User Avatar Image

Further dialogue options you wish you had in the game

posted by Robert Morgan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Here's a few examples. If you saved Carley instead of Doug:

"I just want to know...why didn't you pick him?"

- Well, I had to make a decision in a stressful kind of environment...
- He told me to hurry up when I was killing my brother. Dick.
- Let's just face it, Carley, you're hot and he wasn't.

If you dropped a salt licker on Larry, but didn't skewer Danny:

"You kill my dad but let this piece of shit live? Fucking asshole!"

- I couldn't murder him in front of Clem!
- Fine. YOU shoot him.
- Well, your dad was a piece of shit too, so...

When confronting the stranger:

"I'd be a better surrogate father than you."

- You've got your wife's head in a bag.
- You've got your wife's head in a bag.
- YOU'VE GOT YOUR WIFE'S HEAD IN A FUCKING BAG.

154 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jaded X Gamer said: Couldn't resist adding my own little twist on this suggestion. :p

I was a little concerned since i had not thoroughly read your twist, just glanced at it, and all i saw was "Aw yeah, suck on it lily"

• @BlackBoxx said: So... You are "downgrading" Omid by calling him a woman? You think being a woman is a downgrade? You're not exactly making your case any more appealing.

Insult Omid all you like, but try to come up with insults, not slurs. Bug-eyed, childish, clumsy, obnoxious, annoying... Take your pick. You're doing yourself no favors by associating roughly half of the population as worse than the other through sheer virtue of their gender.

Questioning Omids manhood isnt sexist either.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Questioning Omids manhood isnt sexist either.

It depends on your definition of manhood. Yours implies that men must be out saving the day. That taking care of kids is beneath them (I guess Kenny, Larry, and Lee are women as well since they look after children?)... Scratch that. There was no implication. You flat out said it. Worse, you equate the opposite of those qualities with being a woman, and that it is enough to mean being a woman is an insult. So yes, you are being sexist. Think before you defend yourself next time.

• @BlackBoxx said: It depends on your definition of manhood. Yours implies that men must be out saving the day. That taking care of kids is beneath them (I guess Kenny, Larry, and Lee are women as well since they look after children?)... Scratch that. There was no implication. You flat out said it. Worse, you equate the opposite of those qualities with being a woman, and that it is enough to mean being a woman is an insult. So yes, you are being sexist. Think before you defend yourself next time.

Jesus Christ dude, I'm running out of medals.

• @BlackBoxx said: It depends on your definition of manhood. Yours implies that men must be out saving the day. That taking care of kids is beneath them (I guess Kenny, Larry, and Lee are women as well since they look after children?)... Scratch that. There was no implication. You flat out said it. Worse, you equate the opposite of those qualities with being a woman, and that it is enough to mean being a woman is an insult. So yes, you are being sexist. Think before you defend yourself next time.

No im not. Your need to climb off your moral high horse. If i said christa is a man. Now im downgrading men yea fuckin rite.

• @BlackBoxx said: You flat out said it. Worse, you equate the opposite of those qualities with being a woman, and that it is enough to mean being a woman is an insult..

Your words not mine. I enjoy seeing people twist my words so they can make there point.

• When a boy/man whines cries complains some people might say "Stop being lil girl man up" To my girlfriend and I this means act like what you are not somthing else. Not an attack on women. Adrienne says BlackBox is just sensitive.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: When a boy/man whines cries complains some people might say "Stop being lil girl man up" To my girlfriend and I this means act like what you are not somthing else. Not an attack on women. Adrienne says BlackBox is just sensitive.

Right, because I'm sure a female would want to associate with a misogynistic ass-hat like you. Is she a model too? Does she perchance live in Canada?

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: No im not. Your need to climb off your moral high horse. If i said christa is a man. Now im downgrading men yea fuckin rite.

It could be. It really depends. The sexism comes from the attitude and beliefs feuling the statement, not the statement itself. You are assigning certain qualities to Omid because he is a man. Men are supposed to be heroic in your mind, but Christa is the one doing all the heroic stuff. Not Omid. Since he fails to meet these arbitrary qualities, you thereby call him a woman. You even admit to saying this was meant to degrade him. This applies to calling any man a woman for not having arbitrary characteristics. That is sexist. Period.

Of course, the opposite can be true as well. If you called Christa a man, it doesn't necessarily mean it is a sexist statement. It might be a simple mistake. However, if you call her a man because she exhibits certain qualities; bluntness, confidence, capability, etc., then yes. That is sexist, even if you meant it as a compliment.

I'm not saying you hate women. I'm not saying you mistreat women. I'm saying you believe being a woman means having certain qualities. Good or bad, they don't matter. The important thing is you deny individual men and women their own agency to be the person they want to be. It is society that says women must be X while men must be Y, not genetics (which is what a person's sex is). That is the textbook definition of sexism.

Let me also say that it doesn't mean you are a cold-blooded sexist. Maybe you were taught these things. Maybe you were never corrected when you express them to others. I don't know. I'm saying that your statement; "I;m calling Omid a woman. I'm downgrading him" is sexist. There is a difference.

Oh, and no, I will not get off my high horse. He poops on the very same ground you're standing.

• @GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: When a boy/man whines cries complains some people might say "Stop being lil girl man up" To my girlfriend and I this means act like what you are not somthing else. Not an attack on women. Adrienne says BlackBox is just sensitive.

There it is again. Men aren't supposed to cry, whine or complain. You feel justified in calling them a woman because that is a trait that only women should have. Sex-to-the-ism. Why aren't men allowed to cry? Why are men supposed to be the ones saving the day while women take care of the kids? It's fine if that's what happens, but implying that swapping roles is somehow wrong ("act like what you are") is... You know what? I'm sick of typing it out so much. You know what I'm going to say.

It doesn't have to be a direct attack on one gender or the other in order to be that word. It also doesn't have to be malicious. It is all about assigning qualities to an individual based on a biological characteristic that has no bearing on the quaity in the first place.

Bob says greyduzkrush is being superfluous. Maybe I am sensitive. What does that have to do with what we're discussing?

@GREYxDUZxKRUSH said: Your words not mine. I enjoy seeing people twist my words so they can make there point.

Im down grading omid. Thats it. He plays the female role in there relationship. If two girls are dating theyre lesbian and if one is pregnant.... The pregnant lesbian couple.....not homophobic. Shes out saving the day he sits at the house with the kids. Omid is a bitch.

Nope. They were yours. Christa saves the day, while Omid takes care of kids. He's not being a hero, so he's a woman.

Add Comment