User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 6.9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CarScar said: I keep trying to reply to people but whenever I click "preview post" all my work just disappears. Twice this has happened now.

So fuck it.

This is why I always hit "Copy" for my whole post before submitting a post, there's like one to four odds you'll get a blank screen. Hope you didn't take anything I said too seriously, Lilly rants just tend to pour out of me on occasion. :p

• @Jaded X Gamer said: This is why I always hit "Copy" for my whole post before submitting a post, there's like one to four odds you'll get a blank screen. Hope you didn't take anything I said too seriously, Lilly rants just tend to pour out of me on occasion. :p

I really should have copied it... All that work gone! Essentially the whole point of my post boiled down to "Lilly is an asshole, Kenny is an asshole. They're both assholes, even if Kenny is slightly less so. Also, I miss Carley. :("

Trust me, The Walking Dead has more than once spurred me into ranting more than once as well. Most of the time I'm actually ranting about how much I hate Lilly, so it's slightly odd to defend her somewhat here. :p

• @CarScar said: I really should have copied it... All that work gone! Essentially the whole point of my post boiled down to "Lilly is an asshole, Kenny is an asshole. They're both assholes, even if Kenny is slightly less so. Also, I miss Carley. :("

Trust me, The Walking Dead has more than once spurred me into ranting more than once as well. Most of the time I'm actually ranting about how much I hate Lilly, so it's slightly odd to defend her somewhat here. :p

Kenny isn't an asshole. He is a good person for the most part no matter what. He can be a real prick to you though if you don't have his back.

Kenny can be your best friend who always looks after you and Clem, or he can be a complete asshole who tries not to be affiliated with you.

Lilly is nowhere near the same league as Kenny, for she is a bitch 100% of your playthroughs. Kenny's personality changed, and people hated it. You either want a glued character or a spurious character whose attitude can change, well Jesus, pick one!

I can't defend Kenny in the sense he can be a terrible guy, but when I play he is either nice or a total bro. The one time I saved Larry(tried) was he pissed. And I understood why.

Kenny>>>>>>>>>>>> Lilly

• @Mark$man said: Kenny isn't an asshole. He is a good person for the most part no matter what. He can be a real prick to you though if you don't have his back.

Kenny can be your best friend who always looks after you and Clem, or he can be a complete asshole who tries not to be affiliated with you.

Lilly is nowhere near the same league as Kenny, for she is a bitch 100% of your playthroughs. Kenny's personality changed, and people hated it. You either want a glued character or a spurious character whose attitude can change, well Jesus, pick one!

I can't defend Kenny in the sense he can be a terrible guy, but when I play he is either nice or a total bro. The one time I saved Larry(tried) was he pissed. And I understood why.

Kenny>>>>>>>>>>>> Lilly

Not again!

I know I keep bringing it up, but the fact that Kenny would abandon Clementine in the clutches of, what is most likely, a pedophile, simply because I didn't help him kill people (despite the fact that I saved Katjaa and Duck's life maybe nearly every episode) is just despicable too me. Similarly he would leave me to die twice because I didn't help him kill Larry and his general mood was rather inhumane, contemplating leaving Omid behind, wanting Lee to drop Ben to his death, desiring Lee to allow Beatrice to suffer so they could acquire some energy bars...

I don't understand how he could be so mad at me for attempting to save Larry's life when I literally saved both Katjaa and Duck moments later. He'd even go so far as to leave me to die due to this very irregular, misplaced, grudge.

Kenny was cool in episode one and five though.

• Kenny willing to abandon Clementine at the slightest disagreement between he and Lee is quite unfair. If he refused to go so he could still be around to protect Katjaa and Duck, then i could understand, but they're gone. He refuses to go only to save his own skin. His child died, why should he care for anybody else's? Sorry, but as much as i like Kenny that IS kind of detestable.

• @CarScar said: Not again!

I know I keep bringing it up, but the fact that Kenny would abandon Clementine in the clutches of, what is most likely, a pedophile, simply because I didn't help him kill people (despite the fact that I saved Katjaa and Duck's life maybe nearly every episode) is just despicable too me. Similarly he would leave me to die twice because I didn't help him kill Larry and his general mood was rather inhumane, contemplating leaving Omid behind, wanting Lee to drop Ben to his death, desiring Lee to allow Beatrice to suffer so they could acquire some energy bars...

I don't understand how he could be so mad at me for attempting to save Larry's life when I literally saved both Katjaa and Duck moments later. He'd even go so far as to leave me to die due to this very irregular, misplaced, grudge.

Kenny was cool in episode one and five though.

He will despise you because trying to save Larry would put everyone at risk. You would risk trying to save someone who couldn't survive, wasting time mind you, when he could turn and kill you (who he saw as a friend and if you read certain dialogue moments he isn't fearless, since he fears to cut your hand off, is hesitant to help you in ep 3, etc. but he does it because "someone has to") and also kill everyone inside the meat locker (which means Clem), and also let the dairy people get their hands on his son and wife. So when you betray him and let him down and make "the wrong choice" to try to save Larry, Kenny sees it that you put everyone at risk, and that he saved everyone by "killing" Larry. That means that you saving his family is only because he destroyed Larry's brain in his eyes. And that the sole reason you were all alive was because he made the unpopular decision.

When choosing to leave the girl to die or shoot her, the moral choice may be to shoot the woman to put her out of her misery, but is it the right decision? If you kill her, the walkers would be on you. You may not be able to fully loot the store, and risked getting you and Kenny killed, and by extension everyone else at the motel since the place is low on supplies.

You expect him to not want Ben to die? Really? He was mostly responsible for their deaths. You don't have to drop him, and he may still go with you without hesitation. And later if you tell him Ben wanted to kill himself he will say he was thankful you were making the choice to drop him and he wasn't. I understand why he could hold a grudge on you. I think it's stupid reason, but I understand.

• @Mornai said: Kenny willing to abandon Clementine at the slightest disagreement between he and Lee is quite unfair. If he refused to go so he could still be around to protect Katjaa and Duck, then i could understand, but they're gone. He refuses to go only to save his own skin. His child died, why should he care for anybody else's? Sorry, but as much as i like Kenny that IS kind of detestable.

I know it is. I understand it, but he was being unfair and a bit of a dick. The only way I could understand would be if lee acted like a complete ass to him and/or his family.

• @Mark$man said: He will despise you because trying to save Larry would put everyone at risk. You would risk trying to save someone who couldn't survive, wasting time mind you, when he could turn and kill you (who he saw as a friend and if you read certain dialogue moments he isn't fearless, since he fears to cut your hand off, is hesitant to help you in ep 3, etc. but he does it because "someone has to") and also kill everyone inside the meat locker (which means Clem), and also let the dairy people get their hands on his son and wife. So when you betray him and let him down and make "the wrong choice" to try to save Larry, Kenny sees it that you put everyone at risk, and that he saved everyone by "killing" Larry. That means that you saving his family is only because he destroyed Larry's brain in his eyes. And that the sole reason you were all alive was because he made the unpopular decision.

Oh yes, by all means Kenny can go on and on about how he might have saved everyone by killing Larry. Meanwhile my Lee takes it a step further and literally saves everyone. There's no might about it. Lee helped save Duck with Kenny at Hershel's farm, Lee defended Duck at the motor inn, Lee saved Katjaa from Parker's reanimated corpse, Lee saved Katjaa from Brenda, Lee helped save Duck with Carley from Andy, Lee saved literally everyone (save Lilly) when the bandits attacked. Oh no, but Kenny doesn't realize that. He's the hero because he killed Larry and Lee's the idiotic villain who deserves to die along with his pseudo-daughter because he didn't help.

Oh yes, totally justified.

When choosing to leave the girl to die or shoot her, the moral choice may be to shoot the woman to put her out of her misery, but is it the right decision? If you kill her, the walkers would be on you. You may not be able to fully loot the store, and risked getting you and Kenny killed, and by extension everyone else at the motel since the place is low on supplies.

If looting an already scavenged store for an extra minute is worth letting a poor girl get eaten alive, then yeah. Sure. It's not like I got 18 / 20 food items regardless or anything because Lee's, ya know, not useless like Kenny. "But Lee! If you let that girl die we would have had two extra energy bars! How could you Lee! You are never there for my family!"

You expect him to not want Ben to die? Really? He was mostly responsible for their deaths. You don't have to drop him, and he may still go with you without hesitation. And later if you tell him Ben wanted to kill himself he will say he was thankful you were making the choice to drop him and he wasn't. I understand why he could hold a grudge on you. I think it's stupid reason, but I understand.

He's an eighteen year old kid that was just trying to help. Does he expect me to dirty up my hands and get his revenge for him or something?

Kenny only starts to realize how much of an extremely huge dick he was only in episode five. Which is what made him better than Lilly, for the most part. At least he was aware that he was an asshole in the end.

• @Rock114 said: For all we know, those "people" could have been walkers. If I were Kenny, and I was unsure if that thing was dead or alive, I'd keep driving too. Especially if I had my family with me. Lilly clearly saw that Lee and Co were alive out there, and with children. Kenny still leads the group during the pharmacy attack, while Lilly only cares for her father (and isn't even with him when he comes back in to the store), and Kenny is the one who goes back in, even when his family was safe, when he would have been safer staying back, just to save some guy he's known for less than 24 hours. The same guy he's known for less than 24 hours that may have left his son at Hershel's and advocated throwing him out the door with the walkers in that time.

Thats really good point. On the other hand Lily turns on you no matter what you do.

• @CarScar said: Oh yes, by all means Kenny can go on and on about how he might have saved everyone by killing Larry. Meanwhile my Lee takes it a step further and literally saves everyone. There's no might about it. Lee helped save Duck with Kenny at Hershel's farm, Lee defended Duck at the motor inn, Lee saved Katjaa from Parker's reanimated corpse, Lee saved Katjaa from Brenda, Lee helped save Duck with Carley from Andy, Lee saved literally everyone (save Lilly) when the bandits attacked. Oh no, but Kenny doesn't realize that. He's the hero because he killed Larry and Lee's the idiotic villain who deserves to die along with his pseudo-daughter because he didn't help.

Oh yes, totally justified.

If looting an already scavenged store for an extra minute is worth letting a poor girl get eaten alive, then yeah. Sure. It's not like I got 18 / 20 food items regardless or anything because Lee's, ya know, not useless like Kenny. "But Lee! If you let that girl die we would have had two extra energy bars! How could you Lee! You are never there for my family!"

He's an eighteen year old kid that was just trying to help. Does he expect me to dirty up my hands and get his revenge for him or something?

Kenny only starts to realize how much of an extremely huge dick he was only in episode five. Which is what made him better than Lilly, for the most part. At least he was aware that he was an asshole in the end.

You do realize the period between episode 3-5 is less than a week? Meaning Kenny is seriously pissed in episode 4? His sole purpose of living was to save his family, and he knew some traitor helped get them killed. However, he just tried to ignore that fact. But after all the times Ben fucks up, and Kenny's deteriorating mental state, do you not think that Kenny would want to kill the little fuck up? I mean damn, I like Ben, I've never dropped him and have remained buddies with Ken. If you save him and talk with Kenny bout him he talks about how wrong he was for wanting that. Kenny may have wanted the kid to die, but that is YOUR choice. Not his. And he understands. If you aren't bad to him he still goes with you without hesitation. And if he doesn't, he'll still wait for you with the boat ready, bitten or not he'll take you, because he still considers you a friend.

And letting the girl die is worth it. You might not see it, because to you it is a game. Kenny would see everything happening in real life. If he knew you could get all the supplies safely while still shooting the girl, he'd let you. But considering there are walkers all over, a single shot would bring all the attention on you two, seriously putting you both at risk. By extension, the people who are waiting for the supplies could also die (they were low on food and meds). So yeah, it wasn't the 'right' thing to do, but it was the smart thing. Either way could be seen as humane, because either way you are technically saving lives.

Add Comment