User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 166.2K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I finally decided to come out to a group of friends, except no-one was around, so I did it via e-mail, which is impersonal I know, but a heck of a lot easier than working a way out to introduce it in a conversation. Plus trying to get them all together is a nightmare, with two at uni and the other working completely different shifts from me.

We're organising a trip to London, in which we'll stay overnight in a hotel, which is why I decided the time was right to bring it up. I'm hoping they'll all be fine with it. One is Catholic, which may cause issues, but I think he is tolerant of the issue. If not, I'll just bring up the fact that The has a rather large stake in an apartment block featuring Europes largest Gay Sauna. :P

I'm getting quite nervous awaiting the replies...

It's times like these I wish I had that giant Custard Cream from the other page...

• @Friar said:

It's times like these I wish I had that giant Custard Cream from the other page...

Now I feel bad for eating the whole thing.

• @coolsome said: Now I feel bad for eating the whole thing.

That's fine, that one had been sitting on the counter for several years, it was probably a little off. Maybe you can buy me an oversized chocolate Bourbon?

That is if you can find an oversized chocolate bourbon. They can never be too big in my eyes!

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Johro said: I have a couple friends that spew and share all that garbage too. [...] Jesus Christ people. Use some thought before posting such nonsense.

My sister-in-law actually unfriended me for fact checking an out-there "quote" she posted on her wall (all I did was provide a link to the Snopes article). NOOO! The truth, it BURRRNSSS!

• Well I've just received my first response from my university application and it's an unconditional offer from the University of Westminster. So as it stands I'll be going back to university in September.

I'm so happy and I've still to hear from my 4 other choices.

• @corruptbiggins said: Well I've just received my first response from my university application and it's an unconditional offer from the University of Westminster. So as it stands I'll be going back to university in September.

I'm so happy and I've still to hear from my 4 other choices.

I received my umpteenth response from Nottingham uni, telling me that I've got a place there. I applied in 2011 for a defferred entry. I've had the grades I needed since February 2012, but they like to keep reminding me. Oh well.

Anyway, congratulations on your offer! Where else did you apply to, and what to do? I applied to study Computer Science at Nottingham, Cardiff, Portsmouth and Aberystwyth. I looked at Westminister when I was studying my first lot of AS's back in 2008. It looked awesome, but I didn't think I could afford London.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@puzzlebox said: My sister-in-law actually unfriended me for fact checking an out-there "quote" she posted on her wall (all I did was provide a link to the Snopes article). NOOO! The truth, it BURRRNSSS!

All right, provide the link. :)

I have fact checked how much alcohol actually remains in boiled sauces with wine or whiskey... I'll have me some unfriends when I go to town with that bomb. :o

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: All right, provide the link. :)

I have fact checked how much alcohol actually remains in boiled sauces... I'll have me some unfriends when I go to town with that bomb. :o

It doesn't right? I thought it actually gets more dense because you're just boilign off the water.

• @divisionten said: It doesn't right? I thought it actually gets more dense because you're just boilign off the water.

But surely, given alcohol has a lower boiling point, it should be the first to go?

This discussion has been closed.