User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 16.9K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Idea although finding a boat and then off to some island or just set drifting sounds like bliss,the lack of anything for supplies the group would struggle,even if they had someone like Kenny the fisherman on board :) so where has ALL the medicine,clothes,food,water,supplies to last years if need be? a Supermarket or Mall even though every dead game and film revolves around this at some stage if you had to act in real life it probably would be the place to go.

different options to get from A to B? car,train,on foot,running for your life LOL

• @Zeruis said: My two cents: TWD isn't about Rick and Lee. It's about Carl and Clem growing up in the apocalypse.

Definitely.

I'm Calling it...you heard it here first.

The end game is to have Clem and Carl meet up in a few years after each has experienced hell and they will be the redeemers of Humanity.

Now how the amazing story writers of telltale and TWD get that all together...well those are the trees...im showing you the forest.

its fun to speculate...isnt it?? :rolleyes:

• i vote for a new group. Separate from this one. at the end of series 2 have two of our new survivors meet Clem in the field and that starts series 3. giving the gamers a break from the "nanny" role is good. It will also give the writers more diversity with the new story so we can have a greater impact on series 3. In series 2 if our choices dynamically change who survives to make it in series 3 we will be the ultimate deciders of who the two shadowy figures are.

that'd be pretty Kool

• @McLuvn TWDG said: i vote for a new group. Separate from this one. at the end of series 2 have two of our new survivors meet Clem in the field and that starts series 3. giving the gamers a break from the "nanny" role is good. It will also give the writers more diversity with the new story so we can have a greater impact on series 3. In series 2 if our choices dynamically change who survives to make it in series 3 we will be the ultimate deciders of who the two shadowy figures are.

that'd be pretty Kool

I suppose if the writers wanted to avoid being boxed in by continuity issues from S1, this is the best route they could take.

• Hi guys and welcome to another theory! I am going to ask you guys just to watch my theory video because it is very hard to explain. Also please show your support and I've told you how to many times and you do it anyway so thanks you awesome people. You must give this theory a chance. But I think Lee and Clementine had a helper in episode 4 and 5. I think this mainly because near the end of the game where Clem and Lee are walking through the zombies and Clem sees her parents and Lee faints. I can't imagine that she carried him all the way to the shop where they hid by herself. So I think someone has been following them and has decided to help them so they wouldn't die. I believe that you see this person twice in episode 4. Once at Crawford when you are going to the autoshop and you see a shadow dart across the screen. You may be saying no way that's Molly but how did Molly then get on the roof that fast and how did the walker doctor get on the roof in the first place? And another time you may see him is when you are burying that boy Kenny found in the attic. That shadow looks like the man who kidnaps Clem but he coaches little league and I doubt a little league coach would have the balls to go out into the open of a zombie infested city and stare a big black man right in the face. So I think that also was him, whoever it was, maybe he is related to the characters, maybe not. Leave in the comment box what you think.

Hope you found it interesting and I'll post my next theory soon! STAY AWESOME! :D
    Later. :)

• *EXTENSION* Maybe this guy is the new protagonist in season 2 of The Walking Dead Game?

• I think you need to calm down with all these prediction threads. One will do.

• @corruptbiggins said: I think you need to calm down with all these prediction threads. One will do.

Ha sorry dude if I'm spamming I'm just trying to keep up with my youtube theories and I have done 4 theory videos so I have done 4 theory threads. Sorry again if this has annoyed you. I hope you at least find them interesting and thanks for the suggestion on how to improve; max 1 a day! STAY AWESOME BRO! :)

• I had an idea for a scenario for S2. When the group needs supplies/ammo/food maybe an option of who do you bring to get those items and who do you leave at camp/stronghold/farm. Bring the wrong group shit could happen on the trip or Leave the wrong people at the camp. Depending on your choice of who is going and stayin a number of things could happen. Fighting between members/not enough protection from hostles/ mutiny/ safe trip/ alot of items/ alittle bit of items/ no items/ Deaths at camp or on the supply run/ How many deaths etc.... Another way to make our choices count but not take to much away from story. Just an idea...

Add Comment