User Avatar Image

Trying to be a good guy in Season Two should screw you over

posted by vivec on - last edited - Viewed by 607 users

For example: Shooting girl in street but having consuequences you can shoot the girl and still get a lot of supplies, or meat locker situation where if you save larry , lilly gets bitten.

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Robert Morgan said: I think it's just further evidence of how deeply misanthropic Robert Kirkman's creation is when the animals seem to do a decent job of avoiding walkers, and yet the humans can't get their act together long enough to wipe out an enemy that's so intensely stupid.

Basically. It's not necessarily out of line, though. As I've mentioned in this thread, people got to the top of the food chain due to being able to use tools. Our ancestors didn't run down sabre-toothed cats or mammoths and strangle them with their bare hands.

At the end of the day, walkers are just people that lost the exact thing that got us to the top of the food chain in the first place.

@Robert Morgan said: I think it's just a numbers game. No matter how many you kill, outwit, avoid etc. there will always be more, and they will always be everywhere you go. Every city, town, and eventually every forest, countryside, hilltop, beach etc. they will always be there, waiting.

Get enough people to ram their heads into a door and they'll eventually get through.

It depends on the door. :p Thermopylae is a good example of the fact that numbers aren't everything if you can't leverage them, and unlike the Persians, walkers wouldn't bother with advanced tactics like "go around and hit the rear" if their target's directly in front of them. With any decently strong chokepoint, walkers would just end up crushing each other as they tried to advance. Think of it as a smellier, more organized soccer riot.

• When Lee/Mark are clearing the fence at the dairy you clearly see a crow eating a walker. Its seems fine. Lots of animals eat dead decaying things. That maybe why IT doesnt effect animals. Different immune system or somthing to that effect. Just a thought.

• You don't see the crow afterwards though. You just don't know.

• Overall you can make decisions with youre heart for the whole of season 1 and not get penalised by it. Spared the St Johns? No problem you will never see them again anyway. Refused to kill Larry? Kenny will do it for you! I would love to see there be an element of actual risk to what you do. If people didnt take the food from the car in episode 2, maybe someone could starve in season 3. Maybe the St Johns could come back and kill someone? Maybe Clem gets wounded if you take her to a base filled with armed men. Adding consequences could force players to actually use their brain while playing.

That said there also has to be a element of randomness to the choices as well. With some choices you can get away with playing a good guy and others you cant. If TellTale could make something like this for Season 2, it would be spectacular

• @Mark$man said: You don't see the crow afterwards though. You just don't know.

Appeal to ignorance, that line of thought is logically bunk. That was hardly the first walker that died on the fence, and it's not like that was the only crow in the world, it only left because Mark and Lee disturbed it. It could've been snacking on that walker all day.

We see plenty of dead walkers around the fence, but not a single dead scavenger. We see scavengers eating walkers on the fence. If eating walkers killed them, the place would be littered with dead scavengers. It's been demonstrated that eating walkers doesn't kill them.

So all walkers will be crow poop. :p

• @Rommel49 said: Appeal to ignorance, that line of thought is logically bunk. That was hardly the first walker that died on the fence, and it's not like that was the only crow in the world, it only left because Mark and Lee disturbed it. It could've been snacking on that walker all day.

We see plenty of dead walkers around the fence, but not a single dead scavenger. We see scavengers eating walkers on the fence. If eating walkers killed them, the place would be littered with dead scavengers. It's been demonstrated that eating walkers doesn't kill them.

So all walkers will be crow poop. :p

Would they? If a crow starts eating a corpse, it won't stay there forever. They could go off and die somewhere else, or go after another walker and get torn to shreds. You may also not be seeing many because there isn't many left. You say I appeal to ignorance, but wouldn't you qualify for the same? Both of us know little enough to be basing our opinions. The group doesn't take count of animal populations, nor do they stalk them. If that was the case, then if the group were to kill an animal and eat it high chances are they'd die, right? Because the tainted meat doesn't harm the animal, but can kill the human, which it CAN, because if you would read the comics, bandits capture one of Rick's group and eats his legs, after realizing he was infected, they tried to gag/throw up. Seriously, then that would mean humans could no longer eat animals, fish, or birds because they'd be 'tainted' by the walker meat. It'd be too high of a risk. Where are the bugs? Why are there little to no bugs on walkers? Or at all, really? It's Georgia, where are the mosquitoes? The flies? All the nasty bugs that feed off blood or rancid meat. If a mosquito was to get blood from a walker and wasn't affected, and then got blood from a human, wouldn't the human get infected and die? You don't know ANYTHING about a zombie apocalypse, and TWD doesn't go into full details. You can assume whatever you want, be unsure of anything, because in TWD world, people just become natural badasses.

I could be ignorant, but then so are you because you have little information to go on. Sure, go on a DIFFERENT site for the details, but the true fact is it's NOT the walking dead zombie plague. So neither of us can get anywhere from the information we have, so I'd rather just drop the conversation considering this forum has nothing to do with this, and that your points are defensible as are mine, so neither of us has the edge. If Telltale or Kirkman were to show the nature of the disease, then show it to me, and I'll back up your claims. Until then, what you say is as much bullshit as my claims without evidence. All that would remain is which is more logical, but in TWD universe, nothing is. People take multiple bullets and keep walking, get surrounded but make it through the horde unscathed, get ripped apart by bare hands, and can get clean headshots every time from long distance. Take NOTHING for granted.

• @Mark$man said: Would they? If a crow starts eating a corpse, it won't stay there forever. They could go off and die somewhere else, or go after another walker and get torn to shreds. You may also not be seeing many because there isn't many left. You say I appeal to ignorance, but wouldn't you qualify for the same? Both of us know little enough to be basing our opinions. The group doesn't take count of animal populations, nor do they stalk them. If that was the case, then if the group were to kill an animal and eat it high chances are they'd die, right? Because the tainted meat doesn't harm the animal, but can kill the human, which it CAN, because if you would read the comics, bandits capture one of Rick's group and eats his legs, after realizing he was infected, they tried to gag/throw up. Seriously, then that would mean humans could no longer eat animals, fish, or birds because they'd be 'tainted' by the walker meat. It'd be too high of a risk. Where are the bugs? Why are there little to no bugs on walkers? Or at all, really? It's Georgia, where are the mosquitoes? The flies? All the nasty bugs that feed off blood or rancid meat. If a mosquito was to get blood from a walker and wasn't affected, and then got blood from a human, wouldn't the human get infected and die? You don't know ANYTHING about a zombie apocalypse, and TWD doesn't go into full details. You can assume whatever you want, be unsure of anything, because in TWD world, people just become natural badasses.

I could be ignorant, but then so are you because you have little information to go on. Sure, go on a DIFFERENT site for the details, but the true fact is it's NOT the walking dead zombie plague. So neither of us can get anywhere from the information we have, so I'd rather just drop the conversation considering this forum has nothing to do with this, and that your points are defensible as are mine, so neither of us has the edge. If Telltale or Kirkman were to show the nature of the disease, then show it to me, and I'll back up your claims. Until then, what you say is as much bullshit as my claims without evidence. All that would remain is which is more logical, but in TWD universe, nothing is. People take multiple bullets and keep walking, get surrounded but make it through the horde unscathed, get ripped apart by bare hands, and can get clean headshots every time from long distance. Take NOTHING for granted.

That's a pretty big wall of text for not contesting the point or providing evidence. :p

Animals tend to stay proximal to their food. We know crows eat them, but we don't see a single dead crow. We see living ones though. Facts.

We know animals are immune to the major component of the outbreak; they don't reanimate. Fact. By default, that's infinitely more evidence they're immune to the outbreak than not... simply because there's zero evidence showing they're vulnerable to it.

Hell, as far as I know, it hasn't even been actually shown that people would die from eating walkers or the infected. We never actually see somebody reanimate as a result of eating a dead or bitten person. :p

• @Rommel49 said: That's a pretty big wall of text for not contesting the point or providing evidence. :p

Animals tend to stay proximal to their food. We know crows eat them, but we don't see a single dead crow. We see living ones though. Facts.

We know animals are immune to the major component of the outbreak; they don't reanimate. Fact. By default, that's infinitely more evidence they're immune to the outbreak than not... simply because there's zero evidence showing they're vulnerable to it.

Hell, as far as I know, it hasn't even been actually shown that people would die from eating walkers or the infected. We never actually see somebody reanimate as a result of eating a dead or bitten person. :p

It is known it does for people to eat people. I'm just going to say this, if you haven't read really far into the comics, then don't read ANY FURTHER into this paragraph. *SPOLIER* *SPOILER* Dale is bitten in the leg, and is found by cannibals. They cut his legs off and ate the meat, to Dale's laughter. He then revealed he was bitten, and so the cannibals tried to choke/vomit up the food. They later died.

It's obvious they are 'immune' to turning, but it doesn't mean they don't get sick. The bite carries a type of fatal sickness. You don't know if the bite causes the turning indefinitely, only that it causes death. Turning just happens to follow suit. It wouldn't make any sense for the disease not to affect them at all. Animals usually stay in the area they find food. However, with other living/non-living predators, they really can't without risk.

• @Rommel49 said: It depends on the door. :p Thermopylae is a good example of the fact that numbers aren't everything if you can't leverage them, and unlike the Persians, walkers wouldn't bother with advanced tactics like "go around and hit the rear" if their target's directly in front of them. With any decently strong chokepoint, walkers would just end up crushing each other as they tried to advance. Think of it as a smellier, more organized soccer riot.

Maybe, but since it's pathetically easy for them to rise up anywhere at anytime, odds are they're already at the rear before the battle even begins. The walkers don't need to care about losses, as they'll always be able to gain more numbers at any location without making the slightest effort. If 3 billion walkers were storming that chokepoint at Thermopylae, eventually those defenders will get tired and be overwhelmed. A corpses stamina is limitless, a human will get tired eventually(especially if they're swinging melee weapons around for hours on end).

And for the record, i think there was a movie where zombies climbed over each over to scale a wall out of a city(though that's probably not applicable here).

• @Mornai said: Maybe, but since it's pathetically easy for them to rise up anywhere at anytime, odds are they're already at the rear before the battle even begins. The walkers don't need to care about losses, as they'll always be able to gain more numbers at any location without making the slightest effort. If 3 billion walkers were storming that chokepoint at Thermopylae, eventually those defenders will get tired and be overwhelmed. A corpses stamina is limitless, a human will get tired eventually(especially if they're swinging melee weapons around for hours on end).

And for the record, i think there was a movie where zombies climbed over each over to scale a wall out of a city(though that's probably not applicable here).

Yeah, plus the fact that some say the battle of Thermopylae is not real :P.
    Also, if one of those on the inside/other side were to die, then you'd have a worse problem than 1000's of walkers outside, because if you don't know, the blood goes around fastttttt lol. And yeah, walkers don't need sleep, they don't need food/water, they don't need to rest if they get exhausted. They'll keep coming even after they all die.

Add Comment