User Avatar Image

How about someone like Ben as a new Protagonist?

posted by Chanut_N on - last edited - Viewed by 868 users

Ben 2.00 as a new protagonist in Season 2.

The game will force you to decide between the most moronic solutions. Which stupid way would you choose? Something like that.

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mornai said: I think Ben was just trying to suck up to Kenny because of what he did. I'd say Kenny never really thought highly of Ben to begin with, so maybe slightly below neutral. In episode 3, he shows that he thinks Ben is completely incapable of watching the motor inn, and insults him later when Ben suggests to walk around the tanker.

Yeah but this is Kenny we're talking about, considering his relationships with everyone else nuetral is pretty good. :p

He (rightly) doesn't think much of Ben's ability, but i didn't sense any hostility until his confession.

• I could picture starting out as fairly incompetent or physically weak, but I'd hate having to play someone making stupid choice after stupid choice.

• @CarScar said: "Oh god, I've been bitten! Ben 2.0, you have to cut off my arm before the infection spreads!"

Press Y to: cut off his leg
    Press X to: faint
    Press B to: run away
    Press A to: ...

Seriously speaking, with the interesting choice for the "press A" it would be epic. I am not kidding

• @Mikejames said: I could picture starting out as fairly incompetent or physically weak, but I'd hate having to play someone making stupid choice after stupid choice.

We actually did that with Lee. How many times did he fall down in the first episode again? Hell, they even lampshaded it in Episode 5 with the whole "this isn't the time to fall on your face again" line. :p

• @Rommel49 said: We actually did that with Lee. How many times did he fall down in the first episode again? Hell, they even lampshaded it in Episode 5 with the whole "this isn't the time to fall on your face again" line. :p

When did that line show up? I'd like to hear it myself, sounds funny. And for the record, Lee tripping all over the place was just clumsiness, not incompetence or physical weakness. At the end of the day he still would've whooped any zombie in hand to hand combat even if he tripped over his own shoelaces.

• @Mornai said: When did that line show up? I'd like to hear it myself, sounds funny. And for the record, Lee tripping all over the place was just clumsiness, not incompetence or physical weakness. At the end of the day he still would've whooped any zombie in hand to hand combat even if he tripped over his own shoelaces.

I'm guessing that line shows up if you chose to go after Clementine alone. Lee talks to himself quite a bit in that case.

• @Mornai said: And for the record, Lee tripping all over the place was just clumsiness, not incompetence or physical weakness.

I figured the massive bleeding open wound in one of his legs was the chief cause.

• I do want someone like Ben to be a protagonist, though preferably a female. With the exception of maybe Katjaa, all the women in our group were pretty capable. And situations like the one you find yourself in late in Episode 2 would be entirely different. Someone like Lee can take care of himself in a fight, and he's physically strong. It'd be nice to have a character who has to rely more on verbal interactions to determine their fate, as well as who they decide to trust or ally with.

• How about someone like Ben as a new Protagonist?
    Brilliant idea, I thought a lot of time abot it. Really good idea.

Add Comment