dan Conners spoke of tying them closer together in the future, and my question is what is your opinion? I wouldn't be too thrilled, for although I like the show, the game was praised so highly was because the story was a TWD story because of the setting and the adding of comic characters, but also because it was an original story that impacted gamers on a new level. I certainly wasn't expecting this game to turn out like this. I expected more of a shooter/horror game, and while their is some there, it is more of the drama aspect, which I have grown to love from TWD, and Telltale has captured immensely, moreso than the show I'd say.

I also liked it because it focused more toward the comics, not the tv series. I prefer the comics, and I think it shows better for the game. Again, my opinion. So I ask you, fans of TWD game, for your opinion!

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @aerial-ballet said: If they keep the tie-ins limited to one or two interesting cameos that don't really affect either narrative, like Hershel and Glenn, then I'm fine with it.

    Yeah, I'm definitely okay with stuff like that. I definitely wouldn't want a "all roads lead to Woodbury/Alexandria/Hilltop/etc." deal. There's so much more space to explore for TTG.

  • I'm in the camp of keeping it a standalone story. The game was my first introduction to the franchise, so I appreciated not missing anything outside of recognizing a cameo.

  • The game wasn't 'a standalone story'. It was tied in with the comics. "Canon", if you will. You don't have to know the comics to have a game tied to it. I basically just mean't involve/mention comic characters and the like

  • I'm fine either way. But wasn't it originally based on the comics? Why the sudden interest of tv show?

  • @Zeruis said: I'm fine either way. But wasn't it originally based on the comics? Why the sudden interest of tv show?

    @Zeruis said: Dan Conners spoke of tying them closer together in the future, and my question is what is your opinion?

    It was in a recent interview i believe, but unfortunately i don't recall which one.

  • @Mark$man said: The game wasn't 'a standalone story'. It was tied in with the comics. "Canon", if you will. You don't have to know the comics to have a game tied to it. I basically just mean't involve/mention comic characters and the like

    Within the same canon, but still an original story.
    I don't feel that it's particularly necessary for specific characters of other Walking Dead media to impact Telltale's version beyond a few references or cameos.

  • The game has developed such a unique heartbeat of its own, I really don't want to see it boxed in by including any events or characters from the comic/TV show. I'm more invested in Clementine's corner of the WD universe more than I ever was with Rick's, probably because I'm actually allowed to shape it.

  • @Robert Morgan said: The game has developed such a unique heartbeat of its own, I really don't want to see it boxed in by including any events or characters from the comic/TV show.

    Boxed in is a good choice of words. Keep it Original. Keeps everyone guessing.

  • @aerial-ballet said: If they keep the tie-ins limited to one or two interesting cameos that don't really affect either narrative, like Hershel and Glenn, then I'm fine with it.

    Im cool with this if it doesnt effect to much. Like maybe running into them while your gettin supplies/ammo/food. Or even better so it doesnt really effect either story. A dead member from the comic as a zombie or laying dead somwhere. Cameo with no threat to story.

  • I'd rather the story in Season 2 keep ties to the TV Shows and Comics to a minimum. Season 1 stood on its own without relying too much on cameos and whatnot, and Season 2 should do the same.

Add Comment