User Avatar Image

Kenny dead or alive? (massively merged threads)

posted by Keupajer on - last edited - Viewed by 9.7K users

Am I the only one who thinks, that Kenny just might survived? I saw both ways, but none of them actually showed his dead. And in the ending reviews, it says, that we "lost him in a group of walkers".

So is he dead?

399 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltale and/or the Walking Dead franchise is all about surprises, jump scares, and the like. Telling everyone Lee would survive would seriously ruin the game, right? And telling everyone he was 100% dead would scare people the hell out to see him reunite with the group. Throughout the entire game I figured something bad would happen to Lee, and the more I played after his bite part, I realized something: Everyone in the game basically mentions about not giving up, that life can go back to normal, and that giving up is not the way to go. It is first mentioned with Katjaa at the farm that everyone needs to have hope that life can go back to normal. Then at the motel, when contemplating whether to let Irene kill herself. Then with Glenn and Carley. Clementine mentions several times about the world going back to the way it was, and you could agree with her. Kenny speaks of it at the house with the dead couple, and you speak with Christa and Omid on it many times. Clementine even tells you not to give up, and to escape with her at the very end.

Does all this not seem like a hint? The first couple times I was like "yeah, don't give up." Then it was "Okay...?" and then "This is kind of repetitive...". I think it means something. That Lee could survive the store. His passing outs could have been bleeding out, not the bite. He was dripping on the roof of the hospital, even after patching it up. He starts to get a fever, but who knows for sure where it came from? He wasn't looking to good when he first left the house looking for her. And besides, for who knows if any sand or dust or anything got in there from all those walkers walking around. When he first gets bitten to when they get to the morgue is maybe 30 minutes at the most. Most bite victims last less than 24 hours, but Jim in the comics lasted longer. And Lee was bitten in the arm, nowhere near anything important. This would mean the infection would spread slower than if bitten in the stomach like Duck. Duck passed away a lot faster because he was so little and young, and his immune system probably not top notch. Anyway, Lee's first faint could have been sickness (not related to bite), exhaustion, dehydration, starvation, etc. You just don't know. Lee in the store can be kept from having the handcuffs, could have lost his arm and not been bitten, and then left at the store with the door unlocked. He was covered in muck so even if walkers were smart enough to get in, they shouldn't go after him. Lee's fainting in the store could have been like all the symptoms of the first fainting, or simply from the great blood loss. It doesn't mean he was dead.

I know I sound stubborn, but I won't give up hope until I see Lee myself, and even then, I will still see him somewhat(as a walker). I'll let zombie Lee and Clem have a family again O_O

• @Mark$man said: Telltale and/or the Walking Dead franchise is all about surprises, jump scares, and the like. Telling everyone Lee would survive would seriously ruin the game, right? And telling everyone he was 100% dead would scare people the hell out to see him reunite with the group. Throughout the entire game I figured something bad would happen to Lee, and the more I played after his bite part, I realized something: Everyone in the game basically mentions about not giving up, that life can go back to normal, and that giving up is not the way to go. It is first mentioned with Katjaa at the farm that everyone needs to have hope that life can go back to normal. Then at the motel, when contemplating whether to let Irene kill herself. Then with Glenn and Carley. Clementine mentions several times about the world going back to the way it was, and you could agree with her. Kenny speaks of it at the house with the dead couple, and you speak with Christa and Omid on it many times. Clementine even tells you not to give up, and to escape with her at the very end.

Does all this not seem like a hint? The first couple times I was like "yeah, don't give up." Then it was "Okay...?" and then "This is kind of repetitive...". I think it means something. That Lee could survive the store. His passing outs could have been bleeding out, not the bite. He was dripping on the roof of the hospital, even after patching it up. He starts to get a fever, but who knows for sure where it came from? He wasn't looking to good when he first left the house looking for her. And besides, for who knows if any sand or dust or anything got in there from all those walkers walking around. When he first gets bitten to when they get to the morgue is maybe 30 minutes at the most. Most bite victims last less than 24 hours, but Jim in the comics lasted longer. And Lee was bitten in the arm, nowhere near anything important. This would mean the infection would spread slower than if bitten in the stomach like Duck. Duck passed away a lot faster because he was so little and young, and his immune system probably not top notch. Anyway, Lee's first faint could have been sickness (not related to bite), exhaustion, dehydration, starvation, etc. You just don't know. Lee in the store can be kept from having the handcuffs, could have lost his arm and not been bitten, and then left at the store with the door unlocked. He was covered in muck so even if walkers were smart enough to get in, they shouldn't go after him. Lee's fainting in the store could have been like all the symptoms of the first fainting, or simply from the great blood loss. It doesn't mean he was dead.

I know I sound stubborn, but I won't give up hope until I see Lee myself, and even then, I will still see him somewhat(as a walker). I'll let zombie Lee and Clem have a family again O_O

Okay. But how is Lee going to get enough blood to keep on moving? If he's losing blood, someone would have to find him, and then stop the bleeding, and then take him to a hospital- oh wait. There are no hospitals.

And, oh the arm has nothing important? Except the fucking major veins that travels through your entire body. And what do veins do? They take blood to the heart, which circulates it through the body using arteries. Now, how fast does this process take? In a normal human male, it takes about one minute for that whole process. So, if somehow Lee got his arm cut off in the first minute of the infection, he'd still be have one arm missing and losing lots of blood.

• @anonymau5 said: Okay. But how is Lee going to get enough blood to keep on moving? If he's losing blood, someone would have to find him, and then stop the bleeding, and then take him to a hospital- oh wait. There are no hospitals.

And, oh the arm has nothing important? Except the fucking major veins that travels through your entire body. And what do veins do? They take blood to the heart, which circulates it through the body using arteries. Now, how fast does this process take? In a normal human male, it takes about one minute for that whole process. So, if somehow Lee got his arm cut off in the first minute of the infection, he'd still be have one arm missing and losing lots of blood.

Minute sounds a bit fast doc :P. Gotta think this is a game though. But yeah, I see your point. The chances are slim. What I mean't by important was he was bitten at the wrist, not at the veins, and that losing his arm wouldn't be too bad. At least it wasn't somewhere he was a garunteed goner. t'd take time. But not long, that is true. The idea is luck-based. Lee feeling lucky? :P

It's not that someone can't find him. I still am at the doubt that Clem was able to drag him into the store and close the door on her own.
    That and tat she was then able to make ith through the horde of walkers, for even though she had muck on, the one walker still attacked her, so she probably didn't have enough on. Someone could have been watching them. Maybe it was Vernon. If you treated Vernon right, maybe he helps you out. He's a doctor, and get get you patched up. He has a group, the odds someone has his blood type are high. It's all up to what you choose to believe ya know?

• @Mark$man said: Minute sounds a bit fast doc :P. Gotta think this is a game though. But yeah, I see your point. The chances are slim. What I mean't by important was he was bitten at the wrist, not at the veins, and that losing his arm wouldn't be too bad. At least it wasn't somewhere he was a garunteed goner. t'd take time. But not long, that is true. The idea is luck-based. Lee feeling lucky? :P

On the one minute timeframe for blood to circulate through the body: http://www.pa.msu.edu/sciencet/ask_st/120193.html

Incidentally, as the article mentions, the one-minute average is actually conservative. That's for a person at rest. It takes even less time for a person that's active (say, someone moving about looking for a little girl).

And there's actually atleast two major blood vessels near the wrist, just from memory there's the radial artery and the ulnar artery. So yeah.

• @Rommel49 said: On the one minute timeframe for blood to circulate through the body: http://www.pa.msu.edu/sciencet/ask_st/120193.html

Incidentally, as the article mentions, the one-minute average is actually conservative. That's for a person at rest. It takes even less time for a person that's active (say, someone moving about looking for a little girl).

And there's actually atleast two major blood vessels near the wrist, just from memory there's the radial artery and the ulnar artery. So yeah.

Well, then Hershel was one lucky mo-fo, lol. It was at least several minutes for him xD.

But yeah, I agree, highly unlikely. I'm still going to be stubborn on the situation. Rub it in my face when we see his walker face ;)

• @Mark$man said: Well, then Hershel was one lucky mo-fo, lol. It was at least several minutes for him xD.

But yeah, I agree, highly unlikely. I'm still going to be stubborn on the situation. Rub it in my face when we see his walker face ;)

There was someone on this forum who said to tell him "i told you so" if Lee didn't up immune to the infection or something like that(before ep 5), and now i totally want to find him and say i told ya so.

• @Mornai said: There was someone on this forum who said to tell him "i told you so" if Lee didn't up immune to the infection or something like that(before ep 5), and now i totally want to find him and say i told ya so.

Hahahahaha, touche Mornai, I knew he wasn't though. And okay, it's okay Mornai :D In 6 months, I'll still be here :P. I might not be in the waiting time, but once season 2 comes, just try to keep me away -_-

• Told you so is going to be everywhere on the forums after DLC/S2.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Told you so is going to be everywhere on the forums after DLC/S2.

Yes it will. Yes it will. But isn't that nice that we can be friendly about it as a community? Zombie survival family? No? ... "Okay then" >:(

• What they should do is make it at the end kenny had to shoot ben and run and christa and omid found him but he was lagging behind (that could help later in the story and keep the story going longer) cause if you do it where ben fell off the balcony there were almost no zombies behind where kenny was so he had a chance of escaping.

Add Comment