User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Q.U.B.E. - 7/10

I like puzzle games and this game had a lot of varied ones. They were challenging enough without getting frustrating yet complex enough to need some thorough thinking to get them solved. It’s got pretty graphics and a nice environment even if it is leaning close up against Portal. It even has a nice soundtrack to go with it. The only few gripes I got with it is a lack of story and involvement with the character you were playing and the game was kind of short. I took me about 4-5 hours to complete, but I guess it depends on how good you are with puzzles.

Serious Sam 2 - 7/10

It's not just a fun game; it's a really fun game. The core elements of Serious Sam is kept intact, shoot millions of varied monsters with a lot of varied guns, where both guns and monsters come in all shapes and sizes. I was a bit unsure of some of their decisions to the changes to some of the recurring monsters, like the red Biomechanoid and the Beheaded Kamikaze. Well at least it had original Kleers.
    It had some strange graphics, graphical glitches (like not being able to run up stairs properly). The heavy metal music was changed dramatically and the game was less ‘Serious’.
    But none of this takes away the important fact, it was fun.

Serious Sam 3: BFE - 9/10

Oh. My. God! This game was utter amazing. They have really gone a long way since Serious Sam HD and even more so with Serious Sam 2. It goes back to its roots with enhanced graphics and a great musical score.
    Sam is as fun as always, and the background story sets up first and second encounter nicely.

• Simon the Sorcerer 3D - 2/10

Fuck this game. Just... fuck it.

(The only reason it got a 2 was for the very final puzzle, which was so good I dare not spoil it)

• @Darth Marsden said: Simon the Sorcerer 3D - 2/10

Fuck this game. Just... fuck it.

(The only reason it got a 2 was for the very final puzzle, which was so good I dare not spoil it)

Does that mean we can expect the continuation of your let's play soon? Can't wait.

That must really have been a damn good puzzle.

• @Darth Marsden said: (The only reason it got a 2 was for the very final puzzle, which was so good I dare not spoil it)

I wasn't able to finish the game for over a year because of that puzzle, in that I didn't realise until after much searching that a certain setting on my computer stopped the puzzle from working correctly.

• @flesk said: Does that mean we can expect the continuation of your let's play soon? Can't wait.

...maybe.
    @flesk said: I wasn't able to finish the game for over a year because of that puzzle, in that I didn't realise until after much searching that a certain setting on my computer stopped the puzzle from working correctly.
    I had the same thing, actually. I had to fiddle around with my settings and reset the computer a few times before I just got lucky. Thank god for walkthroughs.

• Castle Crashers - 8/10

It's fun while playing the game with other people.

• Duke Nukem Forever - 3/10

I gave the game an honest go, but no matter how hard I tried I could not force my self to like it. Not even honestly complete it, but that is just how bad it is. What a waste of money that was...

If I have to come up with one positive thing, it's got good graphics.

• Tomb Raider: Origins (as I call it) - 8/10

Great game. Very much like Uncharted, which may or may not be a good thing. Not sure. Played well, the combat was fun, the climbing was enjoyable, and it had a strong plot. Would recommend.

Lost a point for some clumsily hidden collectables (well, shootables to be exact), not having enough Tombs to Raid (the best bits since they had actual puzzles to solve, simple as they were) and for being a shade too short.

DLC Quest - 7/10

Short, simple, fun. Original bit's better than the second quest, but not by much.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold Episode 1 - 4/5. It's an homage to classic adventure games done right. The graphic style is straight out of the 1990's, and the game play style is too. It's very much an homage to games like Monkey Island (and a nod to Sierra games like Freddy Pharkas and Leisure Suit Larry, although the game is very LucasArts, from it's interface to the fact that you can't get stuck or die).

It's co-designed by Josh Mandel (of Space Quest 6 and Freddy Pharkas fame, among others), and it shows. It's got some funny moments (and a lot of the humor comes in the item descriptions). Best of all, the puzzles are really well designed, and have a lot of times where puzzles need to be solved and/or people need to be talked to before new locations and/or puzzles open up (but this is all done in a very natural way). The story's interesting, but it's more of a set up for what's to come. There's also no voice acting, but the rest of the game makes up for it in my opinion.

My full review is here if you're interested.

• @Darth Marsden said: Tomb Raider: Origins (as I call it) - 8/10

Great game. Very much like Uncharted, which may or may not be a good thing. Not sure. Played well, the combat was fun, the climbing was enjoyable, and it had a strong plot. Would recommend.

So new Tomb Raider plays somewhat like Uncharted, which plays somewhat like old Tomb Raider.

Add Comment