User Avatar Image

Shooting the Girl in the street

posted by Love88 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

Okay so when Lee and Kenny are out hunting for supplies and the girl comes out screaming, and you have the choice to either shoot or not shoot, what did you decide and how does it effect the story?

I chose to leave her as a distraction, I thought the zombies might come after me.

143 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • But what if that meal you gave up was the difference between being physically able to do tasks. What if you did not find more for weeks. Injury were you cannot move to get more. Shit happens. Could be difference between life and death. So yea 3 bullets, 2 energy bars, or 1 antibiotic could mean a whole lot.

• Was no one concerned that screaming panicked woman might see Kenny and Lee and start unknowingly bringing the dead after them if she ran towards them? Or she might survive long enough to start raising dead all over Macon, fucking up possible escape routes? Or get cornered right in front of the pharmacy and her yells end up bringing more dead down upon the building?

Lotta talk about being "smart" but in retrospect, leaving her alive seemed like as much a liability as shooting her. You only see her run back the way she came after you decide to leave her, so you don't really know what's she was going to do before that. She could have just as easily started fleeing towards the pharmacy and started banging on the busted up doors, bringing a ton of the dead after her. And if she ever spotted Lee and Kenny she probably try chasing after them.

Way I see it, both choices carry some inherit risk.

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Was no one concerned that screaming panicked woman might see Kenny and Lee and start unknowingly bringing the dead after them if she ran towards them? Or she might survive long enough to start raising dead all over Macon, fucking up possible escape routes? Or get cornered right in front of the pharmacy and her yells end up bringing more dead down upon the building?

Lotta talk about being "smart" but in retrospect, leaving her alive seemed like as much a liability as shooting her. You only see her run back the way she came after you decide to leave her, so you don't really know what's she was going to do before that. She could have just as easily started fleeing towards the pharmacy and started banging on the busted up doors, bringing a ton of the dead after her. And if she ever spotted Lee and Kenny she probably try chasing after them.

A guaranteed risk versus a theoretical risk.

There is a big difference.

• @Riadon said: A guaranteed risk versus a theoretical risk.

There is a big difference.

Both options are equally theoretical in risk. There is no guarantee until after the choice is made.

• I left her. If she wasnt stupid and try to get away i would shoot her in leg and leave

• @Jaded X Gamer said: Was no one concerned that screaming panicked woman might see Kenny and Lee and start unknowingly bringing the dead after them if she ran towards them? Or she might survive long enough to start raising dead all over Macon, fucking up possible escape routes? Or get cornered right in front of the pharmacy and her yells end up bringing more dead down upon the building?

Not really. It's a pretty safe bet that the pack of undead chasing her had her full attention. :p Your average person tends to develop tunnel vision in a fight for their life scenario; situational awareness basically goes out the window. Besides, as Kenny says, her screaming will draw the walkers to her... shooting her pinpoints your position for them.

The options aren't really equal in the slightest because of that. Best case, one could claim that leaving her could somehow eventually alert the living impaired to your presence. By contrast, shooting her will alert them to your presence. She wasn't louder than a gunshot. Any undead in Macon she could attract by screaming would be attracted by gunfire.

Had the option been there to kill her quietly, it would've been a harder call (atleast for me).

• @Mornai said: Both options are equally theoretical in risk. There is no guarantee until after the choice is made.

When you shoot the girl, it is guaranteed that the walkers will notice. If you don't shoot the girl, there is a chance that she MIGHT bring the walkers to you.

Guaranteed risk < Possible risk

• Yeah, my thoughts exactly. And if we do shoot her, well, we just saved her about 15 seconds of suffering, doesn´t really seem like worth the risk to me. Although I did shoot her on my original playthrough.. I guess Im just too nice for the ZA lol

• I shot her,that was the right thing to do. ZA or not I wanted to Keep my Lee human and save whoeve need saving,the chance to take her out of her misery was there and I took it. I felt like If I would just leave her im no better then Larry at the drugstore (and later on,better then Kenny who left me cz I saved Larry) I got almost all of the supplies so it didnt much matter

• Didn't shoot her. Got more items. Kenny made the calculated call and if that makes him a monster in some people's eyes, so be it. Someone has to make the hard calls and IMO sitting on some make believe throne judging others, especially in a situation where it's not just their lives their deciding is pitiful. Someone has to make the tough calls and everyone has a reason for doing what their doing. The only real monsters I see in this game are the bandits.

Add Comment