User Avatar Image

Play as Lily in the upcoming interquel?

posted by Sandt on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Telltale stated that they would release something to help tide us over until season 2 is released. If that something is a game, then I think Lily should be the main character.

Like her or hate her, Lily was a pretty interesting character with both assets and flaws to her personality, which make her complex, which make her easy to relate to. Even if you hated her actions, we all can understand where she was coming from when she did it. it would be a true shame for Telltale to let this character fall to the wayside when her story is practically begging to be told.

The interquel could began where Lily's story ended in season 1. This could lead to her being one of the two characters Clementine see's in the distance at the end of season 1.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @blanchett said: The only reason that Kenny didn't kill Ben is because Lee stopped him. I think part of the reason Kenny and Lilly clashed is because they were so similar. None of the characters in the Walking Dead that we dealt with were entirely irredeemable. It's part of the reason why it was such a good story.

Out of curiousity if Kenny had killed Ben would people advocate him been kicked out of the group?

I really hated Ben as well. :p

While you can also compare what the victim has done to earn their deaths.

Carley: Called Lilly a bitch after being repeatedly accused with no evidence
    Ben (By Lilly, if you chose Doug): Taking supplies (accused with no evidence but correct)
    Ben (By Kenny): Causing the death of his wife and son, Stolen supplies (confirmed and admitted), General fuck up.

The last one is a much better reason to be very very angry. I would still be very pissed if he had shot him though. I wouldn't want to take revenge of leave him to die as such like i do with Lilly, Its more understandable but like others have said that wouldn't make it right and certainly we couldn't be friends anymore if that was his approach. I would have looked to separate with Clem at the first opportunity.

Perhaps a little hypocritical since i dropped Ben but i suspect if he'd been begging me for help instead on telling me to drop him, more of a "if you want to kill yourself, fine" than putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger.

• @blanchett said: The only reason that Kenny didn't kill Ben is because Lee stopped him. I think part of the reason Kenny and Lilly clashed is because they were so similar. None of the characters in the Walking Dead that we dealt with were entirely irredeemable. It's part of the reason why it was such a good story.

Out of curiousity if Kenny had killed Ben would people advocate him been kicked out of the group?

Yes, I would have. I'd feel bad for doing it, but then he wouldn't be trustworthy anymore. I didn't "like" Ben, but I didn't hate him. I understood Kenny's anger, and I was one of those who said "I agree Kenny, you should kick his ass, but now is not the time! We have to get the fuck out of here!" with Clem and all listening lol. But I never dropped him. Killing people for their mistakes is wrong until it is with justifiable means. If Ben had purposely killed Katjaa and Duck, purposely been lying about what he did just to cause an uproar, then I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. However, that wasn't the case, Ben wasn't a bad kid, he was just worthless(as good as that sounds xD). Kenny doing that to Ben wouldn't be as bad as Lilly killing Carley/Doug, but I think worse than Lee's crimes, which were heat-of-the-moment, maybe even defending himself really. So yeah, I'd leave him. Otherwise he'd have to be executed, and I wouldn't want to have to do that to an Ex-friend.

• @The Fallen said:
    Kenny wasn't setting out to kill Larry, he was making sure he couldn't come back as a walker, believing he couldn't be saved and was going to kill everyone. Whether you think that's the right or the wrong call, Its not a murder.

One of Kenny or Lilly will leave you for dead regardless of your call in the meat-locker, i think both of them feel you left them when they needed you so they'll do the same.

Lilly also noticeably has a much less redeemable motive, killing someone who did nothing to her.

Thinking that you have a proper reason to kill someone doesn't automatically mean that it isn't murder... I may believe that I have a justifiable reason to kill your only family, but that doesn't mean that you'll agree.

Choosing not to save someone when it's within your power is still potentially killing them. Lilly doesn't save Lee if he kills her dad, while Kenny leaves Lee twice because he tried to give Larry a chance.
    In the end Lilly believed she was aiming for the traitor. It was irrational and unjustified, but I don't see Kenny as much more defendable. Neither of them is inherently bad, but they both did terrible things in terrible situations. Either trying to help their family or the group.

• @Mornai said: Of course i would, but even in that scenario he still had far better justification than Lilly. I'm sure a very large number of people in this day and age would readily kill someone who played a large part in getting their family killed. That doesn't make it right, but it's understandable. In contrast i doubt very many relate with Lilly, killing someone solely because they stood up to you.

That's not what happened. She shot Doug accidently and Carly because she was being irrational and thought Carly was a collaborator with their enemy and nearly got them the group killed. I felt really sorry for Ben at the end of the day he was just a stupid kid. Part of me wonders though if he didn't start trading with the bandits would they have rushed Lee's group and killed them all. It's one of those things we'll never be sure of. Lee's group only really had him, Lilly, Carly and Kenny as "warriors" the bandits with the element of suprise of their side could have wiped them out with ease.

• @Mikejames said: Thinking that you have a proper reason to kill someone doesn't automatically mean that it isn't murder... I may believe that I have a justifiable reason to kill your only family, but that doesn't mean that you'll agree.

Choosing not to save someone when it's within your power is still potentially killing them. Lilly doesn't save Lee if he kills her dad, while Kenny leaves Lee twice because he tried to give Larry a chance.
    In the end Lilly believed she was aiming for the traitor. It was irrational and unjustified, but I don't see Kenny as much more defendable. Neither of them is inherently bad, but they both did terrible things in terrible situations. Either trying to help their family or the group.

I'm not trying to defend what Kenny does. He has some seriously bad moments in the game. Its his major character flaw that he thinks of every disagreement as treason. It isn't much more defendable you're right, but that little bit stops him from crossing the irredeemably line in my mind.

Imagine if instead of just not saving Lee, he walked over and stabbed him. The effect may be the same but the mindset it requires is different.

In short, not trying to defend Kenny, merely saying that in my eyes what Lilly does to Carley/Doug (especially given the incredibly weak reasoning) is even worse.

• @blanchett said: That's not what happened. She shot Doug accidently and Carly because she was being irrational and thought Carly was a collaborator with their enemy and nearly got them the group killed. I felt really sorry for Ben at the end of the day he was just a stupid kid. Part of me wonders though if he didn't start trading with the bandits would they have rushed Lee's group and killed them all. It's one of those things we'll never be sure of. Lee's group only really had him, Lilly, Carly and Kenny as "warriors" the bandits with the element of suprise of their side could have wiped them out with ease.

Yeah she believed Carley was the collaborator, but ask yourself why? The only reason i remember giving was that "this is about trust and i have never trusted you". She jumps the conclusion that it was Carley purely because of a long running (one-way) resentment. Linking back to Carley disobeying her orders to let Lee,Kenny,Kat,Duck and Clem die in episode 1. Look at Lilly's scowl when she called Kenny boss.

She stands up to her again in episode 2, before finally in episode 3 at which point Lilly says "i have had enough of you" and kills her.

And Doug may have been an accident but she still meant to hit Ben! In that version of events i am more inclined to believe she was trying to help the group in a twisted way, since with Carley dead she's able to try and spot the traitor without being blinded by hate. (although judging by her reaction to Ben in episode 2 it may not even be any different. Have yet to really assess the Doug version of events in any detail)

• @blanchett said: That's not what happened. She shot Doug accidently and Carly because she was being irrational and thought Carly was a collaborator with their enemy and nearly got them the group killed. I felt really sorry for Ben at the end of the day he was just a stupid kid. Part of me wonders though if he didn't start trading with the bandits would they have rushed Lee's group and killed them all. It's one of those things we'll never be sure of. Lee's group only really had him, Lilly, Carly and Kenny as "warriors" the bandits with the element of suprise of their side could have wiped them out with ease.

That doesn't refute Mornai's point.

If Kenny killed Ben, he would at least have a justification based on known facts: Ben's action caused a massive chain of reactions resulting in death after death. Ben admits this. There's no if and but's about guilt, just whether Kenny would be justified in killing that POS Ben.

When it came to Lilly, all she knew was supplies were stolen but there was NO CONCRETE evidence as to the guilty party. She chose to shoot someone anyway.

And what it came to Carley, Lilly was being malicious plain and simple. Lilly was by then convinced, even without evidence, that Ben was guilty during the conversation outside the RV. Moments before Carley snapped at her, Lilly told Lee "What more proof do you need?" when Ben basically broke down in a panic. The Doug scene further confirms that Lilly was convinced Ben was the traitor. So, Lilly only pulled the trigger because someone who she already disliked since episode 1 had the spine to stand up to her. IMHO, it had nothing to do with the supplies, and Lilly simply used that as an excuse to try and convince Lee to not kick her out.

Back to my original point, Mornai is right that at least Kenny would have justification whereas Lilly had zero.

• @The Fallen said: I'm not trying to defend what Kenny does. He has some seriously bad moments in the game. Its his major character flaw that he thinks of every disagreement as treason. It isn't much more defendable you're right, but that little bit stops him from crossing the irredeemably line in my mind.

Imagine if instead of just not saving Lee, he walked over and stabbed him. The effect may be the same but the mindset it requires is different.

In short, not trying to defend Kenny, merely saying that in my eyes what Lilly does to Carley/Doug (especially given the incredibly weak reasoning) is even worse.

I may have felt more along those lines if he had stopped at killing Larry. I thought that was terrible, but him proceeding to abandon Lee and potentially Clem after all that he had tried to do for his family could really further a negative perception of him. It wasn't pragmatism at that point, he was a fair-weather friend.

Knowing that he didn't kill me himself wouldn't grant me much comfort while I was being torn apart.

Fair enough. Though part of me does blame Kenny and Ben for her mental breakdown, the group wasn't just going to move on from shooting each other on the side of the road like that.

• @double_u said: And what it came to Carley, Lilly was being malicious plain and simple. Lilly was by then convinced, even without evidence, that Ben was guilty during the conversation outside the RV. Moments before Carley snapped at her, Lilly told Lee "What more proof do you need?" when Ben basically broke down in a panic. The Doug scene further confirms that Lilly was convinced Ben was the traitor. So, Lilly only pulled the trigger because someone who she already disliked since episode 1 had the spine to stand up to her. IMHO, it had nothing to do with the supplies, and Lilly simply used that as an excuse to try and convince Lee to not kick her out.

It seems even more likely that she didn't care about the supplies by this little line of hers: "You can tell me it was Carley, and everything will be right as rain." Does this mean she was willing to forgive Ben even if she suspected him if he agreed to accuse Carley? It seems like she didn't really care who was the true culprit, as long as someone took the blame, and whoever did that would receive the bullet.

• @double_u said: That doesn't refute Mornai's point.

If Kenny killed Ben, he would at least have a justification based on known facts: Ben's action caused a massive chain of reactions resulting in death after death. Ben admits this. There's no if and but's about guilt, just whether Kenny would be justified in killing that POS Ben.

When it came to Lilly, all she knew was supplies were stolen but there was NO CONCRETE evidence as to the guilty party. She chose to shoot someone anyway.

And what it came to Carley, Lilly was being malicious plain and simple. Lilly was by then convinced, even without evidence, that Ben was guilty during the conversation outside the RV. Moments before Carley snapped at her, Lilly told Lee "What more proof do you need?" when Ben basically broke down in a panic. The Doug scene further confirms that Lilly was convinced Ben was the traitor. So, Lilly only pulled the trigger because someone who she already disliked since episode 1 had the spine to stand up to her. IMHO, it had nothing to do with the supplies, and Lilly simply used that as an excuse to try and convince Lee to not kick her out.

Back to my original point, Mornai is right that at least Kenny would have justification whereas Lilly had zero.

Because Mornai's point to me is not valid unless Lilly was operating with her full faculties. She was not. She was losing her mind and the expectation that she should have been more rational doesn't hold up me to at all. Maybe she didn't like Carley but shooting her, planning it out because she hated her. That's just bullshit. Lilly at the point was just not capable of being that calculated if she ever was. She was shocked at what she did. Some people might not think she felt guilt, I don't believe that but fair enough if you it but shock was all over her face after she shot. There was nothing planned.

Ben was clearly guilty. It was all over his face. In his mannerisms. Either way neither Kenny or Lilly had justification to kill him. He was a child who made a mistake. He wasn't responsible for happened to Katjaa, Duck, or Carley. Even Kenny realized that by the end of the game. Maybe Lilly could have had that kind of a realization had she stuck around. To me Lilly and Kenny were practically the same person.

Add Comment