User Avatar Image

Sign in to telltale on the BTTF app to play the episodes I bought a year ago?

posted by Bttfmaniac on - last edited - Viewed by 366 users

I bought Back to the future game episodes 1 through 5 on my telltale account a year ago, shouldn't I be able to sign in on the iPhone app and play the episodes I purchased?

6 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I tend to agree on this subject, I don't like having to buy games that I've already paid for.

It's not a money issue to me, but a moral issue. It's one fast way to burn a faithful customer and supporter over multiple platforms. This cash grab is pretty underhanded in my opinion. I paid for the game (license) which is revoked and must be purchased once again.

That's not what I call "good business" despite how much I like the BTTF game series, it also makes me wonder what other games will suddenly follow this trend.

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@Bttfmaniac said: I bought Back to the future game episodes 1 through 5 on my telltale account a year ago, shouldn't I be able to sign in on the iPhone app and play the episodes I purchased?

If by your "Telltale account" you mean that you bought the game from the Telltale Store, you can only play it on Mac or PC and would have to purchase the game again if you want to play it on your iPhone.

• @Macfly77 said: If by your "Telltale account" you mean that you bought the game from the Telltale Store, you can only play it on Mac or PC and would have to purchase the game again if you want to play it on your iPhone.

I downloaded them on the iPad all 5 ep's so why can't I redownload them free in the app??? Iv all ready payed for them once

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

The old standalone apps for Episodes 2-5 have been replaced with in-game downloads in the new universal app that supports iPhone devices. You can still download and play the superseded versions on iPad. If you want to remove them from your device, just be sure to back them up to the iCloud, because they will be removed from the App Store eventually. More info is available here.

• @puzzlebox said: The old standalone apps for Episodes 2-5 have been replaced with in-game downloads in the new universal app that supports iPhone devices. You can still download and play the superseded versions on iPad. If you want to remove them from your device, just be sure to back them up to the iCloud, because they will be removed from the App Store eventually. More info is available here.

Not happy at all to be honest iv been a happy customer for a long time and now I feel I little bit hard done by ,because you changed to in app purchasing and won't restore the games we have all ready payed for "ep-2/3/4/5"...
    I used to buy what ever you put out because they are good games but now I have to think twice because you might change the app just like you have with this one and I'll have to pay for them once more :-(

• I didn't see any updates for episodes 2-5. Does this mean the older separate apps for episodes 2-5 don't get the noted updates in the new universal app?

* Supports the 16:9 display on iPhone 5
    * Overall performance is greatly improved
    * Higher resolution assets
    * Improved frame rate
    * Retina Support
    * Approx. 40% smaller download size

Add Comment