User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25.2K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: Shocker: I like Unleashed and everything about it. On PS3. From watching on Youtube.

I bought Super Mario Sunshine at one point in the past, but the gameplay was so different from Super Mario 64 that I returned it for another game.

But then I watched a Let's Play of it on Youtube, and now it seems that I like it and want to re-buy it.

• @Chyron8472 said: I bought Super Mario Sunshine at one point in the past, but the gameplay was so different from Super Mario 64 that I returned it for another game.

But then I watched a Let's Play of it on Youtube, and now it seems that I like it and want to re-buy it.

Sunshine is great. I love all the areas in it. I especially love the village atop the mushrooms, and the boo hotel. The special stages were great.

I used to practice racing Shadow Mario on the exact same path he had, and I got really good at it.

• @Darth Marsden said: The infinite lives was for Shadow the Hedgehog, which I still never bothered to finish.

It took me forever, but I did finally take the time to finish it a while back. But I only got all ten endings and played the final story. I didn't try to complete the library. There's no way in hell I'm playing through that game 326 times to take every possible path.

Equal shocker: I've finished the Wii version twice and loved it both times.

I've got the Wii version and I'll probably play it on my own before I Let's Play it, but I'd like to try and get my hands on 2006, the Xbox version of Unleashed (which has levels cut from the Wii version), and Colors before I finish with Shadow the Hedgehog.

• Rented Tomb Raider to see if it lived up to the hype before wanting to plop down $60 for it. Soon as I have it, it'll be worth it. Fantastic game.

• Aliens: Infestation on the DS. AKA: The GOOD Aliens game made by Gearbox.

It's basically a Metroidvania style game, only with Aliens and the ability to move backwards while shooting.

So yeah, it's awesome. Bosses are rock-hard though.

• Lego The Lord of the Rings (Xbox 360)

Been playing this since Wednesday and finished my first play through the story earlier today. It's no real surprise that it surpasses previous Lego games as that is the general pattern. It's very faithful to the source, and it feels as epic in places. The new features are good, such as the inventory and levels split over multiple characters. It gets a little annoying picking the right character for the right puzzle during the levels with the full Fellowship but there aren't many of those really.

The stand out part of the whole thing is the open world hub and it absolutely pisses on Batman 2's attempt of an open world hub. The fact that you can just wander around a Lego sized Middle-Earth is a dream to a fan like me.

Well there's some quick thoughts before I head back on to work towards 100%, as always.

Oh and it's already making me feel anticipation for Lego The Hobbit which will inevitably come out sometime after the third film.

• Replaying Zelda:WW. I honestly have no clue why this is getting a remake. It's not even THAT old. It's a good game, but I don't think it needs HD graphics.

• @Zeruis said: Replaying Zelda:WW. I honestly have no clue why this is getting a remake. It's not even THAT old. It's a good game, but I don't think it needs HD graphics.

Probably because they know if they don't put SOMETHING out soon, the fans will swim to Japan and start tearing Nintendo apart. And Wind Waker, to be honest, is probably the easiest to update. Hopefully they'll do more than just graphics tweaks.

Also, almost done with Tomb Raider I think. And what a ride. Probably the best game to be published by Square-Enix since....well hell, since they became Square-Enix. The graphics, the controls, the music, the characters, the voice acting...I LOVE IT.

Add Comment