User Avatar Image

So any idea when Telltale might announce something new?

posted by KevinSig on - last edited - Viewed by 390 users

I love adventure games, but didn't care for Jurassic Park & certainly not The Walking Dead. Given that all the episodes for both are out, I figure Telltale should be announcing some kind of new project.

Hopefully, something I'm a bit more interested in. Heck, I'd glady throw into a Kickstarter if Telltale needed monies to get another season of Monkey Island.

I know this sort of thing usually coincides with some convention or another. Anything coming up that might be likely? Like a PAX convention?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I understand their reasoning behind jumping ahead on TWD2 since that's probably their most successful game to date. And I do look forward to seeing "Fable" now that I've been reading up on it.

As far as their older franchises go, I think their best candidate for a return will be TOMI2, but that will probably be an "out of their own pocket" project once the company starts expanding again and can afford the space and man-power. As for S&M... I think they wrapped up their trilogy really well, which was more than I could have ever dreamed of for these characters. It's like only yesterday I was out of my mind with excitement over their first return to gaming since "Hit the Road".

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Yeah i will admit its getting sorta worrying that we are still hoping for an announcement of Tales 2 of S&M 4 or Strong Bad season 2 but TWD Season 2 is announced before Ep 4.

Tales and Strong Bad are both out of Telltale's hands. It doesn't look like Lucasarts/Disney is interested in licensing MI again and the Brothers Chaps can't even find time to work on their own site, much less a full Strong Bad game.

• Well, maybe we'll hear something at Pax or E3. Maybe.

• I hope soon... I hope they find time to slip in another Sam and Max game as well as the already announced games.. its been too long and I need to visit the world of Sam and Max again... Now is the perfect time too... Sam and Max are giants in the genre they should have a game out during this little adventure boom.

• @Irishmile said: I hope soon... I hope they find time to slip in another Sam and Max game as well as the already announced games.. its been too long and I need to visit the world of Sam and Max again... Now is the perfect time too... Sam and Max are giants in the genre they should have a game out during this little adventure boom.

Rumor has it that they might do that. I don't know if they will do that, but I hope they do!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@lattsam said: Rumor has it that they might do that. I don't know if they will do that, but I hope they do!

Forget it. :(

@lattsam said: Would I like it if Telltale just stopped in its tracks and made a balls-to-the-wall retro adventure game Sam & Max puzzle fest, just once, to show that we can? Yeah, of course. That would be totally fun to make. I don't think it's likely to happen, nor do I think that the studio needs to for any real reason, both because people here are happy with the things we do make and the challenges we do choose to accept on the projects we do, and because there are plenty of other people making the crazy puzzle-first style of games that everyone loves.

• That quote to me doesn't mean no more Sam & Max.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Yeah, I agree. It just means that Telltale isn't going to make a LucasArts style Hit the Road-esque Sam & Max game full of difficult puzzles. It doesn't mean they won't make more Telltale style Sam & Max seasons.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The quote wasn't meant to say that S&M will "never" happen again. That's just your interpretation. :o

• Sam and Max and Tales of Monkey Island haven't been moved to Classics yet...
    I still have hope

Add Comment