User Avatar Image

Shooting the Girl in the street

posted by Love88 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Okay so when Lee and Kenny are out hunting for supplies and the girl comes out screaming, and you have the choice to either shoot or not shoot, what did you decide and how does it effect the story?

I chose to leave her as a distraction, I thought the zombies might come after me.

141 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rommel49 said: The problem with that thought process is that if it isn't worth letting a stranger (who's really already pretty much dead) die painfully to scavenge food, medicine, etc. for your group just because there isn't much left, then when would it be worth it?

    In a survival scenario, you don't take anything for granted. You're always trying to improve your situation, not make it worse. The way I see it, I have a duty to the group of still-living people I'm with more than I do to some stranger that's going to end up dead by the end of the day no matter what I do. There's only so many potential meals you can turn down before someone does end up paying the price for it... that's a much worse option.


    Perhaps, but at the end of the day I still got 18 / 20 items. I missed out on what, two energy bars? I know I wasn't aware of how the situation would have played out when I made my decision but still, it turned out great regardless and I'm glad I put her out of her misery. Because if I hadn't, she would have died in possibly one of the most painful ways imaginable so we could only gain two extra energy bars.

    I know we have different views but I'd give up a meal if it meant something departed painlessly rather than painfully. Although the choice would most likely change if my situation were desperate enough.

  • But what if that meal you gave up was the difference between being physically able to do tasks. What if you did not find more for weeks. Injury were you cannot move to get more. Shit happens. Could be difference between life and death. So yea 3 bullets, 2 energy bars, or 1 antibiotic could mean a whole lot.

  • Was no one concerned that screaming panicked woman might see Kenny and Lee and start unknowingly bringing the dead after them if she ran towards them? Or she might survive long enough to start raising dead all over Macon, fucking up possible escape routes? Or get cornered right in front of the pharmacy and her yells end up bringing more dead down upon the building?

    Lotta talk about being "smart" but in retrospect, leaving her alive seemed like as much a liability as shooting her. You only see her run back the way she came after you decide to leave her, so you don't really know what's she was going to do before that. She could have just as easily started fleeing towards the pharmacy and started banging on the busted up doors, bringing a ton of the dead after her. And if she ever spotted Lee and Kenny she probably try chasing after them.

    Way I see it, both choices carry some inherit risk.

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: Was no one concerned that screaming panicked woman might see Kenny and Lee and start unknowingly bringing the dead after them if she ran towards them? Or she might survive long enough to start raising dead all over Macon, fucking up possible escape routes? Or get cornered right in front of the pharmacy and her yells end up bringing more dead down upon the building?

    Lotta talk about being "smart" but in retrospect, leaving her alive seemed like as much a liability as shooting her. You only see her run back the way she came after you decide to leave her, so you don't really know what's she was going to do before that. She could have just as easily started fleeing towards the pharmacy and started banging on the busted up doors, bringing a ton of the dead after her. And if she ever spotted Lee and Kenny she probably try chasing after them.

    Way I see it, both choices carry some inherit risk.



    A guaranteed risk versus a theoretical risk.

    There is a big difference.

  • @Riadon said: A guaranteed risk versus a theoretical risk.

    There is a big difference.



    Both options are equally theoretical in risk. There is no guarantee until after the choice is made.

  • I left her. If she wasnt stupid and try to get away i would shoot her in leg and leave

  • @Jaded X Gamer said: Was no one concerned that screaming panicked woman might see Kenny and Lee and start unknowingly bringing the dead after them if she ran towards them? Or she might survive long enough to start raising dead all over Macon, fucking up possible escape routes? Or get cornered right in front of the pharmacy and her yells end up bringing more dead down upon the building?

    Lotta talk about being "smart" but in retrospect, leaving her alive seemed like as much a liability as shooting her. You only see her run back the way she came after you decide to leave her, so you don't really know what's she was going to do before that. She could have just as easily started fleeing towards the pharmacy and started banging on the busted up doors, bringing a ton of the dead after her. And if she ever spotted Lee and Kenny she probably try chasing after them.

    Way I see it, both choices carry some inherit risk.



    Not really. It's a pretty safe bet that the pack of undead chasing her had her full attention. :p Your average person tends to develop tunnel vision in a fight for their life scenario; situational awareness basically goes out the window. Besides, as Kenny says, her screaming will draw the walkers to her... shooting her pinpoints your position for them.

    The options aren't really equal in the slightest because of that. Best case, one could claim that leaving her could somehow eventually alert the living impaired to your presence. By contrast, shooting her will alert them to your presence. She wasn't louder than a gunshot. Any undead in Macon she could attract by screaming would be attracted by gunfire.

    Had the option been there to kill her quietly, it would've been a harder call (atleast for me).

  • @Mornai said: Both options are equally theoretical in risk. There is no guarantee until after the choice is made.



    When you shoot the girl, it is guaranteed that the walkers will notice. If you don't shoot the girl, there is a chance that she MIGHT bring the walkers to you.

    Guaranteed risk < Possible risk

  • Yeah, my thoughts exactly. And if we do shoot her, well, we just saved her about 15 seconds of suffering, doesn´t really seem like worth the risk to me. Although I did shoot her on my original playthrough.. I guess Im just too nice for the ZA lol

  • I shot her,that was the right thing to do. ZA or not I wanted to Keep my Lee human and save whoeve need saving,the chance to take her out of her misery was there and I took it. I felt like If I would just leave her im no better then Larry at the drugstore (and later on,better then Kenny who left me cz I saved Larry) I got almost all of the supplies so it didnt much matter

Add Comment