User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 22.0K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I love the new costume, but I'm not a fan of the fact that no costume seems to last longer than about 6 episodes (barring The first series). It just seems to me to be a cheap attempt to create more toys (like having so many coloured Daleks). This is Matt's 5th Costume now, it's starting to get a little ridiculous. I hope he settles with it.

I like the fact that the costume is Victorian-esque, which is similar to the first doctor. The fact that this is the anniversary year was probably the driver behind that. So I excpect we'll have another costume in the next season, and maybe even a new doctor, who can keep his pants on* for a longer stint.

• I kinda like this particular one more than the others. It just looks classy.

• @Alcoremortis said: I kinda like this particular one more than the others. It just looks classy.

Agreed. It has a Willy Wonka vibe to it, which is nice, but it isn't over the top.

• Doctor Who pointless is on Later this month, or as Radio Times amusingly put it, "Pointless Doctor Who reunion."
    26496.jpg&width=620&height=374&quality=8
    From left to right: Ace, Jamie, Peri, Leela, Wilf, Jake Simmonds, Dr. Who #7, Sylvia Noble, Whizzkid, Mr. Smith

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Oh, there was a troubled young companion who loved to blow up shit!

Interesting. :)

• I'm rather ashamed to admit that on first glance I recognised precisely none of those actors by their faces (I just assumed that it was just a generic photo from an average show). Which is odd, because individually I recognise them all.

Also, nicola Bryant looks a lot like my first school teacher...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Wilfred was the first I recognised. Not having watched anything before 2005, I'd naturally pull a blank on most of these faces. Not even Sylvia Noble rang a bell, but that's just because there's no scene on the show in which she's smiling. :o

• @Vainamoinen said: Wilfred was the first I recognised. Not having watched anything before 2005, I'd naturally pull a blank on most of these faces. Not even Sylvia Noble rang a bell, but that's just because there's no scene on the show in which she's smiling. :o

DW_4x18_The_End_of_Time_%28Pt_2%29_0889.

• There's 3 companions there that are responsible for (or at least present for) a Doctor's Death. Now there's a pointless fact for you.

Also, I've never seen the show. I'm just going to assume it's like numberwang, because I saw the thread in Forum Games, and consequently spent an hour today watching videos about it. ¬_¬

Add Comment